Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1984 is already here. Several goverments are spying on everything you do, anywhere, anytime.

NSA propably knows more about me than I do, and I haven't ever even been in the USA.

Deleted
    We now know who the afkers in LFR really are!

20k dps? Government spy!

Wow. That must be one heck of a job if you were working at their 'spying division' for games.

Deleted
    I feel sorry for those guys that were tasked to infiltrate WoW playerbase or, even worse, Xbox Live. PTSD is a bitch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I.. kinda always figured they were doing this?

Who gives a shit?

What exactly do you have to hide involving WoW..
    standard response by your typical 'useful idiot'.

OMG they know that my orcs are trying to over throw the horde regime???

This isn't good!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    standard response by your typical 'useful idiot'.
    Standard response by your typical useless idiot.

It must be slow in the spy business at the moment that they have time to play WoW, oops, sorry spy on people in WoW...

Maybe they can tell us when the beta starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    OMG they know that my orcs are trying to over throw the horde regime???

This isn't good!

- - - Updated - - -

Standard response by your typical useless idiot.
    15 level 90s, no concern for what goes on in the world. Are you a kid or are you just brainwashed by tv? Please, next tell me how "if you have nothing to hide who cares if they spy on you".

Sure they're not going to get a lot of information from WoW, but it's the fact that they're spying on everyone in the world, unregulated, and don't have to answer to anyone. If Watergate happened today the citizens would never know.

The NSA has a command center designed like the bridge of the USS Enterprise, complete with command chair. I remember reading about the visitors being offered the chance to have their picture taken in the captain's chair.

Don't tell me that their staff isn't riddled with gaming geeks.

It more shocking blizzard would allow this to happen, with warden they surely must know.

Well. There havent been one big terrorist attack since the 11th september. You think that is just luck ? ( yes there have been a few since. But nothing on the scale of WTC)

if someone spaying on everything i say i the price to pay for terrorist attacks being stopped and innocent lives being saved. Well. Then thats a rather small price isnt it ?

But i guess for some people their principles is more important than stopping terrorists. but what do i know

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    But i guess for some people their principles is more important than stopping terrorists. but what do i know
    Well, to be fair the people should never just be completely trusting of it's Govt. We already have a huge amount of apathy now and that's why we have the national debt out of control. Too many people just want to "let the Govt handle it". I think it's good thing for the people to be suspicious of their Govts. A touch of paranoia keeps everyone sharp.

I'm sure most Americans are willing to give up X amount of privacy for security, but we should never just write the Govt a blank check and trust they will do what's best. After all, the Govt is ran by humans, humans have weaknesses and make mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chridde View Post
    "terrorists use online games – but perhaps not for their amusement. They are suspected of using them to communicate secretly and to transfer funds."
    i've had that suspicion myself about the gold spammers for years.

One of the reasons (the main one) I don't use any social midia...

I'm not a terrorist or criminal by any means but that doesn't mean they can check up on my life whenever they want...

About the WoW thing, good luck separating the good info from the massive 99% of bullshit teenagers spill these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well. There havent been one big terrorist attack since the 11th september. You think that is just luck ? ( yes there have been a few since. But nothing on the scale of WTC)

if someone spaying on everything i say i the price to pay for terrorist attacks being stopped and innocent lives being saved. Well. Then thats a rather small price isnt it ?

the entire terrorism craze was nothing but a ploy, designed by globalists, to enable the government to enact their totalitarian police state. al qaeda was created by the CIA for exactly this purpose. how you people can't see this is beyond me. you have to look at this long term. nothing happens by chance.

the basis and plot in the book '1984' has been the government's wet dream since at least the 60s.

Utøya 22 july 2011 was a pretty big attack, but probably not regarded as one in western terms as it was done by a christian rather than a muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Operative sentence in that article:

My take - a bunch of guys at NSA scammed their bosses into letting them play WoW on the government dime.

This is so true

I'm sure I read something similar years ago. Quite hilarious to be fair, I'm sure they have *spies* in a lot of places on the internet, heck even on MMO Champ! /tinfoil hat

10+ Year Old Account
    They are spying on #1 MMORPG for a reason, to learn its succes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?