Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foorun View Post
    Feels good to be back on MMO-C!

Came back to WoW and forgot my MMO-C details .

Regardless, I've been a long time tank, used to tank and raidlead through the whole of WoTLK and Cata, I have seen alot of threads on here recently (I've been reading up alot before returning to WoW). I must say, I will not let this deter me. Now I am older with a girlfriend and job, I have other priorities. I will be tanking LFR on multiple toons once they are leveled up, I just love tanking. I feel if you set the right tone at the start of the dungeon, people really can't do alot. You just need to find a nice few people within the group, and have a little fun as you go, thats what I've been doing in 5 mans while leveling.

Everyone complains about the toxic community, but if you actually speak to people and try to interact, you'll find its less than half the community that are assholes. I think 1 in the ~8 dungeon groups i've had have been arrogant people, and even that one me and a warlock were having some fun.
    That is a good spirit. People NEED to keep a good and positive attitude in the game, only way to break a bad circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The person in questions actions are reportable in game, which is the correct method of dealing with such behavior.
    The report system consists of for "spamming' or "cheating" to which you have to type who, when, where and what. Or a full ticket is required, again who, when, where and what. This is a huge burden on the everyone but the offending player.

It is not a effective system.
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2013-12-09 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    That is a good spirit. People NEED to keep a good and positive attitude in the game, only way to break a bad circle.
    Pointless in playing a game to just argue with people that you will likely never see again, if you want to do that, go on the xbox eh?

Forgot to add, many people also say how the community is ruined these days, I've also added a few people via RealID in the couple days I've been back, building up my friends list with some people who want to run dungeons and PvP. The decent players will not speak up, nor will they come find you, you need to be the one that speaks up and breaks the mold.

If your in a LFR with 24 other people, chances are, ~15 of those people are going to be decent people, if you actually try to speak to them and have some fun, you may gain ~4 new friends to join LFR with next time.

It is why nobody wants to tank.

So many hunters gemming Intellect and Parry that backseat tank and call you a window licking retard for screwing up while he stands in bad and pulls about 15k dps.

You are new to a fight? "GET OUT YOU FAGGOT"

You screw up? "OH MY GOD KICK THIS RETARD"

It's why I stopped tanking on my DK.

LFR is supposed to teach you fights, Teach you mechanics and gear you up. You aren't supposed to go into it as a heroic 14/14 raider

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    The report system consists of for "spamming' or "cheating" to which you have to type who, when, where and what. Or a full ticket is required, again who, when, where and what. This is a huge burden on the everyone but the offending player.

It is not a effective system.
    Haven't played for a while have you? Right click > report now has language, name etc. It also auto ignores them. You don't have to type anything in and you never did for spam and cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Haven't played for a while have you? Right click > report now has language, name etc. It also auto ignores them. You don't have to type anything in and you never did for spam and cheating.
    12 hours ago on Eu I had two options of report in a LFR, Spamming and Cheating

Deleted
    You bicker here but this is what allows us all premium treatment as a tank.
    Instant invites and extra rewards are not for free after all.

I don't post much, I mainly lurk but I feel I have to response to this.

Yes, everyone should look up bosses before they head into a raid, but the reality is: if you expect everyone to live up to your "ethics" of playstyle, then you will be sorely disappointed.

In the end, all it boils down to is a lack of patience for thy fellow man. If you don't have time to take a few seconds out of your day to do a little summary of what the boss does and, in this case, what the tanks must deal with... You probably shouldn't even play wow let alone do LFRs in them.

Tanks bare the ultimate responsibility for everything that goes wrong. It's a great deal of pressure to disappoint 24 other people, but sometimes it happens. If someone is going to throw stones at a tank for that, maybe they should have rolled a tank themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Instant invites and extra rewards are not for free after all.
    Yeah, You have to deal with

- Back seat tanking

- Being called a Retard, Window Licker, Moron,

- Get told to go kill yourself for failing

- Have the hunter gemming parry and pulling 15k DPS tell you how to tank

What a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    12 hours ago on Eu I had two options of report in a LFR, Spamming and Cheating
    Could EU be different? I'm almost positive I've used it to report language in LFR. I know I've done it for trade trolls. Maybe I'm mistaken and LFR only has two options.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    title should have been "this is why nobody wants to play wow nomore" cos wow is full of wanker cunts the last few years, not just the LFR scum... I only ever did LFR a couple times back at start of MoP (I never LFR DS pile of shite).. 3 bosses in and every cunt is on the warpath lol, wot a crock... I did do a few more afterwards but only to cause wipes and piss everyone off lol... full of cunts wow is fp..

Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    title should have been "this is why nobody wants to play wow nomore" cos wow is full of wanker cunts the last few years [...] I did do a few more afterwards but only to cause wipes and piss everyone off lol... full of cunts wow is fp..
    Yea.

It's getting toxic in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Now apply that same logic to your behavior in this thread. You're not accomplishing anything here but being antagonistic. If you don't have any sympathy for the OP then move along. The reason you didn't is the same reason the OP started this thread: validation.

We're all social animals and you succumb to the same traps as the rest of us. Get over yourself.
    "If you don't have any sympathy for the op, move on" What kind of response is that? Everyone has an opinion, good or bad. MMO-Champion doesn't have rules against people having negative opinions. Stop trying to enforce that here.

If you don't want to see negative or harsh things, life isn't for you, because not only does it happen in every crevice of the internet, it also happens in real life.

I feel like even if you had never done this fight tanking that you would at least have an intuitive sense of how to tank the boss, from I dunno, maybe a dps perspective. A big part of tanking is understanding and having a strategy, and to that extent, even for you LFR people, there is no such thing as being a casual tank. Being casual means the group dies, you get flamed, and get kicked. I don't like that they couldn't be patient, but then again its LFR- people want to run and be done fast, I've been there. I've been there as a dps, trying to establish order and fight getting kicked. The only reason I don't is because I'm top dps so people listen in the vaguest sense. LFR is not punishing enough to quit however. So do your homework so you don't get yelled at next time, step up and be the authority for your raid. That's why we have LFR, is so people have a space to do that, and eventually become better raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    I feel like even if you had never done this fight tanking that you would at least have an intuitive sense of how to tank the boss, from I dunno, maybe a dps perspective. A big part of tanking is understanding and having a strategy, and to that extent, even for you LFR people, there is no such thing as being a casual tank. Being casual means the group dies, you get flamed, and get kicked. I don't like that they couldn't be patient, but then again its LFR- people want to run and be done fast, I've been there. I've been there as a dps, trying to establish order and fight getting kicked. The only reason I don't is because I'm top dps so people listen in the vaguest sense. LFR is not punishing enough to quit however. So do your homework so you don't get yelled at next time, step up and be the authority for your raid. That's why we have LFR, is so people have a space to do that, and eventually become better raiders.
    That's not at all what lfr is for, but I agree with you on the parts before that.

"you have the internet right?" - Although nothing excuses how rude they are, this guy brings up a valid point. As a tank you kind of have a responsibility to know the fights before you enter LFR. If you're wiping because you don't know the fight, then that's your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    If you don't want to see negative or harsh things, life isn't for you, because not only does it happen in every crevice of the internet, it also happens in real life.
    Well, the difference is folks let their sociopathy and degeneracy fly brazenly on the internet, because they know they're unlikely to be punched in the face.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Quote Originally Posted by spinnaker View Post
    "you have the internet right?" - Although nothing excuses how rude they are, this guy brings up a valid point. As a tank you kind of have a responsibility to know the fights before you enter LFR. If you're wiping because you don't know the fight, then that's your fault.
    DPS has a big responsibility to know the fights and not stand in fire so the raid doesn't wipe or take 10x longer cuz they cant understand the concept of "damage done to adds mirrors to the boss" ya know.

They also need to learn their class and how to gem, enchant and reforge. Tanking LFR is easy. DPSing is apparently super hard since the majority are carried by 2-3 non idiots.

Moral of the story. ALL players should read up on fights. The 90 second ones are a paragraph per role. No one has a higher responsibility than the player standing next to them except maybe DPS if they retard out and cause a wipe.

tanking can be fun.

WHEN PEOPLE LISTEN.

there is nothing more frustrating than watching people fail to basic mechanics and being unable to do a thing to stop it.