Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Camouflage? Your stories?

I leveled a hunter to 90 the last few days, the thing is, I like BG pvp, a lot.

I also like Camouflage a ton, I see at as an enabler for many stealth actions for pvp.

Do you have any fun stories that involve Camouflage? Has it saved your hide many times? I am getting the glyph asap, because no matter how cool the predator effect is, it's still not stealth while moving.

Deleted
    I remember, this one time, i went into my spellbook and clicked it, was a long time ago though....

Camouflage has been incredibly useful in almost every AB match I've been in. It easily lets me throw people off cliffs without them even being able to react to it.

I've been able to solo defend LM with ease when combined with a glyphed Explosive Trap.

I recently unbound it. Felt good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    I recently unbound it. Felt good.
    Why? It's stealth, and stealth is always useful.

I remember once impressing a heroic progression guild I was trialing in by Camoflauging a frostbite on H-Council of Elders. There was this awed silence like "What happened to the frostbite?" and I was like, uh, I camo'd it, it's like the iceblock thing for mages....

...and then the awkward silence when the other hunters in this established guild admitted they didn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Why? It's stealth, and stealth is always useful.
    I mean lets be real our Cammo isn't as useful as other stealth in the game. Also if i plan on pvping again i can simply put it back on my bars? I have never used it in SoO. Think i tried it with the glyph for like Spoils maybe Malkorok but it wasn't needed. Its a very pointless ability if you mainly raid on your hunter. If the glyphed version was better than it might be alright. But still semi useless... More of a Pvp/Soloing/Not Pulling Trash Ability.

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    I mean lets be real our Cammo isn't as useful as other stealth in the game. Also if i plan on pvping again i can simply put it back on my bars? I have never used it in SoO. Think i tried it with the glyph for like Spoils maybe Malkorok but it wasn't needed. Its a very pointless ability if you mainly raid on your hunter. If the glyphed version was better than it might be alright. But still semi useless... More of a Pvp/Soloing/Not Pulling Trash Ability.
    Someone literally just posted a glyphed camo tip in the tips thread, about how glyphed camo breaks Mesmerize on Paragons.

Was getting ganked on a sub-90 toon in Dread wastes, went on the hunter to find the guy hovering in the air above my alts corpse (surprise). So I backed away, applied Camo glyph, and slowly snuck under him (luckily he was within range), smashed him with a dismount shell and blew him up before he knew what happened. I could have killed him normally, but without the surprise factor it just wouldn't have been the same.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

What's Camouflage?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Someone literally just posted a glyphed camo tip in the tips thread, about how glyphed camo breaks Mesmerize on Paragons.
    Its not needed thou.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I leveled a hunter to 90 the last few days, the thing is, I like BG pvp, a lot.
    Do you have any fun stories that involve Camouflage? Has it saved your hide many times? I am getting the glyph asap, because no matter how cool the predator effect is, it's still not stealth while moving.
    I also like Camouflage a ton, I see at as an enabler for many stealth actions for pvp.

I used it as an Alliance and sneaked around within Orgrimmar during the Pilgrim's bounty recently. Was lucky to find the rogue I needed, used my turkey shooter. Entered combat, but used shadowmeld (love that spell, can't change race because of it.. sigh) and mounted up away. Pretty fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvE camo might not be -as- useful except for some occasions like the ones that have already been posted in this thread, but for PvP it's extremely useful. It forces you to get in melee range of the hunter, which as rogue is a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is annoying how it breaks if you immediatly refresh it after the end of the duration. It wasn't like that in cata.

I might brush off the dust on it knowing that when glyph'ed, can remove Mesmerize on klaxxi.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Camouflage has been incredibly useful in almost every AB match I've been in. It easily lets me throw people off cliffs without them even being able to react to it.

I've been able to solo defend LM with ease when combined with a glyphed Explosive Trap.
    Also useful for BFG and WSG when playing flag defense.

For me it was always fun when I surprised someone and burst them down asap (as BM).

Them aimed shot crits! Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    It is annoying how it breaks if you immediatly refresh it after the end of the duration. It wasn't like that in cata.
    I think it's broken when you have Assurance of Consequence. AoC will lower the CD of Camo such that you can click on it, but it still retains some internal CD and if you click it before the full, standard 1-minute CD is up, it goes on CD without being cast.

Yep, I was hidden in stealth in AV waiting for a group of horde to pass by and then Belinda said "To battle!" and my camo broke instantly inspite of having 20 more sec duration.

Seems to break a lot in bgs.

Deleted

Mount camouflage. Not sure if it still works, but it was pretty funny, and others could see it too.