Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Annoying to Level... Help?

Alright - to start this off I'm just gonna say I respect the people that have so many 90's and dealt with the repetitiveness and I'm merely asking for help.

Okay - I recently got my 4th 90 as I am trying to get the rest of my characters to 90 for WoD. But so far I have a Druid at 88 and a bunch more alts at 86. My big dilemma is that I'm just tired of the repetitive questing and I was curious if there is any way for "shortcutting" it? I know the rare method - but none of my friends want to or have enough time to fly me around killing rares.

So help me please oh mystic MMOChamp community

10+ Year Old Account
    rested xp + dungeon runs is fastest way i find that you can do on your alts, though tbh you can get to 90 just by questing fairly quickly these days, usually before finishing kun lai summit

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    Alright - to start this off I'm just gonna say I respect the people that have so many 90's and dealt with the repetitiveness and I'm merely asking for help.

Okay - I recently got my 4th 90 as I am trying to get the rest of my characters to 90 for WoD. But so far I have a Druid at 88 and a bunch more alts at 86. My big dilemma is that I'm just tired of the repetitive questing and I was curious if there is any way for "shortcutting" it? I know the rare method - but none of my friends want to or have enough time to fly me around killing rares.

Not really, leveling has become less "do anything" more "follow the storyline".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycurves View Post
    rested xp + dungeon runs is fastest way i find that you can do on your alts, though tbh you can get to 90 just by questing fairly quickly these days, usually before finishing kun lai summit
    I do agree - but thing is my memory is really good visually and I hate doing things over and over :/ I remember most quests that I do - and I really hate that -.-

All alts are rested too - but the thing is dungeon queues take awhile for my DPS characters and I just get easily distracted :/ So faster is better. (When I say easily distracted I've literally been in a queue for 4 minutes before I went "OOO SHINY" and joined a group for something that never ends up happening and I waste time :/)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycurves View Post

There are several places where you can be power leveled.

1) Karasang Wilds, there is a place (village) where those saurok mobs spawn non-stop. If you have a friend who is a warlock or some other AOE type you can be dropped off on the roof of a building, and have the person kill them. If they use a Potion of Luck they can make some nice bank while doing it. I believe the exp is in a 20 minute time is equal to 60% into level.

2) Monkey Runs, build your own group. Tank/Healer/DPSx3 and que specific for Storm Stout Brewery. Chain pull every monkey from start to first boss room. Gather them all in the middle and aoe them down. When boss shows up finish off the mobs and leave with out killing him. Leave Instance Group. Then reque. This nets you 5-6% exp per run.

3) You can farm that 300% exp bonus elixer and use it.

4) Call to Arms PVP Battlegrounds, I finished by Warlock some time ago doing them. It was fun and got a good hunk of exp per win.

5) Timeless Isle, you mentioned it but getting a group there to kill elites is said to be really good exp. Maybe use a add on like Oque or ask on the forum for your realm. Also if you have gold maybe pay your way in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Not really, leveling has become less "do anything" more "follow the storyline".
    It's all ways been that way. Yes there are some quest that are not part of the story but majority of it is about the story. You can't compare 1-60 quest to expansion quest.

Same boat here.

But I've already leveled 9 to 90… The last two will be this expansions bane of my existence!

Personally I can lvl a character from 85 to 90 in 2 days. So I don't worry.

What I find the most helpful is just over-gearing them with all the 450+ ilvl items and hopefully use an archeology 471 weapon. It just makes things so trivial, and I love it, because lvling up 9 90s is beyond trivial.
    Last edited by Forgon; 2013-12-11 at 05:10 AM.

Yes, it may be repetitive, but you level sooo fast in MoP I really don't understand why so many players are whining about it.
    I leveled my warlock, druid, paladin and death knight at the same time(so to speak). I had rested xp on all of them and I did zone by zone. I did the Jade Forest on all of them one after the other. Then I did Valley of the Four Winds up to Halfhill on one by one, and then "started over" from the first character and did the rest of the zone. Then I did the same thing in Kun-lai Summit(think I skipped the snowy part on some of them though) and if needed I did a few quests in Townlong Steppes.

If you think about how much you won't be liking it, it will be hell. Just do it! When I had made it to Kun-lai I was so surprised how fast it all went.

I do agree - but thing is my memory is really good visually and I hate doing things over and over :/ I remember most quests that I do - and I really hate that -.-

All alts are rested too - but the thing is dungeon queues take awhile for my DPS characters and I just get easily distracted :/ So faster is better. (When I say easily distracted I've literally been in a queue for 4 minutes before I went "OOO SHINY" and joined a group for something that never ends up happening and I waste time :/)

Got netflix?

download a movie and listen to it in the background while you quest.

I've beening listening to Farscape on Netflix while I quest in Outlands and now in Northrend.

You can even listen to education / history stuff from youtube. Things that have your minds focus on while you do the quest.

I understand what you mean of course. I'm actually leveling my 10th character and I'm enjoying it very very much. I guess that is what I enjoy most about MMORPG's taken a character and putting it through the story and building it.

I like end game raiding, LFR is amazing and scenarios are perfect for what I enjoy. But in the end leveling characters is what I enjoy the most. of course the only thing left is a Female Gnome Rogue, which I may do next...

/wrist.

I second this, I would really wish for Blizz to make their version of the GW2 system where you can do/revisit any zone in the game for xp. Lot of new cata zones/quests I haven't done due to the speed you level pre-85.

That said, I have only my war, (lv 88), and my druid, (lv 86), left so it's pretty moot by now.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2013-12-11 at 05:16 AM.

Look at my sig and behold my greatness!!! OKAY, so here's what you do... Download the addon's NPC_Scan, NPC_Scan overlay, Tomtom, and Lost Treasures. You play one character at a time, ONLY on rested exp and play him until the rested is gone, then move onto the next. You quest in a fast flowing path and make sure to check for rares and treasures along the way in Pandaria. Once treasure is worth like 5 quests, picking up 4 of them per zone is like doing 20 quests in a super fast way while doing quests and killings mobs etc. Only quest as a dps spec, don't do BG's, Don't do dungeons unless you have quests in there. Save all the mats and gold you get, give them to your main and AH them so you can afford starter 90 gear and other stuff once you level cap. Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    3) You can farm that 300% exp bonus elixer and use it.
    Thats for level 84's or lower right?

If your friends want to earn some gold, you could always have them help you kill the Saurok just by the Angler's Wharf. Bring some Potions of Luck and the levels will be rolling in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Thats for level 84's or lower right?
    it works for players under 85, don't waste your time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Look at my sig and behold my greatness!!! OKAY, so here's what you do... Download the addon's NPC_Scan, NPC_Scan overlay, Tomtom, and Lost Treasures. You play one character at a time, ONLY on rested exp and play him until the rested is gone, then move onto the next. You quest in a fast flowing path and make sure to check for rares and treasures along the way in Pandaria. Once treasure is worth like 5 quests, picking up 4 of them per zone is like doing 20 quests in a super fast way while doing quests and killings mobs etc. Only quest as a dps spec, don't do BG's, Don't do dungeons unless you have quests in there. Save all the mats and gold you get, give them to your main and AH them so you can afford starter 90 gear and other stuff once you level cap. Enjoy!
    That is next level.

But I can only agree, running dungeons as a way of "powerleveling" is just a serious no-no, even borderline inefficient questing will get you XP faster.

The fastest way is however the Saurok area in Karararasasrang wilds, if you have a friend that loves gold, but him a stack of pots of luck, and tell him to go farm there, he will earn a lot of gold, and you will get free XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    That is next level.

But I can only agree, running dungeons as a way of "powerleveling" is just a serious no-no, even borderline inefficient questing will get you XP faster.

The fastest way is however the Saurok area in Karararasasrang wilds, if you have a friend that loves gold, but him a stack of pots of luck, and tell him to go farm there, he will earn a lot of gold, and you will get free XP.
    That takes being carried, and the guy said he didn't have friends to carry him. Plus this seems super repetitive it would drive anyone nuts.

That takes being carried, and the guy said he didn't have friends to carry him. Plus this seems super repetitive it would drive anyone nuts.
    Ah, I missed the whole "no friends to carry" bit, it's getting late (early).

Yeah, it's true, it is very very repetitive, but to some people it's worth the gold, and if you provide the pots and set loot to FFA, you could maybe even get a random to grind it for you

I recently leveled both my warlock and hunter 85-90 farming swarmers(?) on the Timeless Isle. Pretty easy solo, have also seen it done by an Ele Shaman, Shadow Priest, Boomkin, Mage, and Rogue.

The XP scales based on your level, and assuming your rested you can get a level in about 20-30 minutes. Slower of course if you aren't rested BUT even if you aren't rested, you're actually killing USEFUL stuff, so ya know.

Most likely will end up with a full set of timeless isle gear, a couple burdens, and 20k+ coins. My warlock and hunter were both 500+ iLvls within minutes of hitting 90 (I have the garrosh boa staff/gun so that helps, but i also had enough coins to buy the weapons if I didn't already have better).

You may find it difficult at first, but once you figure out the right setup you'll breeze through. It's tedious, sure, but it works pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ya. My friends are usually raiding when I'm on - or just arent wanting to help. But I did download the treasure addon and tom tom. My paladin is almost 50% through 88 and he'll probably be 90 by Sunday. So thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been using Pet battles. I am leveling a shaman who just hit lvl 40 and has never left Stormwind. Once he is at 60, I will take him to outland to pet battle, and so on and so on.

A good shortcut? Post less, quest more.