Thread: Question

Question

Hello all,

So I am going to be deleting my alliance paladin and making a horde equivlent on a new server. Because this is going to be a new faction char (i will not pay for a server xfer nor a faction change) I need to know how to best spend about 13k gold on the to-be-deleted paladin. A few questions I have is:

1. My idea was to buy all the mounts I can on alliance side to increased my total mount count, my question is, once i delete the paladin I bought all the mounts on, will the mounts be lost or still saved throughout my other chars? (also how do ally to horde conversions of mounts work?)

2. Any other (sensible) ways to go about spending the 13k gold that will be otherwise deleted?

Thanks.

mounts are saved to the account not the character so deleting the character that got the mounts is fine

the conversions work like you think if you bought the black pvp war horse mount on alliance you would get the black war wolf or w/e it's opposite is on horde.. some mounts don't carry over but i dunno which ones atm or if they changed this..

you could buy a battlepet then resell it

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you'd delete a character unless you're out of slots or something.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    posting in a stealth 'it's BS that Blizzard charges me to move my toon' thread.

also

don't delete it. you can have up to 50 characters you know...

Like others have said... deleting the toon is simply unnecessary, unless you're at 49 already and want to keep your options open.

The best way to spend 13k? Maybe buy some pets? 13k is not a large amount, I'd be inclined to not worry about it.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I deleted my chars once when I 'moved on' but luckily a nice GM restored them for me and said "Dont do it again" basically.

So now they're staring back at me from servers I Never play on anymore, but sometimes I'll log in and ride around then log out.

Nice to have them for memory sake, or just the cool old stuff in the bank. Like my warrior with Stormherald, DRagonstrike and other cool BS items you cant get now.

Buy pets that can be re-sold on the new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Buy pets that can be re-sold on the new server.
    Where do i buy these pets?

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Where do i buy these pets?
    On the Auction House. Since pets are account-wide and many are cage-able (any that you can buy on the AH are cage-able, for example), you can purchase some of the rarer companion pets, such as the Son of Animus, Gooey Sha-ling, Gulp Froglet, or Dandelion Frolicker, and other pets that drops from the Timeless Isle or Throne of Thunder/Siege of Orgrimmar raids, learn them, and then cage them on the new character and re-sell them on that server's Auction House.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This got me thinking. They should introduce pet interbreeding to create infinite hybrid possibilities. DNA works differently in Azeroth so it's totally possible...

you still havent answered why u deleting ur char...

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Because my current pally is on an absolutely deserted server (plus hes alliance), I am re-leveling him on horde on a very populated realm, and more reason to now since the patch tuesday allows cross realm mailing of BoA items.