Thread: Exodar in WoD?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exodar in WoD?

I was just thinking if we are going to see exodar in draenor? That would be pretty cool

Deleted
    Tempest Keep only arrived there after the shattering, so I guess we won't.

I don't think we'll even see narru given there isn't any major burning legion. that we know of anyway
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Hmm I just read about tempest keep. And it seems it exodar was one part of it just like Botanica. Why was there draenei in draenor before the shattering then? Why did tempest keep come to outlands? ;o From my understanding draenei escaped Argus to draenor and from draenor to Azeroth by accident. Someone please explain this to me

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Draeneis will have their front set up in the Temple of Karabor, what's now the Black Temple.

Exodar is a Naaru ship that they escaped Outland and Kael'thas' Blood Elves in; Naaru came with an entire fortress to Outland: The Eye (Tempest Keep), Arcatraz (the prison for intergalactic wrongdoers), Botanica (an entire ecosystem) and Mechanar (the technological power supply).
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    The only problem with necrophilia is knowing when to either put them back in the freezer to keep them fresh or go dig up a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wait times for open tickets are currently measured in continental drift cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

I'd love to be able to give more attention to the Exodar and Darnassus, but they are in the middle of nowhere, sucks that people don't/can't use them.

Stormwind is so bland, I always go Ironforge instead, much nicer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriKanessi View Post
    Hmm I just read about tempest keep. And it seems it exodar was one part of it just like Botanica. Why was there draenei in draenor before the shattering then? Why did tempest keep come to outlands? ;o From my understanding draenei escaped Argus to draenor and from draenor to Azeroth by accident. Someone please explain this to me
    At some point before the present, the naaru arrived in the realm of Outland with a "dimensional fortress" known as Tempest Keep. The naaru dispersed throughout the ravaged world, leaving the fortress defenseless. Seeing an opportunity to strike, Kael'thas Sunstrider and his many blood elf legions assaulted Tempest Keep and captured it, taking possession of its treasures and kidnapping the sole naaru occupant, M'uru, sending him back to Silvermoon City for the magisters to utilize in their thirst for magic. M'uru then became corrupted with the void lord Entropius and is now a boss in the Sunwell Plateau.

Velen, the courageous prophet who had led the draenei people since their exodus from Argus millennia before, had hid with the remainder of his people in the wake of the Legion-instigated orcish onslaught. With the Broken Farseer Nobundo, first of the draenei shaman, at his side, the Prophet personally led a raid on Tempest Keep to wrest control of one of its satellite structures, The Exodar. The battle was so close that the enemy was able to board The Exodar before it could leave Outland. The fighting continued on board as the ship travelled in space. The blood elves, discovering what the draenei were planning, sabotaged the dimensional engines of the vessel. When the draenei activated it, the engine malfunctioned and sent The Exodar hurtling out of control through the Twisting Nether until it reached the closest habitable planet, Azeroth.

(Taken from Wowwiki)

As to why there were Draenei on Draenor before The Shattering (actually, before The First War as The Shattering had nothing to do with Draeneis whatsoever), why the Orcs tried to anihilate their entire race and why they fled Argus I suggest reading the book Warcraft - Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden.
    Last edited by Ideon; 2013-12-12 at 12:02 AM.
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    The only problem with necrophilia is knowing when to either put them back in the freezer to keep them fresh or go dig up a new one.

The Draenei left Argus about 25,000 years ago. Going through multiple planets, they finally somehow crash landed on Draenor, in what became known to the orcs as Oshu'gun. Stuck there,they finally settled down.

Kil'jaedan found them, decided to use the orcs instead of a normal invasion, all that shit happens, and then Draenor is ripped apart. A'dal shows up with the Sha'tar in Tempest Keep and depart for various parts to clean up the place, leaving K'ure behind. Velen is like, "fuck this shit" and takes the survivors with him to the Exodar, hijacking it back from Kael'thas and the Sunfury and crash landing (again; they seem to do that a lot) on Azeroth.

Yes! But I don't understand why there isn't tempest keep in draenor? How did those draenei come to draenor who now live in Karabor then? Oh maan I'm so confused by all this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    A'dal shows up with the Sha'tar in Tempest Keep and depart for various parts to clean up the place, leaving K'ure behind. Velen is like, "fuck this shit" and takes the survivors with him to the Exodar, hijacking it back from Kael'thas and the Sunfury and crash landing (again; they seem to do that a lot) on Azeroth.
    Ahh yes thank you!

I have always been bad with draenei lore :s

We might see Oshu'gun. That's the ship the Draenei originally arrived in.

It's confusing, but I think they fled Argus in a ship that crashlanded into Draenor (eventually), becoming Oshu'gun mountain. Thousands of years later Tempest Keep (a Naaru dimension ship) arrives, Kael'thas' Blood Elves attack and capture it. Velen and a lot of Draenei manage to seize control of the Exodar wing and escape Outland. They wind up crashing again, on Azeroth.

They really need to work on their landings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I'd love to be able to give more attention to the Exodar and Darnassus, but they are in the middle of nowhere, sucks that people don't/can't use them.

Stormwind is so bland, I always go Ironforge instead, much nicer.

You should visit Dalaran sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

They really need to work on their landings.
    I don't know why Oshu'gun crashed, but Exodar crashed because of blood elves sabotage

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why Oshu'gun crashed, but Exodar crashed because of blood elves sabotage
    Noone knows why it crashed. Maybe Naaru are just bad intergalactic spaceship drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideon View Post
    Noone knows why it crashed. Maybe Naaru are just bad intergalactic spaceship drivers.
    Intergalactic DUIs being handed out tonight.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wouldn't be shocked if they come up with a reason to bring it in. 6.1 is the plains of farahalon after all (Netherstorm).

you know that big giant mountain of diamond in nagrand? thats the ship the draenei crashed when they came to draenor they had 2 naaru with them.

the rest of the naaru/their ship came afterwards
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Oshu'gun crashed because K'ure got sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oshu'gun crashed because K'ure got sick.
    Wasn't that after the crash?

Wasn't that after the crash?
    No, it was the cause of the crash. D'ore went into void state because of the crash, that might be what you're thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Tempest Keep only arrived there after the shattering, so I guess we won't.
    All of the ships with Tempest Keep--correct me if I'm wrong--have the technology to warp like we do through mage portals and the Dark Portal by voyaging through the Dark Beyond. 1) If that's the case, 2) if the Draenei are a major focal point of lore in WoD (they seem to be the Alliance story response to the Orcs), and 3) if the Exodar is technically repaired and just waiting to be shown as such ingame, then we have all the elements to properly set up "our" Exodar as a place to visit at some point during the lifetime of WoD (maybe in a content patch).

While the above seems logical to me, there is one caveat: we were told at BlizzCon that we wouldn't see space ships in WoD. Dunno if that includes the Draenei capital--it's technically a ship, but it's also a city. A major city very related to one of the two prominent races in the expansion.