Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Is it ever okay for a girl to slap a guy on the ass when she doesn't even know him?

So I witnessed something at school today. A guy was standing in line at the cafeteria and then all of a sudden a bunch of girls came over and started flirting with him. It looked like he wasn't in the mood so he didn't really flirt back in anyway. At one point, one of the girls slapped him on the ass, he turned around with a shocked look on his face. He told them to leave him alone but they apparently didn't think he was being serious. After all, why would a guy reject 3 attractive girls who obviously want him? Well, the same girl who slapped him the first time went ahead and slapped him on the ass again. This time he went apeshit and started yelling at them, calling them perverts and freaks. He made the point that they were violating his personal space and told them to get lost. Well after that, they got a little scared and simply backed off. Alot of people in the cafeteria were staring at him after that outburst. It was quite a scene.

I overheard some guys behind me talking amongst themselves about what had happened. One guy said "oh he must be a fag, those girls were hot!" (homophobia is quite rampant at my school). I also heard someone else talk about how he was a douche for getting so mad, it was just harmless fun. I was dumbfounded by these statements. I mean if this were a group of guys who slapped some random girl on the ass, no one would be criticizing the girl for getting upset. Instead everyone would have been furious at the guys and even going as far as to attack them for trying to sexually harass someone.

What do you think? Was this really just a case of "harmless fun"? Did the guy overreact or was he justified in getting angry?

Oh and I am pretty sure that the guy wasn't familiar with any of the girls in the group as he said "who are you?" several times.

It isn't okay for us to do it to them, it's not okay for them to do it to us. He should have screamed rape. That would have got the message across. Of course the awkwardness also probably would have made Buddha uncomfortable.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like it would be consider sexual harassment; the girls were in the wrong, no doubt.

It's what the modern world calls gender equality. It's fine for a girl to do that, but not for a guy. That would be sexual harassment.

There's no denying a huge double standard exists, but that doesn't make it right.

"Just because everybody says it's right, everybody does it and everybody agrees, don't make it right." - Mark Twain

I think there is a certain degree of expected personal space no matter what the context. I know I sure as hell wouldn't expect it to turn out well if I walked up and started touching a strangers butt.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a girl I was in a relationship did it, I wouldn't care. Otherwise some random girl might make it awkward.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Homosexual or not, he asked them not to do it, They continued.
    if the roles where reversed then it would be a case of sexual harassment, and if it happened at a place of work then there would no doubt be a massive law suit over it.

There is no doubt that they where in the wrong, Doesn't matter your sexual orientation or Gender, Stop and No still mean the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a dude do it to me in south beach, which I figured was par for the course. I didn't have a problem with it... Has served as a nice anecdote for years now...

But, in your case. From it being persistent, I don't think the goal was flirting, but pestering. You are in high school... Enjoy...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Only difference is most men won't scream about it...well this guy obviously did...

like the other thread though, apparently this kind of thing is impossible to happen to men...lulz
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Can we just merge this with the other thread since they'll be about the same thing ("feminism") before the end of the first page anyways?

But of course those girls were wrong.
    To be honest, I wasn't really thinking about feminism when I made this thread. But any true feminist who wants gender equality should agree with the statement that a girl slapping a guy on the ass should be considered just as wrong as a guy slapping a girl on the ass.

No it is not. It isn't even right, to just randomly touch other persons. Even if it is just their arm... Such a silly question.

Why do people have, to create out of every most minor incident, which could be related to gender, a "MRA feels discriminated" discussion?
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-12-12 at 01:03 AM.

not even a page into it and we've got an MRA mention already...that was quick

so he's a possible homosexual because he didn't want his ass slapped by some girl? wat

maybe he already has a girlfriend? who knows.

i really dont mind women slapping my ass

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    so he's a possible homosexual because he didn't want his ass slapped by some girl? wat

maybe he already has a girlfriend? who knows.
    I'm assuming high school and going to go with it was some trio of "OMGBFF Jill's" just fucking with him to be little bitches.

Something similar to this happened to me when I was in middle school. I am a quiet, reserved person and was the same as a child and it made me very uncomfortable. Everyone (including the teacher) seemed to think it was no big deal and that I should be thrilled some girl was showing interest in me. I got called a fag and a queer for weeks after that. There is definitely a double standard, but the fault lies with both genders in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    not even a page into it and we've got an MRA mention already...that was quick
    Well such a topic really asks for that... Is MRA now mmo-champions "Godwin's"?

And how is it feminists fault, if some guys! complain, that he got angry? I don't get it.-.-

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't okay..
    And it does seem as if the guy had a bad day.
    I would've reacted the same if I had just spilled coffee in my crotch, got billed or if my gf was watching
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Well such a topic really asks for that... Is MRA now mmo-champions "Godwin's"?
    I'm just not sure where you decided it had anything to do with this at all...