Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    What part of paying for a little fire cat or bat mount is winning?!?! Please explain this to me.....Blizz isn't letting us buy Heroic SoO kills or 2200 arena ratings. Seriously man, calm the heck down. These are OPTIONAL vanity items. You are not being forced to buy these in order to play the game or even do well in the game. Some people....
    Everything is optional, there's no way to "win". Some people don't give a damn about raids or PvP, and spend their whole time in game farming pets or mounts or achievements. To their view of the game, paid pets / mounts can be seen as "pay 2 win", especially pet since pet fights, but also mounts for achievements.

For some people, having a store pet with strong stats is the same as a store selling heroic SoO gear for others.

Deleted
    How does Blizzard get away with having a shop AND a subscription AND expansion box costs??

On my realm you can buy nearly everything anyway, just not from Blizzard. It's pathetic. Just play the game and have fun and stop worrying about what other people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    **The Enchanted Fey Dragon mount, Alterac Brew Pup pet, and Blossoming Ancient pet are not available at a discounted price. In addition, Charity Bundle pricing is not available within the in-game Blizzard Shop.
    Sneaky goblins, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captiosus View Post
    This shop button needs to go. I'd expect this kind of fourth-wall shattering garbage menu in a struggling free-to-play title which warrants the convenience of having players (and their wallets) engaged within the game at all times.

In Warcraft? No. The online webshop has functioned well enough for years and the launcher and official webpage has advertised whenever new pets and mounts are available. The online webshop can continue to be used for consumable when/if they add them, as well.

When/if Warcraft goes F2P, they can force a Paragon Market or Cartel Market or whatever they want to call it in front of everyone's face as much as they want. So long as it has a subscription fee, this button should either not exist or players should have the option to turn it the hell off without having to resort to a completely modified UI package.
    Go to Parental Controls on the battle.net account settings and disable it. It turns the button a very dark gray, so it's not nearly as noticeable. Except for the habit of going there for the Support button and being reminded it got moved. It's not anywhere as good as not having it there, but it helps Aliok somewhat.

On the whole, I do support your position on the matter.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    That Raid Browser feature...

Wasn't something like that already in Wow before the implementaion of Dungeon Finder? And then it got removed? And I remeber nobody was using it back then... so why would people be using it right now?

Deleted
    why is raid browser addon tracking lfr boss kills instead of flex kills?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualther View Post
    That Raid Browser feature...

Wasn't something like that already in Wow before the implementaion of Dungeon Finder? And then it got removed? And I remeber nobody was using it back then... so why would people be using it right now?
    Not cross-realm. Cross realm is a night and day difference since it allows for a lot more people connect and group up instead of just on your realm. People did use the raid browser back in the day, but being limited to your realm only had it's drawbacks and sometimes you'd find yourself listed for hours, it became quicker to find a group in general and trade chat, especially for things like the daily dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    why is raid browser addon tracking lfr boss kills instead of flex kills?
    That is the data provided by the API. Nothing that can be done about it without making another addon to communicate that information.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should break that addon. All it is gonna do is gonna encourage douche baggery

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    They should break that addon. All it is gonna do is gonna encourage douche baggery
    I like what Blizzard is doing with this tool.... but they are basically merging LFR into flex-modes. In my opinion.. oqueue and LFR are about equal, but the groups I get with OpenRaid are far superior... the reason being... player feedback and history. Oqueue and LFR are anonymous.

I think this new tool is going to have a lot of problems like LFR has... and probably more. Not only are you going to have to deal with a lot of people putting in minimal effort, which will be kicked/replaced.. but you are also probably now going to have deal with Nazi leaders. ´ok, bottom 3 dps are getting booted and replaced´.. even if you have cleared the boss. I can´t tell you how many times someone started ranting and initating vote kicks because some random threshold wasn´t reached despite the fact that bosses were dying easily.

I am going to ignore it and just keep using openraid for anything except world bosses.

no XP boost though, very miffed about that, but i did get the bat for half off which is cool, still . . no . . xp boost . .

i bet this is where the "character to 90" will be , i would put money that they are considering a $10 fee to upgrade a character to 90 , i know they are, they are loosing subs fast, and they have just shown some very vague screens as far as "whats next" i was a little mad watching blizzcon and being like . . ""i dont get what this is about at all, going back in time? to do something already done to experience it? " so I wana be blown away, because i really liked pada land , and i know if they want new subs they need to get more than just one "upgrade to 90" deal going
    Last edited by buddah13; 2013-12-12 at 02:42 AM.

Why did it take wow so long to make OQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    Why did it take wow so long to make OQ?
    Because they want to do it right...plus I doubt they foresaw the huge explosion in crossrealm pugging that flex heralded. Oqueue is basically just a clever use of the battletag system, which wasn't exactly designed with this purpose in mind, meaning there are going to be inherent limitations to its functionality. The group finder tool on the other hand is built from the ground up for the purpose of, well, finding groups. I'm actually curious as to whether the author of oqueue will rewrite his addon to make use of the new features. It seems a lot more elegant than having to mess with the battletag system
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    i dont get why ppl complain over ingame store or a store at all, ive played since vanilla and since tbc i have been forcing myself to level to max level.

It was a fucking pain and boring as hell, since i know items have 0 value when levling and i just want endgame mechancis and encounters.

they should added a 5-10 dollar fee to get an instant max level but make a tutorial for ppl , like 10 quests to do Before you can enter any raid or dungeon on how mechanics works for pvp and pve questing and Everything then you can do a dungeon after completed 5 dungeons on normal you can do 5 hc then you can do lfr and then you can do whatever you so choose.

Since u need to gear up anyway for raiding this is a good way to do it.

experienced players sure wouldnt like it as much but it would still be a gearup for raids and such, allthou now exists timeless so this kinda goes against it but like Before we had wotlk dungeon hc for gear up anyway. and steamrolling thru 5 dungeons takes approxx 10-15 min a run.

wich wouldnt be to much, plus maybe you find some transmog gear and such.

Well yeah now im just ranting but you get the Point levling is tedious, and ofc buy level to max level should be locked for a week or two at the expansion release.

and mounts and bags that is souldbound should be able to buy and, mountspeed maybe i dont know.

but anyway things that dont effect economy.

or gives huge advantages and also Money aint a problem for raiding Guilds hell in vanilla tbc even hardcore Guilds bought and got gold from fanboys on the server, how is this fair then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
    This development will impact everyones playstyle over time! You guys are like oh it doesnt matter to me right now as I don't need these pets, or like I am not forced to buy them so don't bother me.

But you will be affected over time! Its start with pets and goes to other parts of the game aswell.
    There is no reason to assume its crossing over to areas that affect players that ignore the store, its been possible to buy stuf for years now and there are no items that give you an advantage ingame towards other players or content, nor is there any reason to make farfetching assumptions like you are doing.
    This is a game about fun, there is nothing to reach nothing to achieve that will leave an impact on you or anyones live beyond that what you want it to have.
    There are people in this game who define the fun aspect of this game as collecting all mounts and pets. Those people are severely punished as they can't achieve their own set goal in the game without paying extra.
    These players are already at an disadvantage. Whos to say its not going to affect what you define as fun in this game?
    Collecting all mounts and pets is not a core part of the game, you can still collect an huge amount of pets and mounts ingame.
    Please stop buying this. Please stop anyone else buying this. This is going to ruin the whole industry in the long run. You think I am exaggerating? look around! Look at the examples I stated above. =/

Its so horrible.

Please stop thinking only about yourselfs...
    Please start thinking what your actions might to do you in the long run and to others.
    You didnt really give any proper examples, as long as there are no game-breaking additions to the store nobody cares (and blizzard knows that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I like what Blizzard is doing with this tool.... but they are basically merging LFR into flex-modes. In my opinion.. oqueue and LFR are about equal, but the groups I get with OpenRaid are far superior... the reason being... player feedback and history. Oqueue and LFR are anonymous.

I think this new tool is going to have a lot of problems like LFR has... and probably more. Not only are you going to have to deal with a lot of people putting in minimal effort, which will be kicked/replaced.. but you are also probably now going to have deal with Nazi leaders. ´ok, bottom 3 dps are getting booted and replaced´.. even if you have cleared the boss. I can´t tell you how many times someone started ranting and initating vote kicks because some random threshold wasn´t reached despite the fact that bosses were dying easily.

I am going to ignore it and just keep using openraid for anything except world bosses.
    I mean the addon part to show ilvl etc

Deleted
    why are people qq about ingame shop...its have been a shop outside the game for years, some people is kinda stupid

Deleted
    As an EU player I think the cross realm flex may be a litle too cross realm it isn´t realy fun two end up with two russian tanks that don´t speak english at all

its not p2w shop...