Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the theme that' s a perfect valid opinion.

However the entirety of WC even in it's most 'serious' times is filled with satire and dry humor and corny jokes.

Deleted
    I feel that the OP is talking lorewise.
    If this is true i say that the OP is corrent and not correct at the same time.
    He is correct about the comedie that is called Jade Forest (the first half of it) and Vale of Four Winds. The quests, the theme and vibe were notin the WoW style. Some quests are indeed comedic, not fun, comedic or tragic.
    But he is incorrect too. Second half in Jade forest quests, aka the questchain witch end with the Sha and especialy Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes was totaly in WoW style. Both epic and dark stories. Especialy Townlong and the Shado-Pan chain. That was fucking epic. It really felt like a real war effort against the yangools and the mantid. And Dread Wastes well i litteraly hate it but not because its stupid or something like that - i hate it because its too dark for my taste both story and atmosphere.
    However i liked Valey of Four Winds. It offered a slice of the everyday life of the farmer, witch was somewhat refreshing from all that "fight the big bad and his minions" deal.

But overall i think MoP was very good expansion both lore and raid wise. To the very least way way better than Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Sounds like you would be better off playing the now dying Warhammer MMORPG. God if ever there was a universe that called out for a successful MMORPG its the Warhammer 40K universe, and the one coming out sounds more like Planetside with space marheens.
    I dream of a warhammer 40k mmo. The one that was in production has been called off hasn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I dream of a warhammer 40k mmo. The one that was in production has been called off hasn't it?
    Yeah it was killed when THQ collapsed into a screaming thrashing and bloody mess although there is a new one

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/

but from the sounds of it, the game will be more like Planetside rather than a MMO RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post

After running SoO a billion times and hearing the same poorly written corny lines from Sylvanas to Lor'Themar or the Paragons or pretty much every other boss, I want to rip my eyes and ears out.

Well I saw that coming a mile away. I cancelled as soon as garrosh normal was down. I mean seriously - 7+ months of clearing this w/o any patches or any new content? So, before I came to hate WoW - I cancelled and am looking forward to WoD to come back and play somemore in azeroth.

As too the sillyness or childishness of MoP, this is a game after all. Games aren't meant to be taken too seriously and here I think they just remembered that and made a funny xpac. It's no big deal, but make sure you walk away before you tear your ears and eyes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Why isn't the alliance conquering orgrimmar and capping up decades of warfare? Afterall orcs were a massive bulk of the horde's forces.
    And how will tensions between horde and alliance rise again? they really did leave in good terms, since you know, varian could have simply destroyed everything?
    Extremely poor writing. At times seemed improvised.
    Another guy which use "poor writing" for say "I didn't like it". But I guess that using the first statement turn the opinion in fact, and so you look smarter.

Well, the reason is dramatically simple: the Alliance went there for remove a threat, Garrosh and his grasp over the Horde was the threat, and they arrested Garrosh and killed (probably) all his loyalists, and the Horde rebellion had a big role aswell in achieving that. The rest would have been pointless fighting for satisfy grudge and vengeance, and throw away lives just for that is not so convinient.

But if we look at it in a deeper way, the reasons for which Varian didn't destroy or conquered everything are two:

1) Conquering Orgrimmar would have required further bloodshed, it wasn't an easy task, achieviable, but not easy. And then, that would have required much more, because Orgrimmar is the core of the Horde's territory, and if Varian wanted to legitimate his conquest, he had to conquer the Echo Isles and Thunder Bluff aswell, and that would have required a LOT of blood.

Wrathion states that for conquer Thunder Bluff alone would have required a year, and such a siege would have caused heavy casualities; and even if the Alliance went down this bloody path until the end, Varian admitted he had no idea how to contain, control and administrate the conquered territories, and that would have required a draining of money and resources (in a similar way the Alliance of Lordaeron suffered with the internment camps, which brought Lordaeron in not-so-good terms with Dalaran and Quel'Thalas);

2) Since Varian had to prove to be better than Garrosh, going to slaughter and conquer the home of those who opposed Garrosh aswell, despite the risks they faced, and had a role in his defeat as much as the Alliance (in other words, the Alliance alone wouldn't have achieved such a brilliant victory) would have just proved that Nazgrim and people like him had a very good point in not joining the Rebellion and fighting for defend the city. All the shit Varian kept saying during the whole expansion, saying that he would have never "lowered" himself to Garrosh's level, would have sounded like hypocrit fluff.

And beliving that tentions couldn't rise again and that Horde and Alliance left in "good terms" just because Varian didn't destroy the Horde but menaced its leaders of obliteration if they follow the same path of Garrosh is laughable at best. You're clearly confusing the tensions of a cold war with the bloody mess of a total one.

All things considered, I think we don't have a case of "poor writing", but poor reading. If all these things considered you still think is "poor writing" (aka, "I don't like it") well, you have an opinion then.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-12-12 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Yeah it was killed when THQ collapsed into a screaming thrashing and bloody mess although there is a new one

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/

but from the sounds of it, the game will be more like Planetside rather than a MMO RPG.
    I'd be happy even with a single player proper rpg based on such an expansive and infinite universe oh god.

WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.
    Newsflash, WoW was NEVER EVER serious!
    Remember Mario and Luigi and Donkey Kong References in Un'Goro and other vanilla gags?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Another guy which use "poor writing" for say "I didn't like it". But I guess that using the first statement turn the opinion in fact, and so you look smarter.

Well, the reason is dramatically simple: the Alliance went there for remove a threat, Garrosh and his grasp over the Horde was the threat, and they arrested Garrosh and killed (probably) all his loyalists, and the Horde rebellion had a big role aswell in achieving that. The rest would have been pointless fighting for satisfy grudge and vengeance, and throw away lives just for that is not so convinient.
    Stop right here.

Are you saying the Alliance thought it was Garrosh who was a threat and not the Horde themselves? Doesn't that strike you as ...idiotic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Stop right here.

Are you saying the Alliance thought it was Garrosh who was a threat and not the Horde themselves? Doesn't that strike you as ...idiotic?
    Stop right there.

Are we agreeing on this?

Stop right there.

Are we agreeing on this?
    I see a brofist incoming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Newsflash, WoW was NEVER EVER serious!
    Remember Mario and Luigi and Donkey Kong References in Un'Goro and other vanilla gags?
    *looks at gorillas dropping [empty barrel]*

*looks at Harrison jones, goblin starter zone, valley of four winds, stormstout brewery*

Mmmmmmh.....

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone enlighten me please. I fail to see how wow was satire prior to cata... There might have been these jokes around but as a complete satire some has mentioned? I fail to see it.

Stop right there.

Are we agreeing on this?
    On the Alliance story being hollow, idiotic and illogical? Yes, absolutely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    On the Alliance story being hollow, idiotic and illogical? Yes, absolutely.
    *epic brofist*

WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.
    I remember thinking literally the same thing when I first saw the "Gigantique" Bags being sold by Haris Pilton in Shatt, back in the day. Then I realized all of WoW is a big joke, and it was only me who had taken it semi-seriously up until that point.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Someone enlighten me please. I fail to see how wow was satire prior to cata... There might have been these jokes around but as a complete satire some has mentioned? I fail to see it.
    TBC is full of it. Toshleys Station with the full starship trooper crew there as gnomes ? Or Area 51 with the MIB memory erase flash thingies at its doors and the Space-rocket with its pilot singing David Bowies "Major Tom" ?
    Last edited by Yriel; 2013-12-12 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mop was out of place.. and didn't fit at all.

damn i hate those panda
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    I remember thinking literally the same thing when I first saw the "Gigantique" Bags being sold by Haris Pilton in Shatt, back in the day. Then I realized all of WoW is a big joke, and it was only me who had taken it semi-seriously up until that point.
    Cause obviously haris piltons gigantique bag and stormstout brewery can be compared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    TBC is full of it. Toshleys Station with the full starship trooper crew there as gnomes ? Or Area 51 with the memory erase flash thingies at its doors and the Space-rocket with its pilot singing David Bowies "Major Tom" ?
    No you see, tbc is not "full of it", and when there are pop references and silly elements they aren't shoveled down your throat with a 8 ft 2x2.
    Harrison jones in uldum, stormstout brewery, this is not monty phyton's satire. It's a bad joke off an Adam Sandler movie.

*epic brofist*
    I fucking knew it!