Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Male circumcision fails in comparison to what female circumcision is.

Male circumcision is generally done at birth with almost no complications. You don't remember it all. Makes your junk look better and easier to clean. A number of people end up having to get one later in life wishing the had it done as a baby. It akin to getting a baby's ears pierced.

Female circumcision is usually done it a ritualistic and unclean fashion. They do a number of things such as remove the clit, expose it which is very uncomfortable, or they close the girl up so that she can just pee until someone comes along to open her back up. How does any of that even compare to removing extra skin from the penis?

And why is the Internet (mainly reddit) so concerned about other peoples penises? Their only real concern is that they didn't decide for themselves. I personally wouldn't want to be the age where I had to decide for myself and live through the pain of that decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Not the actual comparison in itself, of course they're similar. I'm talking about comparing them in this thread, where I've made no mention of tattooing my child.

Also, I see no disadvantages to it other than the direct harm that I have absolutely no recollection of.

Sorry, that goes out the window to me with the My Little Pony flare on your profile.
    The baby not remembering the pain is not much of an argument. In fact, it's disgusting to argue it.

Also, plenty of disadvantages have been brought up already. Please don't do it for the sake of tradition...

Deleted
    I think there's this false fear that uncircumcison = guaranteed agony as a teen. Most tight foreskin issues can be resolved by manipulation

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I see no disadvantages to it other than the direct harm that I have absolutely no recollection of.
    Who even cares about babies in pain? Fuck that they won't remember it anyway, it's perfectly fine to inflict short term injuries and pain upon infants as long as they don't remember it when they're older!

The fact that you're not the least bit concerned about a human being experiencing severe pain as long as they don't remember it is actually quite disturbing, as is the fact that you're going to be a parent.

Hey, I guess this means that people with Alzheimer's don't need pain killers or treatment when in pain, because the won't remember it either.

Sorry, that goes out the window to me with the My Little Pony flare on your profile.
    I hope your child doesn't grow up liking anything that's not deemed "mature" or whatever problem it is you have with My Little Pony, because you obviously won't be able to take him seriously no matter what he wants to pursue in life. Stop being so judgmental.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-12-12 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Male circumcision is generally done at birth with almost no complications.
    Almost no complications is not as good as no complications.

You don't remember it all. Makes your junk look better and easier to clean.
    Scars look better?

That split second you save pulling your foreskin back will save you almost a minute over the course of a lifetime...

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And why is the Internet (mainly reddit) so concerned about other peoples penises?
    Because certain three-lettered advocates are begging for any "atrocity" to try and validate their cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    The baby not remembering the pain is not much of an argument. In fact, it's disgusting to argue it.

Also, plenty of disadvantages have been brought up already. Please don't do it for the sake of tradition...
    The only disadvantage I've seen brought up is loss of sexual feeling because of it. I have sex just fine with a circumcised penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Who even cares about babies in pain? Fuck that they won't remember it anyway, it's perfectly fine to inflict short term injuries and pain upon infants as long as they don't remember it when they're older!

The fact that you're not the least bit concerned about a human being experiencing severe pain as long as they don't remember it is actually quite disturbing, as is the fact that you're going to be a parent.
    Good god, cut back on the dramatics kid.
    Last edited by Voolawl; 2013-12-12 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think there's this false fear that uncircumcison = guaranteed agony as a teen. Most tight foreskin issues can be resolved by manipulation
    Most male teenagers will spend a lot of time manipulating it, regardless of any health benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Works both ways. As many uncut people on here seem to think losing your foreskin is as devastating as losing a finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Works both ways. As many uncut people on here seem to think losing your foreskin is as devastating as losing a finger.
    Make that as devastating as losing a clitoris.

Whoever said the crap about sexual pleasure is full of it.

I had mine removed for medical reasons and I don't notice any difference in my sexual pleasure before or after. And the women seem to like it more too.

Before, the amount of comments that I would have the first time with a woman was ridiculous. Now they never mention the look of it and are usually much more up for BJs.

I don't really care what people do to their children regarding that because honestly it doesn't make much of a difference. I've never known a circumsized guy to be really upset about it, or even remotely care. It's not even in the same league as female circumcision. If they were cutting off the head of the penis, THEN it would be. But that's not what they're doing. They're removing a bit of skin.

Source: Me, who had his foreskin till he was 23.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    We're saying it's unnecessarily surgery

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this is really a thread.... Circumcision is credited with saving lives millennia ago, that is why societies that developed around sandy areas generally developed this ritual. The ritual needs a reason so they accredit it to some diety, hence it becomes part of a religion. I'm not Jewish but I am circumcised. Every man thinks different of their penis, and every women thinks different of how a penis looks. If you think about it, genitalia looks pretty damn weird, no matter what you do to it.

I'll have my children circumcised because then its over and done with, they wont' remember the "trauma", and they won't have to go through it later in life when they will. Plus most women I've been with have said they have preferred cut to uncut, many said the uncut would pull or pinch.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because certain three-lettered advocates are begging for any "atrocity" to try and validate their cause.
    You're really projecting here

Most of us in this thread care equally about males and females.

I know that the female version does more damage and noted as much in the OP. I just don't see the moral difference between the two as they're both forcefully inflicted on infants often for bullshit reasons like religion and tradition and don't provide any meaningful health benefits.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

because there is only one reason for female circumcision... to remove most pleasure from the act of intercourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Make that as devastating as losing a clitoris.
    Female "circumcision" in male form would be cutting off the entire junk and using a strap-on when you want to fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    You're really projecting here
    Yeah no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Whoever said the crap about sexual pleasure is full of it.

I had mine removed for medical reasons and I don't notice any difference in my sexual pleasure before or after. And the women seem to like it more too.

Before, the amount of comments that I would have the first time with a woman was ridiculous. Now they never mention the look of it and are usually much more up for BJs.

I don't really care what people do to their children regarding that because honestly it doesn't make much of a difference. I've never known a circumsized guy to be really upset about it, or even remotely care. It's not even in the same league as female circumcision. If they were cutting off the head of the penis, THEN it would be. But that's not what they're doing. They're removing a bit of skin.

Source: Me, who had his foreskin till he was 23.
    In fairness tight foreskins are hideous

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    I had it done for medical reasons, as in; it was either that or extreme pain all the time. Is that ok in your opinion then?
    Generally speaking:

Unneeded surgeries should be avoided. In your case, it was probably needed.

You don't get your appendix removed until you get appendicitis, tonsils until tonsillitis, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I can't believe this is really a thread.... Circumcision is credited with saving lives millennia ago, that is why societies that developed around sandy areas generally developed this ritual. The ritual needs a reason so they accredit it to some diety, hence it becomes part of a religion. I'm not Jewish but I am circumcised. Every man thinks different of their penis, and every women thinks different of how a penis looks. If you think about it, genitalia looks pretty damn weird, no matter what you do to it.

I'll have my children circumcised because then its over and done with, they wont' remember the "trauma", and they won't have to go through it later in life when they will. Plus most women I've been with have said they have preferred cut to uncut, many said the uncut would pull or pinch.
    Again what makes you think they will need it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    because there is only one reason for female circumcision... to remove most pleasure from the act of intercourse.
    That was also the purported reason for male circumcision.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters