Poll: Do you frequently tab out the game/go afk during a flight path?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I afk or tab out the game.

Although, I don't tab out. Dual monitors bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yes, I afk or tab out the game.

Although, I don't tab out. Dual monitors bud.
    With only one, it's hard to get stuff done /
    When you get two, there's so much you can do /
    But with three, that's when you're truly free
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

I use the time to take a break. If I don't want to take a break I just use my own mounts and go as the crow flies. If I do want to take a break I hop on a flight path, taking satisfaction in the fact that something is getting done while I'm not there.

Deleted
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, it mostly depends on how far I fly. No vote option for me :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Gnairk View Post
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, it mostly depends on how far I fly. No vote option for me :-(
    I believe that counts as 'I do' as you either do it or you don't do it. You may not always do it but you have done it, its not like you refuse to do it or you enjoy it so much that you feel compelled to pay attention while riding your flight point. You are over thinking this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only use flight paths when I have something I need to do inventory wise, like sorting or making an item set, arranging a new skillbar; you know, menu things. So in essence I am always there while on a flight path.

Yes, I tab out and take a break. Emphasis for a very good reason.

There's a few studies that show you need breaks in gaming to fully appreciate what you're doing. If there's downtime, then the 'uptime' seems more fun in comparison. If it's all constantly uptime, constant fighting and playing the game, you actually have a lot less fun overall.

This is also why in D3, Blizzard originally had the auto-disenchant box thing so you didn't have to go back to town to vendor/disenchant your gear. This meant a lot more time playing the game... but Blizzard found people weren't having as much fun. So they designed in the break, got rid of the box, and suddenly D3 felt more fun.

It's a similar psychological trick with story-telling, movies, etc.: you need breaks, downtime, to make the rest of the story seem much more exciting/interesting in comparison.

So yes, flight paths are boring and I AFK away. That doesn't mean they don't serve a useful purpose, and I'm glad we have them (and are getting rid of flying mounts too, if only for a short while).
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-12-13 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I believe that counts as 'I do' as you either do it or you don't do it. You may not always do it but you have done it, its not like you refuse to do it or you enjoy it so much that you feel compelled to pay attention while riding your flight point. You are over thinking this one.
    ...or perhaps you are, trying to rationalize a middle-ground answer into either response of a dichotomous question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    ...or perhaps you are, trying to rationalize a middle-ground answer into either response of a dichotomous question.
    Really? Are we going to argue over what the meaning of 'is' is? Whats so friggen hard to comprehend about 'do you do this?' Either you do or you don't, there is no need for 100 different % poll answers so that everyone can be covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I actually prefer auto pilot gryphons over flying mounts for that reason.
    Also saves people from Fatigue deaths xD

@ OP- I'd say a bit of both.

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

10+ Year Old Account
    When ever i take a flight path i just AFK for 5mins or so, it's so boring just watching my character take a long route to the destination.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like taking the bus... you just sit there and find something to do to pass the time. In this case you can get up and get some food or something which is nice.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

I don't use flight paths. I need to do all the flying I can possibly do so that I'm sick of it when WoD hits.

But more seriously, I usually tab out or do something such as go to the bathroom. If I'm leveling a character, I might take a peak at my quest log to see what needs to be done, but that's about it.

It depends. I mostly go through AtlasLoot and plan out which dungeons to run for gear upgrades or Transmog, but it's also a good time to use the bathroom, grab a snack or drink or whatever. Regardless, I never just sit there and stare at my character.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Either you do or you don't
    Sounds like a false dichotomy.

I tend to stick around, I will occasionally go afk but only if I'm on my way to Silithus from SW or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    I also havnt purchased The flying skill to fly in padaria partly because I havnt found the vendor and because I don't like pandari or this expansion and don't currently have a subscription.
    The vendor is literally in your Shrine in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It's literally right next to the flight path. You could probably interact with the mob while standing at the flight path. It's riding a big green flying dragon. facepalm