Page 1 of 3
LastLast

569 and i feel i should be doing more...

hello all, I cant post links to my logs on these forums yet due to my lack of posts or whatever, but my guild is currently 5/14 heroic and I feel I hear everywhere how OP destruction warlocks are right now, but I just don't feel it. im not sure what im doing wrong. im using havoc at every opportunity, timing it out w/ shadowburn when I can, but the feeling of being just a dps monster isn't there. and any fight where I have to move gimps the hell out of me. anyone that could help me to post my logs on here and help me pump out better numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyehscizorme View Post
    hello all, I cant post links to my logs on these forums yet due to my lack of posts or whatever, but my guild is currently 5/14 heroic and I feel I hear everywhere how OP destruction warlocks are right now, but I just don't feel it. im not sure what im doing wrong. im using havoc at every opportunity, timing it out w/ shadowburn when I can, but the feeling of being just a dps monster isn't there. and any fight where I have to move gimps the hell out of me. anyone that could help me to post my logs on here and help me pump out better numbers would be greatly appreciated.

What are you using to track your Int Procs?

and any fight where I have to move gimps the hell out of me
    That doesn't sound right, are you not using Kil'jaeden's Cunning?

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    What are you using to track your Int Procs?
    I set up weak auras for everything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    That doesn't sound right, are you not using Kil'jaeden's Cunning?
    since they patched everything out w/ kil'jaeden's cunning and you can only use immolate with it I've found it pretty lackluster, especially with the buff to fel flame. the main part that always kills me is like on heroic iron jug when bore drill comes out I always manage to be halfway through a chaos bolt cast when it hits me and I have to move or I die.

10+ Year Old Account
    since they patched everything out w/ kil'jaeden's cunning and you can only use immolate with it I've found it pretty lackluster, especially with the buff to fel flame. the main part that always kills me is like on heroic iron jug when bore drill comes out I always manage to be halfway through a chaos bolt cast when it hits me and I have to move or I die.
    KJC effects incinerate not immolate. Could be your problem.

I set up weak auras for everything

- - - Updated - - -

I use KJC for every fight except Thok and I'm usually #1 on the meters in my 9/14h guild. I'm at 568 ilvl. KJC is still an incredibly good talent.

We're going to need your logs to have any idea what's going on here. What server are you on and what is your guild/character names?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I use KJC for every fight except Thok and I'm usually #1 on the meters in my 9/14h guild. I'm at 568 ilvl. KJC is still an incredibly good talent.

We're going to need your logs to have any idea what's going on here. What server are you on and what is your guild/character names?
    im on Area 52, my guild is Nox Aeterna, and my toons name is Oyehscizorme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    KJC effects incinerate not immolate. Could be your problem.
    lol that's what I meant. im retarded.

Deleted
    Korean or Chinese realm?

Are you optimizing your 2 piece and 4 pc? And if you're 569.. you shouldnt be FULL destro, you should be affliction for some fights if you indeed care to crank out more dps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cizorme/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/290832/

For anyone that wants to help OP out.

OP: Only thing I notice, at a quick glance, is that you have about 8k haste that could/should be reforged into crit. I can understand wanting haste for your affliction spec, but that only gets use on, what, Fallen Protectors? If someone in your raid has a reforge mount, you can reforge specifically for that fight. You don't want that haste for your destruction spec and it is costing you a significant amount of DPS. Some people might argue this, especially for the later fights, but when it comes to the heroics that you're working on, haste is worthless for destruction.

Also, you're 3% over the hit cap.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-12-13 at 06:03 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    Are you optimizing your 2 piece and 4 pc? And if you're 569.. you shouldnt be FULL destro, you should be affliction for some fights if you indeed care to crank out more dps.
    2 piece destro is shit and I haven't been able to get my 4 pc. and im affliction for protectors, and will probably switch it up as needed for different heroic fights.

Ah, well there's an issue. You need your 4pc... it's a pretty huge increase, especially when you're able to work it in with other procs. I don't suggest affliction for any fight other than Protectors, btw, especially if you're comfortable with destro. It used to be far ahead, but now it's more or less equal.

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and suggest you head over to Icy-veins.com and check out the warlock forum. There's a lot of expert advice over there.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-12-13 at 06:08 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

[QUOTE=Belloc;24250941

For anyone that wants to help OP out.

OP: Only thing I notice, at a quick glance, is that you have about 8k haste that could/should be reforged into crit. I can understand wanting haste for your affliction spec, but that only gets use on, what, Fallen Protectors? If someone in your raid has a reforge mount, you can reforge specifically for that fight. You don't want that haste for your destruction spec and it is costing you a significant amount of DPS.

Also, you're 3% over the hit cap.[/QUOTE]

I've been told that it's a matter of preference when it comes to haste vs crit, but if that's the case then i could easily do that, and im reforged out of as much hit as i can, need to do some regemming i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, well there's an issue. You need your 4pc... it's a pretty huge increase, especially when you're able to work it in with other procs. I don't suggest affliction for any fight other than Protectors, btw, especially if you're comfortable with destro. It used to be far ahead, but now it's more or less equal.
    yeah I've been trying but the 4th piece has just eluded the hell out of me. i know i need the 4 pc because its freaking crazy op.

When it comes to haste, it can be a matter of preference... but, honestly, crit feels better to me. Haste gains value on certain fights when it allows you to get casts off that certain abilities might screw you over on, but there isn't all that much of that in the first 8 fights. The way I understand it, if you're going to use haste, it's probably going to be on the later fights.

If nothing else, reforge out of haste for a raid and see how it feels. You may find that you perform better with haste.

Anyway, once you get that 4pc, you'll start feeling more powerful... especially if you can get the hang of pre-casting Chaos Bolts when you know a proc is going to happen.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-12-13 at 06:14 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I can understand where your coming from OP those logs look all wrong frost DK out dpsing you on protectors in affliction lol I jest. Obviously you've been unlucky and the loot you've gotten isn't of the best itemization as someone above said having too much hit never good.. I too had this problem for the longest time but getting 4 piece is crucial in Destro. Im still a firm believer of haste over crit as i main affli (and go for 13737bp with 2set) i can switch to Destro with 4 set and hit the 10437bp (10124bp gets you 2 extra tick but the 10424bp gets you 4 extra ticks with meta gem proc). One of the key things that i found were dragging my dps down with Destro when i picked up up post UVLS nerf was i was sitting on 2 stacks of conflags continuously it is so important to use it on cd or before it reaches 2 stacks, that and keeping a high uptime of immo looking through you logs you have low uptime try increase that you'll notice more embers 1st off plus people forget the actually potency of immolate its a really strong dot, and obviously casting off your cheebs when you have plenty of procs up. Once you get 4pc as well get used to the fact that incinerate has a long travel time after cast and get one of Woz's weak auras that tracks the 4pc proc along with its 10-15 ICD so you know when it'll proc or not.

Also see that your not exactly always using havoc that much 4 times on spoils along with only 1 Fire and brimstone little things like I understand spoils for you is a bit of a farm fight on normal but stay fresh get used to using your arsenal of tools on that fight.. Destro is just too OP on that fight havoc boss chain SB everything!!!! FnB immos and incins... On your Norushen HC kills only 5 conflags so I can see you were doing what I was doing but not using doomguard is punishable by death! never forget your doom guard.

But to put your doubts to bed.. yes you should be doing more... shape up!
    (one thing I found was to fraps a few of our kills/attempts when I was trailing Destro on fights over Affli and found once I watched it back I could see what I was doing wrong and that I could have done something else there of watched conflag stacks and immo uptime I found out my flaws and worked on them because I noticed them myself... safe to say I never posted said videos cause I sucked balls at destro when I started but I'd suggest it)
    Last edited by mmocec5b9995de; 2013-12-13 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swo View Post
    I can understand where your coming from OP those logs look all wrong frost DK out dpsing you on protectors in affliction lol I jest. Obviously you've been unlucky and the loot you've gotten isn't of the best itemization as someone above said having too much hit never good.. I too had this problem for the longest time but getting 4 piece is crucial in Destro. Im still a firm believer of haste over crit as i main affli (and go for 13737bp with 2set) i can switch to Destro with 4 set and hit the 10437bp (10124bp gets you 2 extra tick but the 10424bp gets you 4 extra ticks with meta gem proc). One of the key things that i found were dragging my dps down with Destro when i picked up up post UVLS nerf was i was sitting on 2 stacks of conflags continuously it is so important to use it on cd or before it reaches 2 stacks, that and keeping a high uptime of immo looking through you logs you have low uptime try increase that you'll notice more embers 1st off plus people forget the actually potency of immolate its a really strong dot, and obviously casting off your cheebs when you have plenty of procs up. Once you get 4pc as well get used to the fact that incinerate has a long travel time after cast and get one of Woz's weak auras that tracks the 4pc proc along with its 10-15 ICD so you know when it'll proc or not.

Also see that your not exactly always using havoc that much 4 times on spoils along with only 1 Fire and brimstone little things like I understand spoils for you is a bit of a farm fight on normal but stay fresh get used to using your arsenal of tools on that fight.. Destro is just too OP on that fight havoc boss chain SB everything!!!! FnB immos and incins... On your Norushen HC kills only 5 conflags so I can see you were doing what I was doing but not using doomguard is punishable by death! never forget your doom guard.

But to put your doubts to bed.. yes you should be doing more... shape up!
    (one thing I found was to fraps a few of our kills/attempts when I was trailing Destro on fights over Affli and found once I watched it back I could see what I was doing wrong and that I could have done something else there of watched conflag stacks and immo uptime I found out my flaws and worked on them because I noticed them myself... safe to say I never posted said videos cause I sucked balls at destro when I started but I'd suggest it)
    for norushen the numbers are all messed up because im not the one posting the logs. but yes i should be hung for not using DG lol. and on spoils shit dies so fast i don't have time to havoc/SB and we kill one box before we open another so im losing embers when i FnB, but i see where you're coming from with that. thanks for the notes i'll be working on all that

Deleted
    Yeah clearing normal when your raid has any amount of heroic gear is just a ball ache.. logs drop to 4min fights, 3 mins fights, 2mins fights.. so boring... But if your doing spoils and its a piece of piss you should be chain pulling boxes and be in FnB the entire fight...worst experience when it came to trying to SB ads was coin that 25warlocks vs ToT... 6 affli locks 18destro locks and 1 demo (must have been lost) 18 guys all spamming mouseover macro SBs or tab target SBs... pretty god damn funny
    Last edited by mmocec5b9995de; 2013-12-13 at 08:37 PM.

When it comes to haste, it can be a matter of preference... but, honestly, crit feels better to me. Haste gains value on certain fights when it allows you to get casts off that certain abilities might screw you over on, but there isn't all that much of that in the first 8 fights. The way I understand it, if you're going to use haste, it's probably going to be on the later fights.

If nothing else, reforge out of haste for a raid and see how it feels. You may find that you perform better with haste.

Only thing I notice, at a quick glance, is that you have about 8k haste that could/should be reforged into crit. I can understand wanting haste for your affliction spec, but that only gets use on, what, Fallen Protectors? If someone in your raid has a reforge mount, you can reforge specifically for that fight. You don't want that haste for your destruction spec and it is costing you a significant amount of DPS. Some people might argue this, especially for the later fights, but when it comes to the heroics that you're working on, haste is worthless for destruction.
    First off. Stop spewing out things like 'feels' better and simply throwing it out as logic or something based on that. Haste vs crit has been talked about so much lately and numbers have been posted where they are less than 1% difference between the two. Haste pulls [slightly ahead on multi-target and crit pulls slightly ahead on single-target, period. Of course there is the issue of preference, whether you 'feel' like one is better or the other depends entirely on you. But please stop saying/pushing your way is better then others because it 'feels' better or stuff like that. Stick to the numbers.

That being said, I do agree with you Belloc though that he should try crit for awhile because like I said, it does depend on the person and what they prefer. I have played both ways and am an advocate of both ways. Bigger CB's look nicer to the eyes on some people.

You did say that people would dispute you....

For the OP. Sparkuggz imo has the best information available to locks atm. Maybe try checking out his guides and cite.

Deleted
    After you told him he has to reforge his haste into crit you lost all credibility in your post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavarnae View Post
    First off. Stop spewing out things like 'feels' better and simply throwing it out as logic or something based on that. Haste vs crit has been talked about so much lately and numbers have been posted where they are less than 1% difference between the two. Haste pulls [slightly ahead on multi-target and crit pulls slightly ahead on single-target, period. Of course there is the issue of preference, whether you 'feel' like one is better or the other depends entirely on you. But please stop saying/pushing your way is better then others because it 'feels' better or stuff like that. Stick to the numbers.

That being said, I do agree with you Belloc though that he should try crit for awhile because like I said, it does depend on the person and what they prefer. I have played both ways and am an advocate of both ways. Bigger CB's look nicer to the eyes on some people.

You did say that people would dispute you....

For the OP. Sparkuggz imo has the best information available to locks atm. Maybe try checking out his guides and cite.
    I'm sorry but did you say haste is better than crit in aoe situations? I was under the impression crit was a slight gain in aoe fights whereas haste is a slight gain in pure single target, please correct me if I'm wrong though.