Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What would you like to see for Druid changes in WoD?

Hey everyone, just curious on what you'd like to see for changes for Druids in the upcoming expansion, whether they be quality of life changes, rotational changes, or even spells added/removed.

I'll start with would I'd like to see.

First off, for Feral, Tiger's Fury either removed, or simply put in as a passive. It's irritating to have to apply bleeds with that up as it lasts so short, and it's on such a short cooldown, it feels way too bloated.

Second one, for Feral again, is Savage Roar to be refreshed with Ferocious Bite. We've gotten to a point where feral has to juggle 3 different finishers, and one of them is a simple damage increase, akin to Inquisition with Paladins. It really is quite boring design, because if you fail, you'll lose out on massive damage. It's a fight or fail sort of mechanic. I do know there is supposed to be a talent in WoD that makes Savage Roar permanently passive, and if that goes through, even better.

Third one for Balance. Just a rework of the DoTs. Right now, unless in high gear levels, you need to reapply dots twice each eclipse, once when entering, and once right before leaving. Maybe a system of where the dots get refreshed on each eclipse, but drastically reduce how long they stay for? Or, just increase the time by a few seconds when entering. So entering Solar eclipse increasing the dot time on Sunfire/Moonfire.

That's really all I got. What would you guys like to see?
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I greatly disagree with dumbing down the feral rotation. Go play assassination if you want a 123 spec.

As for balance, I believe thats being fixed with the change to DoT snapshotting. Unsure if that works with eclipses though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I greatly disagree with dumbing down the feral rotation. Go play assassination if you want a 123 spec.

As for balance, I believe thats being fixed with the change to DoT snapshotting. Unsure if that works with eclipses though.
    Even with proposed changes, feral isn't a 1 2 3 spec, nor are most rogue specs.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I asked about the Eclipses snapshotting and even though I didn't receive an answer directly, Celestalon, said that class/spec mechanics like eclipse will still snapshot, because they are there to affect the nature of the spell or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I asked about the Eclipses snapshotting and even though I didn't receive an answer directly, Celestalon, said that class/spec mechanics like eclipse will still snapshot, because they are there to affect the nature of the spell or something.
    That's extremely disappointing if the case.

CP bound to the player for feral.
    Bleed CD or complete rework of Berserk.
    Make cats actually fast as all hell, client crashing fast. (Rework tier 15)
    Symbiosis removed. Maybe a choice between SI and a dispersion like ability (90% less dmg) in talents.
    Incarnation removed or reworked.
    Better Force of Nature code or whatever.
    Rework Nature's Vigil for feral.
    Heart of the Wild instead of symbiosis as a class ability.
    Complete rework of tier 30 talents.
    Ferocious Bite actually does good damage.
    Make sure that Savage Roar passive talent is a PvP thing only, it just sounds disgusting.

More than anything, I think this should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    CP bound to the player for feral.
    Bleed CD or complete rework of Berserk.
    Make cats actually fast as all hell, client crashing fast. (Rework tier 15)
    Symbiosis removed. Maybe a choice between SI and a dispersion like ability (90% less dmg) in talents.
    Incarnation removed or reworked.
    Better Force of Nature code or whatever.
    Rework Nature's Vigil for feral.
    Complete rework of tier 30 talents.
    Ferocious Bite actually does good damage.
    Make sure that Savage Roar passive talent is a PvP thing only, it just sounds disgusting.
    Pretty good list.

I also agree that Symbiosis is just god awful and HotW should be baseline.

Hard to imagine what Blizzard has in mind for Feral with the removal of snapshotting, I don't think any spec has to use and abuse snapshotting as hard as possible to do competitive DPS.

They really need much much shorter dots so Feral isn't so terrible at target switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one praying for appearance changers working in Glyph of the Stars form?

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Third one for Balance. Just a rework of the DoTs. Right now, unless in high gear levels, you need to reapply dots twice each eclipse, once when entering, and once right before leaving. Maybe a system of where the dots get refreshed on each eclipse, but drastically reduce how long they stay for? Or, just increase the time by a few seconds when entering. So entering Solar eclipse increasing the dot time on Sunfire/Moonfire.

That's really all I got. What would you guys like to see?
    High gear level? Unless you have downright terrible gear, that shouldn't be an issue. >500 isn't high anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Sounds like a player skill issue to me. I've been helping my friend learn Boomkin and when playing his toon (480 ilvl no legendary items) I was only casting DoTs once per Eclipse.

• Better target swaps for Feral – either CPs on the player or Rip acting more like Rupture, with CPs increasing the duration rather than damage <- this is my big one;
    • Ferocious Bite becoming better, either with an additional effect or increased damage – for me it barely hits harder than a single bleed tick;
    • Challenge Mode armour procs have some sort of effect on forms;
    • Berserk providing a damage increase rather than energy-cost reduction (in high-level gear we have so much haste we never run out of energy with Berserk up and it's actually detrimental to use it during Lust);
    • DoC providing some increased utility to HT usage for Feral – perhaps it causes HT to splash a percentage to nearby players;
    • Removal of a CC tier, or a way to make them slightly more useful in a PvE raiding environment;
    • Not simplifying the Feral rotation at all – I love it, and I love playing with DoC.

Those are the things that jump out at me, although I'm sure I'll think of some more when I get back home and play a bit more. Target swaps and weak cleaves are a really big one for me though – on Heroics like Nazgrim, Malkorok and Spoils I can't compare to what other people can do and resort to just sitting on the boss and only swapping when absolutely necessary.

Deleted
    Shred removed or merged with mangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Shred removed or merged with mangle.
    Given that they want to remove positional requirements, it's likely one of them gets canned.

I guess I'm one of the few people that actually enjoys Symbiosis as is. As long as we're not balanced around it, it's icing on the cake. Those abilities suggested to replace Symbiosis could have their place, and for our extra signature ability for MoP Symbiosis probably was a miss in terms of impact, however I don't see how we cannot have both. Biggest problem would be potential button bloat, which I'll admit.

If we're still going to have raid cooldowns across every spec/class in WoD, might as well have Guardians join the bandwagon. Although, I personally would have the volume reduced rather than giving everyone candy, but this is worst-case for druids.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Symbiosis is a bad ability because 80% of the abilities it provides to pretty much all 4 specs are completely useless, it pretty much goes like this
    Feral picks dispersion or bubble if no priest.
    Guardian picks Bone Shield or Monk Brew if no dk.
    Resto picks deterrance or iceblock if no mage or spirit walker in rare occasions.
    Boomkin picks Cloak or Warlock one.
    Everything else is almost always completely useless, Soul Swap and Redirect for feral is decent in a few fights but dispersion is just too good to not pick on most fights.

Such a bad design, some of the abilities are so damn useless it seems they just put them there as complete fillers after a lack of creativity when making this ability.
    Why not just remove it and give us those abilities druids need instead? Mostly talking about the immunities and 90% dmg reductions, I mean just look at the 30 talent row, its shit after turd after crap, just give us more defensive options there.

Not to mention it becomes a chore to deal with on long raids, specially progression when talent and glyph swapping is nonfucking stop, I've never meet any real raiding druid that doesn't hate the ability just because of this alone.

Honestly I'd be okay with it if they threw the entire feral rotation out and started again from scratch. It started life as a poor man's Rogue, was improved to the point that it's more or less a rotation in its own right, but is plagued by antiquated mechanics and feels like a Sub Rogue minus 7 years of quality of life improvements.

Boomkin - revamped owlkin model (I know that's not going to happen).

Guardian - sigh. Surely they can find some way to stop me being bored out of my mind playing my bear? I'd support even fairly drastic change.

Resto - seems pretty good though I haven't played it a lot.

All druid specs have a fair bit of button bloat and I think they went overboard giving Druids utility in the new talent pane.

I greatly disagree with dumbing down the feral rotation.
    I really don't like this attitude of entrenched WoW players that taking a rotation that's old, clunky and awkward and improving it is "dumbing down" the game.

It kind of boils down to "I'm used to the current shitty system and have convinced myself that me putting up with it is evidence of some kind of awesome skill on my part".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    • Challenge Mode armour procs have some sort of effect on forms;
    Yeah honestly I don't know how they'll ever solve the problem of gear on druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Symbiosis is a bad ability because 80% of the abilities it provides to pretty much all 4 specs are completely useless, it pretty much goes like this
    Feral picks dispersion or bubble if no priest.
    Guardian picks Bone Shield or Monk Brew if no dk.
    Resto picks deterrance or iceblock if no mage or spirit walker in rare occasions.
    Boomkin picks Cloak or Warlock one.
    Everything else is almost always completely useless, Soul Swap and Redirect for feral is decent in a few fights but dispersion is just too good to not pick on most fights.

Such a bad design, some of the abilities are so damn useless it seems they just put them there as complete fillers after a lack of creativity when making this ability.
    Why not just remove it and give us those abilities druids need instead? Mostly talking about the immunities and 90% dmg reductions, I mean just look at the 30 talent row, its shit after turd after crap, just give us more defensive options there.

Not to mention it becomes a chore to deal with on long raids, specially progression when talent and glyph swapping is nonfucking stop, I've never meet any real raiding druid that doesn't hate the ability just because of this alone.
    Because if one talent gave you 11 awesome abilities it'd be the most OP thing in the game.

If anything the ones you actually like probably need to be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    On rotation, clunky and awkward = skill to play well. CP generation can suck early in an xpac, I'd like to see this managed and the encouragement to juggle FB in more often.

For resto I'd like to see spi=melee hit, so that resto/cat becomes more feasible. I don't really like free globals

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Because if one talent gave you 11 awesome abilities it'd be the most OP thing in the game.

If anything the ones you actually like probably need to be nerfed.
    Exactly, so what is it good for other than providing you with the fake feeling of having options?
    Remove symbiosis, remove 30 talents, give us similar defensive talents in the 30 row, make HotW baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me see, some changes...

Symbiosis- removed. It's not a very fun spell atm because, rather then being able to select various classes for fun spells, you HAVE to select certain classes for the useful spells. Also, depending on the spec, you DONT select certain classes at all.

In exchange, HotW is made baseline, and each of the 4 specs gets something extra.

Guardians- Thorns, active/passive ability. Passively, you get surrounded by an aura of thorns, dealing minor damage to attackers. Actively, you cause a wild growth in the thorns, causing small amounts of damage ever .5 seconds to nearby enemies. Active has a 30 second cooldown, and the passive is not applied while on CD.

Feral- Embrace of the Wild. 3 min CD. You fade into nature itself, reducing the damage of the next attack against you by 90%.

Resto - Rock Trunk. 5 Min CD. You surround yourself with a rock-like trunk, becoming immune to all attacks and spells for 15 seconds. Rock Trunk can be attacked, and killing it ends the effect. You cannot preform actions while surrounded by the trunk.

Boomkin- Barkskin also prevents the first application of any magical effect, and the spell pushback protection becomes spell interuption protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.