Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel like all of you MMOC fucks just have too much time on your hands.
    More negativity than Auschwitz. WTF, intardweb fuckers?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-12-20 at 05:12 AM.

Game movies are almost always terrible so I won't expect anything too much
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    A terrible mash up of LotR and 300. About as pleasing to the fans as the live action DBZ movie

I feel as though it can go either way. I feel it will be either pretty damn good or really bad.

Deleted
    The movie is produced by Legendary Pictures, so I doubt it's even possible for it to be as bad as theses old video games adaptations.

I'm pretty confident on this one, I think the Warcraft movie will be a good movie, and Blizzard are defending their lore like if it was a baby and like if they were it's mother.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    worse than dungeons and dragons? doubtful.
    dude DnD was awesome lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    A terrible mash up of LotR and 300. About as pleasing to the fans as the live action DBZ movie
    we don't speak of that
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Why do you think they moved the microtransaction store into WoW and put it on the main bar. They need extra funds to front this movie and what better way than to milk even more money from their paying subscribers.
    Blizzard doesn't fund the movie. They sell the movie rights to the film company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At this point, with the names attached to it, my only concern is that it might be incomprehensible to non-fans, like the FF7 film. These guys are all Warcraft fans. That has a lot of positives, but just as many negatives. But they also know how to put a story together in movie form, so they should be all right. The cast is solid, no big names but quite a few respected ones.

It'll be a few steps up from Super Mario Bros. How many steps depends on a lot of factors we don't know yet. But it should be watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The movie is produced by Legendary Pictures, so I doubt it's even possible for it to be as bad as theses old video games adaptations.
    It's always possible. Studios are just studios, they don't write the scripts or direct the actors.

Hell Dark Knight Rises had the same director and writers and actors as Dark Knight and it was total garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Honestly?

All they have to do is make some cross-promotion where if you purchase a ticket to the movie, you get an ingame pet/mount. If not that, maybe they will save it for the DVD/BLU release.

My concern is not in the quality of Director or cast but in how well Warcraft will translate when made into a movie. All in all Blizzard have become pretty terrible at story telling.

My expectations are about as low as they can get, so I should be pleasantly surprised. I consider myself a Warcraft fan, but I'll probably wait till it's on Netflix.

I have this same feeling as well and I just can't shake it...the Mortal Combat movie sucked, so I just know this movie will suck too. The Mortal Combat movie had so much lore to go off of, and it just pretty much ended up being a movie about people fighting. Plus, I mean there isn't tons of shitty movies in every genre of film. Platoon and The Great Escape were fantastic war movies, which means all war movies are good in my eyes...but the Godfather 3 sucked, so of course all mob movies will always suck. It's just fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.
    What do you think at this point?
    Well, on average movie adaptations based on video games don't work out very well and are usually full of plot holes, but then again, most games don't have much of a story to tell as it is. Warcraft however has a lot of background story and lore that could be used. So I actually have higher hopes for this one. Just hoping they won't make it a hack and slash movie and actually tell a compelling story.

Considering that we're still finding out about the cast, I don't feel like I can give an accurate guess. I think a lot of it will depend on how the game's doing when it's out. If WoD ends up being amazing and brings back a lot of people, the movie will certainly be more well received than if WoW continues its decline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Why do you think they moved the microtransaction store into WoW and put it on the main bar. They need extra funds to front this movie and what better way than to milk even more money from their paying subscribers.
    Yeah was kinda wondering when this remark would pop up. You're not even discussing the topic... how does pissing vinegar feel really?

it could win best picture of the year.. and people on MMOC will say it sucks

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The original MK movie was quite a pleasant surprise. Also, one of the best movie soundtracks of the 90s.
    That was kind of my thought, so 50% of the OP's examples didn't really help his argument.

Now, were there sequels to the original? I have no idea, and they very well may have sucked donkey balls for all I know.

Besides, it could be worse. Uwe Boll could be directing!
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-12-20 at 07:11 AM.

Deleted
    with do much money pumped into it I really doubt it will suck like the other movies based on games.

Deleted
    I think it will be terrible. Like a lot.
    It will feature some total imaginary love story of a girl from the snowy part[sic] of elwynn forrest deeply in love with a guy from the doesnotexistinthegame-vally garrison.
    Meanwhile a brutal war vs the orcs is happening, but you never see it, because CGI is like really really expensive.
    You maybe see a orc. Otherwise just 2 Elves (humans with pointy ears) and a dozent midgets (in armor, so yes, dwarves, i guess) will show up and have their side storys rolling. Something with magic and dragons but nobody cares. As incentive for a broader audience we will see lots of naked human males, because that seem to work for game of thrones, and all that fantasy nerd crap is kinda the same.
    When the hero finally finds the magic sword (staple requisite of every bad fantasy movie) he will chop down the corrupt garrisson leader (in-faction fighting is so politically deep) and rescue his chick from the Stormwind Tower (because stockades sound so fantasy nerd crap)
    Then there is about 25 minutes of getting married, getting kids and teaser for the next part, because there is just sooo many store we HAVE to have a triology.

Its for a different audience then players. But games have done the same for years now. Buy awesome movie IP and then make a mediocre game for a different audience.