Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Because Flex still requires a third party addon, ever-escalating gear requirements (530 a few weeks ago, 540 now), and about 2-3 hours to organize. I queue for 5 LFR instances at once, run dailies and/or dungeons, and knock out two or three LFRs at one time in 2-3 hours. While I got my dailies done and collected my Secrets of the Empire you were still waiting for your oqueue group to get going. What's casual and fun about your way?
    I've ran flex tons of times and I've never had to use a 3rd party add-on to do so. If you don't like the requirement someone has on their flex, start your own run. You can fill to the min of 10 rather quickly during peak hours, even faster with OpenRaid.us.

Also, while you spent 2-3 hours doing dailies and getting your secrets, I spent the same amount of time and cleared the whole place on flex.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    Also, while you spent 2-3 hours doing dailies and getting your secrets, I spent the same amount of time and cleared the whole place on flex.
    Flex is only for SoO. Secrets only drop from the first two SoO wings. Most of the secrets are only going to drop in ToT, so LFR is still the fastest way to get them for most people. That's beside the point, however. My point is that LFR is not nearly as time consuming or as big a source of failure as so many make it out to be. The idea that Flex will kill it is wishful thinking. I'm still at a loss as to why so many people want to kill content that they don't want to run under the excuse that there is already similar content that they prefer to run. If you want to run Flex good for you. I'm not calling for Flex to be killed because I'm happy to run LFR. I don't understand players who are calling for LFR to be killed because they would rather run Flex. Just do whatever content you like and let others do whatever content they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    For any number of reasons, some people have great trouble realizing this, because THEIR particular case is special.

"Maybe in most cases, but I'm a very polite person."
    "My information is entirely accurate and that's all it is, information."
    "It's essential to this group that I convey this message to you."
    "You have a responsibility to all of us to listen to me."
    "If you don't listen to me then you're a bad, frankly."
    "You will bond with me once I share this insight with you."
    "I know that you will appreciate my comments because I can see that you already look up to my experience."
    "People always thank me for selflessly spending my time to improve others' gameplay."
    "I understand that most people don't like advice from strangers, but I have something really useful to tell you."

But as a rule, how it works out is:

"Who are you? Did I ask for your help? No. Shut up."
    Don't forget that they talk about how they have a life and you don't,. Which is why you are capable of not sucking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Harder difficulties only suffered diminished prestige because of LFR (though I'm sure that did indirectly make the whole raiding scene suffer). My point was, that LFR does not justify raiding as the end game or as the biggest development resource hogger, if for 95% it's merely a quick afk'ed tourist mode and at the same time it diminishes the prestige of the 5%, whom should be some kind of trend setters in WoW.
    Prestige is all about respect since there's none without it. And whether or not you personally feel respected in game should be more of a social function of your guild than a reflection of how you believe others should feel about you.

People are prone to take their own self-satisfaction and project it onto others and they're free to do that but trust me in this: Most people outside of a tight social circle could not care less about your gear, your accomplishments or anything else that you've done. The only time they notice you is when you park on the mailboxes in front of the AH and then it's only to be annoyed. The only thing interesting about the attitude displayed by some raiders encapsulated in belief in their own specialness is that it exists at all.

All the rest of us have our own game to play be it solo or within our own circle of friends, family and guildmates. We don't standing around in our free time wishing there was someone around that we could hero-worship. The measure of a person's worth is something much greater than whether or not they play video games well. Most of us know that. Those that don't will figure it out at some point. It's shallow, unimportant and self-deluded. Blizzard took nothing away from you when they added greater access to raiding to the game.

TL : DR - Nobody outside your friends and guild owes you anything for your game competence. Stop acting like someone does.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't normally offer advice in LFR.

If someone asks sure I may say something otherwise I do whats required and make some chit chat with the group in general. If someone majorly fucks up I will point it out (had a DPS monk taunt jugger and die get a res and do exactly the same thing pointed out he denied it 4-5 other people in the raid concurred with me and we asked him to maybe check his key bindings to ensure he does not taunt a boss again as he might die. There was no rage just a simple : X you taunted the boss died got a res and taunted the boss again you might want to check you're not using your taunt as a DPS. X retorts "but i did not taunt" *raid* the tank had tons of threat and then the boss turned around hit you as you're threat was suddenly above the tanks you don't even have the highest damage either...

Sure it may not have been the most polite but since a res was wasted and a potential raid wipe could have occurred I pointed it out. If someone gets angry over that it is not my problem. If the said person constantly does the same mistake that is holding the raid back a simple vote kick solves the situation. For the most part in LFR its mainly AFK or ragers that get a kick people a bit low on damage are not a big issue tbh.

Flex is only for SoO. Secrets only drop from the first two SoO wings. Most of the secrets are only going to drop in ToT, so LFR is still the fastest way to get them for most people. That's beside the point, however. My point is that LFR is not nearly as time consuming or as big a source of failure as so many make it out to be. The idea that Flex will kill it is wishful thinking. I'm still at a loss as to why so many people want to kill content that they don't want to run under the excuse that there is already similar content that they prefer to run. If you want to run Flex good for you. I'm not calling for Flex to be killed because I'm happy to run LFR. I don't understand players who are calling for LFR to be killed because they would rather run Flex. Just do whatever content you like and let others do whatever content they like.
    It takes time to beta test LFR to make sure it is Facebook enough, then LFR is priority for hot fixes after the patch. LFR has also damaged enchanting markets, contributed to item level inflation, replaced other forms of casual content that some may enjoy on their alts, taken a spot in gear progression, and most of all damaged the lat tenements of server community or pug community an just contributes to more of the issues caused by lack of accountability within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    It takes time to beta test LFR to make sure it is Facebook enough, then LFR is priority for hot fixes after the patch. LFR has also damaged enchanting markets, contributed to item level inflation, replaced other forms of casual content that some may enjoy on their alts, taken a spot in gear progression, and most of all damaged the lat tenements of server community or pug community an just contributes to more of the issues caused by lack of accountability within the game.
    Enchanting markets not a concern. Cheaper prices for all is a good thing. The only "other" form of casual content that got replaced by LFR are 5mans and is a valid point. I would like to see more 5man content. But if LFR did not exist raiding would have been cut back by now (not gone but would have got less resources). It has a spot in gear progression but only as a form of catch up. If you are a normal mode or heroic mode raider aside from very poor RNG you should not need LFR gear. infact you won't need it full stop aside for cutting edge progression (and the way it works atm LFR gear is not that helpful).

As for your last comment thats up for speculation. I found that the community has not been the same since Vanilla but that might be my jaded thinking.

It takes time to beta test LFR to make sure it is Facebook enough, then LFR is priority for hot fixes after the patch.
    Except they don't take the time to beta test LFR, and that's why there are so many hotfixes to it after the patch. I find it odd that you're using priority and LFR in the same sentence given that fact. There are also hotfixes for regular and heroic raids when they first release so I don't see how they can be suffering at LFR's expense.

LFR has also damaged enchanting markets,
    No more than ICC heroics, troll heroics, HoT heroics, or any other form of heroic dungeon going back to 2009. This isn't a function of LFR.

contributed to item level inflation
    Again, not exclusively a function of LFR. The upgrade-through-valor system and the addition of yet another raiding difficulty have contributed far more. Now instead of having 20 ilevel difference total between tiers they have to do a 10-ilevel difference between raiding modes in order to accommodate the valor upgrade system. With four raiding modes (of which LFR is only one) that becomes a minimum 40 ilevel difference between tiers. Don't pin that on LFR. Blizzard could have kept their valor system intact and then you'd only need single digit ilevel differences between raiding modes and differences in the teens between tiers, but then that made valor quickly become obsolete for the hard core raiders, and they couldn't let their pet players miss out on rewards.

replaced other forms of casual content that some may enjoy on their alts
    That was a choice Blizzard made to focus on raiding as the end-all-be-all of the end game. LFR is the unfortunate side effect of that. I can sympathize with "Give us heroic dungeons instead of LFR," but most of the arguments today are along the lines of, "We don't need LFR any more because we have Flex now."

taken a spot in gear progression
    Non-raiders deserve some form of gear progression too in order to keep the game interesting. In the past this was done via heroic dungeons, valor points, and craftable items, but Blizzard decided that raiding should be the beginning and end of gear progression. Killing LFR isn't going to resolve that.

and most of all damaged the lat tenements of server community or pug community an just contributes to more of the issues caused by lack of accountability within the game.
    The community has always been toxic to some extent and always will be. The degree of toxicity in LFR is vastly exaggerated. To be honest I see more toxicity on these threads than I actually see in LFR.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternately, raids haven't been getting nerfed to any great degree while they're current tier which was the previous mechanism to encourage more people to raid. I'll bet you miss that. Right? Thought not.

Enchanting? Come on.

And I'm always amused by the argument that Raid Finder ruined the community. Something is always ruining the community. This is just the latest in a long, long list. People who post angry rants in which they dismiss bad players by insulting them and then turn around and bleat about how the community has gotten so terrible are so lacking in self-awareness that there's practically nothing one can say. You've been busy labeling people as 'shitters' and other things starting with a post on the first page of this thread and now you're complaining about how Raid Finder has damaged community? If I take your attitude here as an example of how you treat people in game, you get exactly the community you and others like you deserve.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    And I'm always amused by the argument that Raid Finder ruined the community. Something is always ruining the community. This is just the latest in a long, long list. People who post angry rants in which they dismiss bad players by insulting them and then turn around and bleat about how the community has gotten so terrible are so lacking in self-awareness that there's practically nothing one can say. You've been busy labeling people as 'shitters' and other things starting with a post on the first page of this thread and now you're complaining about how Raid Finder has damaged community? If I take your attitude here as an example of how you treat people in game, you get exactly the community you and others like you deserve.
    Agreed, this is always the most hilarious thing to see.

Sure I agree the community isn't what it once was, but when people go around acting like they're better than people and insulting then shout at the community going bad it's funny the complete hypocrisy present for everybody to see.

I'm willing to bet large portions of these people abusing others and then claiming the community is bad just miss people saying "cool mount" or "where'd you get that title/item?".

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Prestige is all about respect since there's none without it. And whether or not you personally feel respected in game should be more of a social function of your guild than a reflection of how you believe others should feel about you.

People are prone to take their own self-satisfaction and project it onto others and they're free to do that but trust me in this: Most people outside of a tight social circle could not care less about your gear, your accomplishments or anything else that you've done. The only time they notice you is when you park on the mailboxes in front of the AH and then it's only to be annoyed. The only thing interesting about the attitude displayed by some raiders encapsulated in belief in their own specialness is that it exists at all.

All the rest of us have our own game to play be it solo or within our own circle of friends, family and guildmates. We don't standing around in our free time wishing there was someone around that we could hero-worship. The measure of a person's worth is something much greater than whether or not they play video games well. Most of us know that. Those that don't will figure it out at some point. It's shallow, unimportant and self-deluded. Blizzard took nothing away from you when they added greater access to raiding to the game.

TL : DR - Nobody outside your friends and guild owes you anything for your game competence. Stop acting like someone does.
    So you're telling me that when you group with someone (for flex lets say) that is equiped out in heroic warforged gear that you don't ooh and awe just a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    So you're telling me that when you group with someone (for flex lets say) that is equiped out in heroic warforged gear that you don't ooh and awe just a little bit?
    I can't speak for MoanaLisa, but as for me, I honestly don't. If I feel anything it's anticipation that this person will contribute positively to the current run because chances are that they know what they're doing (even though that's not always a guarantee). Beyond that I could care less if they're wearing heroic warforged or greens from the MoP starter vendors. If they are nice and exhibit a positive attitude throughout the raid I'm happy to group with them.

As for my opinion of them outside of the game, gear has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    off topic but can you people sound less like assholes for once?

back on topic
    1. define zero accountability.
    2. que times are crap because of dps and healers treating tanks like crap.

LFR is mostly a community issue because the community created it. blizzard cant find that, the community has to.
    People treat everyone like shit in lfr, it's true if you have no idea and don't ask what to do or continue to not listen to others as a tank then your going to have issues.

I have never been in a lfr where a tank didn't know the fight , asked what to do and was flamed for it. 100% of my groups are happy that someone who didnt know asked rather than wiping the raid.

The single MAJOR factor we wait on tanks is purely because there are less of them, raids for the most part require 2-3 out of a 10 man / 25 man raid. So its natural that there are less.

With accountability the vote kick system needs to be fixed. I had a hunter who spent the whole time trolling but couldn't be kicked due to the fact he kept us in combat 100% of the time. But in the end LFR is balanced around the fact its a qued system, there is no RL or vent so you can't expect it to have any mechanics.

But i think groups tend to get worse over the course of the raid being out for a while as there are only so many alts getting legendary mats and as the more advance player base has no need for lfr loot as they move on to flex,normals / heroics you are left with the lfr only players with some alts.

Compared to near the release window of SoO where mains would run for a while if they got shafted with 4pc/ trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't speak for MoanaLisa, but as for me, I honestly don't. If I feel anything it's anticipation that this person will contribute positively to the current run because chances are that they know what they're doing (even though that's not always a guarantee). Beyond that I could care less if they're wearing heroic warforged or greens from the MoP starter vendors. If they are nice and exhibit a positive attitude throughout the raid I'm happy to group with them.

As for my opinion of them outside of the game, gear has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
    Its a interesting topic, if i see someone in decked out heroic gear AND playing like a god then i respect them. As someone who raids at 9/14h which is nothing special if im in a flex or if we pug someone for main raid who is decked out and playing very well who has killed bosses we havn't then like i said i do respect that skill it took it get those bosses down as i know first had what they went through.

All context i guess but i 100% agree that the days of being parked in town on my dreadsteed and players constantly being in awe or seeing that full t6 warrior and /drooling are over but i think performance and dedication are still respected, you just can't thrust that in people's faces in town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really but I PM'd you a full reply since it was a bit long and completely off-topic. It's interesting though. Transmogrification has diluted if not killed entirely that whole business in any case. This should be in another thread though .

EDIT: Exoblade has it right, I'll start admiring them after I play with them a bit and it will be for that--Raid Finder or anywhere else--that they get the admiration and respect.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-20 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    First of all: I personally hate LFR. I am a tank and I hate it. I feel kind of forced to do it though, just because I want the set for transmog. Or to help people gear so they can raid flex without the need to go ToT or waiting for weeks to get enough valor points.

Most of my fellow guild members do LFR weekly on at least 1 char. And I don’t know a single one who really enjoys it. Just because people run it doesn’t mean they enjoy it – some need to do it to catch up to run flex or normal modes.

If they didn’t make the catchup that ridiculous this patch I’d bet most of my guild members would avoid it:
    Firelands (2nd tier that expansion): 378, Dragonsoul Dungeons 378, too. In addition: valor points were used to buy last tier items.
    Trial of the Crusader (3rd tier that expansion): 232 Icecrown Dungeons 232, too. In addition: valor points were used to buy last tier t-set and items.

MoP: Timeless Isle: 496 same ilvl as first tier that expansion - with random stats and no weapon and rare chance of getting a burden to upgrade it with possible useless stats. Valor for upgrading only…

If you want to see Garrosh on Normal or even Flex and had a break or were a bit slacking or didn’t manage to raid in a raiding guild prior to 5.4 you have no real chance to get there without LFR.
    There are hardly any tot raids around. There are no valor upgrades available. And all you can get is first tier drops off the isle. “catch up” to what? You can’t even enter LFR with the timeless isle only.

Wouldn't even notice, I'd only inspect them if it's particularly attractive and I think it'd make a good mog set. If the Heroic Warforged set is ugly looking, I'll actually look down on them for having poor fashion sense.

Stats mean nothing. Just take the better gear if you get it then don't think about it again till more gear drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Wouldn't even notice, I'd only inspect them if it's particularly attractive and I think it'd make a good mog set. If the Heroic Warforged set is ugly looking, I'll actually look down on them for having poor fashion sense.

Stats mean nothing. Just take the better gear if you get it then don't think about it again till more gear drops.
    You can pretty much tell gear level by looking at health levels. If somone is abnormally high I will take a look. Also I care more about stats, heck I havn't switched from my challenge mode tmog since I got it. Nothing looks as good imo.

--------

For me its fun when I can heal 250k per second and have people look at the meters and go, "Holy shit, how do you do that?"
    Last edited by cabyio; 2013-12-20 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Nothing personal, but I'll never step into LFR to be treated like shit and/or be kicked for the most ridiculous reasons.

Sorry, but I don't see why LFR is still in game with Flex being a casual fun way to raid.

While I personally hate LFR as much as you do, Flex is a far cry from being considered "casual" by any means. On my server, unless you are in a guild the requirements for joining a Flex raid are ridiculous. Even with Oqueue it's a pain to get a group going. I hope Blizzards new group coordinator system does a better job than Oqueue because presently it's very difficult to do a Flex with an alt or after Wednesday.

As for LFR, from the perspective of a Healer/DPS/Tank (occasionally) I can't stand the thing. Unless I LFR right after restart I can't get a decent group to steamroll through the bosses. SoO has mechanics that fly right over the heads of many of the people who play LFR. I don't know how many times I've raged quit because we wiped on trash or really easy bosses, just because the majority doesn't understand or want to follow mechanics. Since I know Blizz prefers using LFR as the new catch-up/casual system they aren't going to get rid of it. So one suggestion would be to buff the determination buff by a lot more and apply it when ever there's a wipe. Even if it's trash; because people are never going to pay attention to mechanics or actually try to play their role properly in LFR. Honestly best case scenario is that Blizzard kills LFR and goes back to casual 5-man for catch-up gearing up. Making Flex the new LFR but with a little accountability for players.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

For me its fun when I can heal 250k per second and have people look at the meters and go, "Holy shit, how do you do that?"
    If you're having to heal 250K per second there's either something wrong or you're solo healing. I've only ever broken 200k HPS in LFR because the tanks were failing hard, and that was in 520 gear. I understand feeling proud of your abilities, but gear is only partially responsible for that. I'm sure that having a HPS that high will get you invited back to groups often (provided it's not coming at the expense of obeying actual mechanics), but it's not going to get you "prestige" in real life.

Ultimately, unless they actually go through with the item squish in WoD this time around, 250K will be laughably low next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    While I personally hate LFR as much as you do, Flex is a far cry from being considered "casual" by any means. On my server, unless you are in a guild the requirements for joining a Flex raid are ridiculous. Even with Oqueue it's a pain to get a group going. I hope Blizzards new group coordinator system does a better job than Oqueue because presently it's very difficult to do a Flex with an alt or after Wednesday.

As for LFR, from the perspective of a Healer/DPS/Tank (occasionally) I can't stand the thing. Unless I LFR right after restart I can't get a decent group to steamroll through the bosses. SoO has mechanics that fly right over the heads of many of the people who play LFR. I don't know how many times I've raged quit because we wiped on trash or really easy bosses, just because the majority doesn't understand or want to follow mechanics. Since I know Blizz prefers using LFR as the new catch-up/casual system they aren't going to get rid of it. So one suggestion would be to buff the determination buff by a lot more and apply it when ever there's a wipe. Even if it's trash; because people are never going to pay attention to mechanics or actually try to play their role properly in LFR. Honestly best case scenario is that Blizzard kills LFR and goes back to casual 5-man for catch-up gearing up. Making Flex the new LFR but with a little accountability for players.
    Pst. You can join your own group. Oh no how awful it is that you should be in a guild! Damn those creators trying to push guild interaction and all that.

If Blizzards group making DOESN'T let you have requirements then it will fail horribly. I happen to like my Wing 4 heirloom farm runs and I'm not interested in inviting and kicking people because I cant demand AoTC.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're having to heal 250K per second there's either something wrong or you're solo healing. I've only ever broken 200k HPS in LFR because the tanks were failing hard, and that was in 520 gear. I understand feeling proud of your abilities, but gear is only partially responsible for that. I'm sure that having a HPS that high will get you invited back to groups often (provided it's not coming at the expense of obeying actual mechanics), but it's not going to get you "prestige" in real life.

Ultimately, unless they actually go through with the item squish in WoD this time around, 250K will be laughably low next expansion.
    You really don't know anything about the new expansion do you? First you said that we would be having 3 difficulties next expansion and now you don't know about the item squish.