Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah I don't really buy that story. People don't get kicked that often in LFR, if you got kicked there was probably a reason for it you're not telling us.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from your guild I blame the Weeping Angels.
    You cared enough to post.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been running lfrs on two DPS death knights with extremely low gear and never got kicked. My trick is not getting noticed - not saying anything, doing my job, not doing anything stupid (e.g. pulling trash).

I talk shit and do a good job, haven't been kicked, even after asking to be kicked.

I do LFR's every week, they're the main thing I do, and I only ever see people getting kicked if they go afk and we res up and they're still afk or they're talking shit and don't have the dps/healing/tanking skillz to back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Deleted
    I vote for option 7. A bug. Something is removing you from the group. Maybe an addon you have making you leave instantly, or your hand moving towards your portrait and clicking "leave group", also referred to as rage quitting. That also tends to happen to the more skilled people, though most of those have a lack of brain power I haven't noticed from you.

I'd try doing this without addons, if you dare/if it doesn't make the game unplayable due to what you may be used to. Also try deleting any macro that includes the command to leave the group, if you have one. (if)

Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I mean, I just come out of a LFR Sha of Pride wipe where I was kicked literally TWO SECONDS after the raid wiped. I clicked release to run back and zoned into the Vale not being part of a group.
    Thoughts? Explanations?
    This is either an exaggeration, or if not you have a technical problem and the kicks aren't kicks except some weird boot.
    There is no such thing as kicking immediately after combat. Once combat is engaged no one can be kicked, and the timer lasts some 15 seconds after combat is over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    if im not mistaken i think you have to wait 5 min. before you can kick someone after combat.
    15 seconds
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not getting kicked from LFR is very simple. Follow these steps:

1. Do not type anything in the raid chat.
    2. Do not have the lowest DPS/HPS
    3. Do not be the first one to die.
    4. Do not pull a boss yourself.
    5. Do not be a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This is either an exaggeration, or if not you have a technical problem and the kicks aren't kicks except some weird boot.
    There is no such thing as kicking immediately after combat. Once combat is engaged no one can be kicked, and the timer lasts some 15 seconds after combat is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    I vote for option 7. A bug. Something is removing you from the group. Maybe an addon you have making you leave instantly, or your hand moving towards your portrait and clicking "leave group", also referred to as rage quitting.
    The DBM message about the group wiping was... I forget, something like 12:33 (am, EST) and some odd seconds. The "you have been removed from the group" message came up two seconds later (in my chat log). I don't think it could be one of my mods though, because wouldn't that technically give me the deserter debuff? (Also considering the number needed/low droprate on the Secrets of the Empire, I would hardly rage quit on a boss that "supposedly" has a 100% drop rate.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I look at the OP's post history and conclude there's very little chance he's the type to go through LFR quietly. Probably queues as tank for shorter queues as well.
    My not suffering fools here on MMO-Champ is unrelated to my willingness to do so in-game when it furthers my goals. (ie. Somehow getting geared enough to join a guild capable of doing Mythic in WOD.) I'm also not an idiot. Frost is not a tanking spec. I don't queue as tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's not strange at all when you look at the context of the OP's post and background.
    Not sure if referring to post history or achievement history? If the former, see above.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Judging from your guild I blame the Weeping Angels.
    FUUUUUUUUU-
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Not getting kicked from LFR is very simple. Follow these steps:

1. Do not type anything in the raid chat.
    2. Do not have the lowest DPS/HPS
    3. Do not be the first one to die.
    4. Do not pull a boss yourself.
    5. Do not be a tank.
    6. Do not collect 200$ after passing GO.

Get a guild to raid Normal. Avoid LFR for the rest of your life.

i got kicked at dumuru after calling the 17 people who died in the beam waste of human flesh. we basically had to 5 man the last 50mil or so.
    guess they didnt share my opinion on them being worthless.

they really need to add an autokick or auto loot ban to bosses like dumuru and sha of pride. if people didnt receive loot after dieing in a 1 shot mechanic, im sure A LOT less would die.
    if you still die, kick, no loot and a nice error message. "opps you died because you are stupid, try again next time".
    at some point everybody has to surive the beam if he wants to finish the dungeon. might take some people a few tries

I give my best in lfr, if people are stupid, I afk
    Last edited by pawsz; 2013-12-21 at 06:58 PM.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

It sounds like a bug to me. I've experienced the opposite; it's very difficult to kick someone, especially a puller who also don't greed/need on green drops from mobs. The vote kick system is just... broken. :I

Did you ask any of the more vocal raid members what happened? Chances are they can tell you if they kicked you or not. Try to not sound like you're attacking them! :P

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    This.... you can`t get kicked right after a wipe/combat. so unless you where afk, not taking a ress and missed the resdy check fter being afk for a while i don`t see this story being true.

if im not mistaken i think you have to wait 5 min. before you can kick someone after combat.
    There are odd exceptions. One of which is submitting first 5 votes while dead during a boss encounter. I'm not sure when the vote goes through for the rest of the raid to click on, but I've been able to cast a vote during combat while dead. It wouldn't surprise me if a successful vote still let the offender finish the attempt though.

As just about everyone else has said - I've never witnessed a vote to kick for anyone that wasn't being an ass, one way or another. Whether they were pulling too many adds, spewing verbal abuse at others, anything based on having fun at the expense of others, there's always been a reason for any kicks I've witnessed. Nothing stupid like being based on class or race.

EDIT: Also, Kick protection. You shouldn't be able to be kicked more than a few times in quick succession, after which everyone is stuck with you whether you behave or not. Unless you're queuing as tank and switching to DPS once you're inside, this whole scenario presented in OP shouldn't happen.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    This is true, but in this case my former hardcore raiding background betrays me: no matter how faceroll LFR is, I suit up, shut up, and do my godsdamned job when I zone in.
    Good attitude.

You could try being more polite and helpfu- HAHAHA sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face when typing that. 90% of the time being polite and helpful won't do a thing in LFR at all. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    i got kicked at dumuru after calling the 17 people who died in the beam waste of human flesh. we basically had to 5 man the last 50mil or so.
    guess they didnt share my opinion on them being worthless.

they really need to add an autokick or auto loot ban to bosses like dumuru and sha of pride. if people didnt receive loot after dieing in a 1 shot mechanic, im sure A LOT less would die.
    if you still die, kick, no loot and a nice error message. "opps you died because you are stupid, try again next time".
    at some point everybody has to surive the beam if he wants to finish the dungeon. might take some people a few tries

I give my best in lfr, if people are stupid, I afk
    ppl like you are the reason lfr is so bad. not ppl dieing to mechanics, not ppl not switching to adds or whatever, but cancer like you who think they are awsome and everyone else sux just because they have more gear and ran the place more often.

if you were that smart and amazing, you would understand that pretty much any boss in lfr can be explained in 2 lines or less. sure some ppl wont listen and still die, but a majority of ppl dieing simply dont know the mechanics and will be very grateful for u taking 15 seconds of ur time to explain it instead of taking the same time to call them " a waste of human flesh"

im 575 ilvl and still run lfr for the pets and whatnot, whenever i see someone like you i make sure they get removed before next boss ( and ppl generally listen to you when u do 25-30% of the groups overall dmg)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is true, but in this case my former hardcore raiding background betrays me: no matter how faceroll LFR is, I suit up, shut up, and do my godsdamned job when I zone in.
    I can't believe a top three DPS would be kicked unless you opened your mouth and said something. The something not being "I'm happy to be with you today."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Good attitude.

You could try being more polite and helpfu- HAHAHA sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face when typing that. 90% of the time being polite and helpful won't do a thing in LFR at all. Sigh.
    90% of the time being polite and, well, not "helpful" but quiet, makes LFR much more pleasant.

Some silly smalltalk is fine though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    EDIT: Also, Kick protection. You shouldn't be able to be kicked more than a few times in quick succession, after which everyone is stuck with you whether you behave or not. Unless you're queuing as tank and switching to DPS once you're inside, this whole scenario presented in OP shouldn't happen.
    Yeah OP's post is either complete fiction or is omitting some important details.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some sillyness in lfr... Watched a healer get kicked b/c of their name, THEIR NAME.
    How ridiculous is that!?! I voted No but that didn't stop the other people from kicking them.

If you really got kicked after you zoned out within seconds of the wipe perhaps it's an
    addon doing the nasty to you. Try doing an lfr without any addons(maybe keep dbm) and
    see if the problem persists. If you have success(lfr with no kicks) turn back on your addons
    one at a time and run lfr again. You have 4 portions to test this out on(more if you use ToT lfr)
    so it'll give you a good idea if it's an addon or just a crappy group.

Beyond that, there's some good advice in here. Do your job, stay quiet and blend in.
    Sad we have to "censor" our personalities in LFR but let's face it, it's a volatile environment
    and the less you do to get noticed the better it will go.

Good luck OP, hope you figure it out.

Maybe a technical issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Keep in mind I'm a DPS. My queue time is approximately an hour on Bleeding Hollow, and then it's around an hour in LFR to go through a wing (minimum). There's no way the "kick protection system" (which I've never heard of before today) cares about something that happens once every 2-3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    Maybe a technical issue?
    The more I think about it, the more it might be. I don't understand how I'm NOT getting the Deserter debuff then, though. I seem to get kicked - that is, I get the message "You were removed from the group" - a lot of the time very soon after clicking release. Like I said, literally two seconds after the wipe on Sha of Pride last night. One time when it happened I had been talking to a rogue in /w about unrelated stuff and when I asked her/him why I was kicked they said "...I never got a vote option. WTF?" Perhaps it is a bug or an addon acting wonky.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I've done my fair share of LFR's, and i'm usually one of the people that are first to say "kick this guy" and start the vote kick process, but you don't just get singled out and kicked without a reason.

People only kick people from LFR if they are being a douche in chat, being completely worthless such as doing no damage(or healing) or being AFK, or if they're doing other shit people don't like such as need rolling on all the greens or BOEs that drop.

Most LFR raids have the majority of the DPS doing subpar numbers well below what they should pull given their ilevel and it would be impossible to kick everyone who isn't performing up to par. I mean you really have to go out of your way to do something douchey to get kicked.

You said you are a dk? Maybe you're using death grip. Tanks HATE when dps dks death grip things as well as anyone else using a taunt for that matter. Even if you have glyphed death grip to not taunt, unless you are using it in a really intelligent way such as gripping a caster into a group of already stacked melee adds, etc. I'd also suggest glyphing your army of the dead so they don't taunt, because their taunts can annoy tanks as well.

A death gripping DK will always get my vote kick. But you don't get kicked from LFR if you aren't doing something to piss off numerous people. I don't think i've ever seen a single votekick where the guy being kicked wasn't afk, fail, or being a bitch in chat.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2013-12-22 at 04:17 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.