Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Since they are allready shifting towards good humans vs bad orcs I feel like its gonna be such an empty experience like LOTR was.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just make movies based in the lore..I mean, stories like arthas, illidan, the enslavement and liberation of the orcs etc are so rich that you CAN'T mess it up, at least story wise.

This warcraft movie is exactly that, just a random made up story inside the warcraft universe. The people that will watch this movie will be either blizzard fans or people that got convinced by that fan to go watch it. But how can you do that with such a generic thing?

"what is that movie about?" "oh uh, it's based in the warcraft universe, there's a war going on between humans and green-skinned people. Also elves." "eh.. is it a LOTR rip-off?"

Also, as much as i hate to say it, there's no grade A actors, which sadly is something that sells the movie.

We'll be able to judge better as the list of actors gets filled and when they have a sneakpeek of the movie.
    Last edited by Icathian; 2013-12-22 at 12:13 PM.

I think it'll suck, yes.

I hate it, cause i'd love for there to be an awesome WOW movie. But I just know it won't be.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

A video game movie ending up bad? NONSENSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I was extremely disappointed with the first Mortal Kombat, and I was 13 years old. They watered down everything cool about the story of Mortal Kombat 2, it was just plain watered down and cheap in places. I have a great chip on my shoulder for Paul Anderson and his movies.
    I always found it amusing that a game that was notorious for the extreme blood, gore, violence, and murder, so extreme that they created the whole video game rating system mostly because of this game, and yet the movie had no blood, almost no death at all. I mean the closest thing to a proper fatality was the anonymous henchman that subzero shattered into pieces shortly after they arrived on the island. And that wasn't even a main character, just some random shirtless guy. The rest of the kills were horrible, and don't get me started on Goro's Star Trek-esque karate chop on the shoulder as his big finishing movie.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Depends on the script. But they've got a good director at least one with a good track record of making movies with good stories.
    also is blizz able to give away creative control in order to make a movie that functions, I mean all that is kinda canon doesn't realy work in movies storywise or pacingwise.

But at least warcraft has something going for it that mortal kombat didn't have and that is a real story, I mean mortal kombat was basiclyy beat people up and then at the end there is a small and this happened after fighter xy won the tournament.
    Last edited by mmoc30cfcfeceb; 2013-12-22 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    This is just my opinion but...

Super Mario Bros
    Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter
    Blood Rayne
    Resident Evil series
    Dragon Ball Z

Nuff said.
    Dragon Ball Z was a adaptation of a Anime, not a Video game, and with the director and most of the crew working on it fans of WoW, it could turn out to be alright, Same goes for other Video game movies down the line, Ubisoft is making a Assassins creed movie, and they have most of the creative control, So that could turn alright as well.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.
    Mortal Kombat with Christopher Lambert and Street Fighter with Jean-Claude Van Dam were decent movies for their time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Since they are allready shifting towards good humans vs bad orcs I feel like its gonna be such an empty experience like LOTR was.
    I can't imagine them making humans the good guys. Not blatantly good at least. The Arthas story was so great. Good intentions with tragic methods.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have high hopes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    If it turns out to be as good as lotr ill be very pleased. Hell... even if it is half as good as lotr it will be a success.

Deleted
    storywise it will be like lotr, peter jackson tweaked some bits in the movies
    duncan jones will do the same, but obv chris metzen will supervise it and make sure duncan doesn't wreck it

the only thing i'm very afraid of is the cgi...many vieogame adapation movies have had very crappy cgi - too much fantasy and colors. I hope warcraft will have LOTR style magic - bordering 'realism.'
    and seeing as how bulky and 'non-human' orcs are, i hope they do their best to make warcraft orcs... warcraft orcs.

the best thing i like the most is the two PoV's it will be focused on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    the only thing i'm very afraid of is the cgi...many vieogame adapation movies have had very crappy cgi - too much fantasy and colors. I hope warcraft will have LOTR style magic - bordering 'realism.'
    I doubt that will happen, I expect plenty of vibrant colours because that attracts people. "look shiny"
    When making the comparison to LOTR I think the Warcraft movie will be more like The Hobbit than LOTR.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be awful. Can't wait to pirate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I dunno, Legendary Pictures has some pretty awesome movies under it's belt.
    Yea, i think the same ...

Also the new godzilla trailer looks pretty awesome ^^

Deleted
    I'd suggest going to watch the other two movies created by Duncan Jones before pulling out any judgement on the WoW Movie. His second film 'Source Code' is decent and entertaining although admittedly it's not mindblowing. His first film 'Moon' is superb, and very intelligently done.

Time will tell, but I've got faith in him so far, and in the fact that Blizzard have already rejected a whole bunch of other directors who seemed to want to make a generic Hollywood blockbuster with lame storylines.

I think it will be an above average (at least) movie in its genre, but a bad Warcraft movie. Non-canon makes it iffy.

They know people love their cinematics, and the lore. Making a non-canon movie will be cool and is easier for them of course, but I'd really wish we could have a canon movie that shows us how Warcraft is like from things we haven't seen in the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

If anyone has the chance to break the stigma of a game being made into a movie, its Blizzard. At least they havent cast one of the shitty Wayans brothers in it.

It is definitely not going to be epic like lord of the rings which is what they are going for. Lotr is serious with a lot of depth and careful fantasy with moments of humour, while WoW and Blizzard in general are corny, superficial and simple as hell with lame puns making up 90% of it's humor.

I don't think it will be bad, but I doubt it will blow many people's mind! especially non-gamers.

This really has the potential to be a absolute Battlefield Earth clusterfuck of Epic proportion that would make cutthroat island look like it was the biggest box office hit ever!

Lets be honest how many people who play wow give two shits about lore and will that lore be engaging enough to keep joe smoe who has never played wow interested?

LOTR is one of the biggest books of all time so has the name recognition that if Peter Jackson decided to release LOTR where he it was just him jacking off a hobbit for 3 hours it still would make bank.

Does WoW have that marketability especially for a 100million dollar movie i like to think it does but my cynical side of me isnt so sure

but hey i will still watch it even if its just Chris Metzen jacking off Thrall for 3 hours