Poll: Do you think the rewards you get satisfy/justif the effort put in to acquiering them?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You could never do permanent stat gains that are only obtainable in current heroic Garrosh for example. You'd never be able to catchup for new players. You'd basically be making content only available to a smaller and smaller audience. I don't know how many people are still playing that cleared vanilla Naxx but it has to be tiny. Can you imagine them balancing stuff around all that collected stat boosts?

And then people would be selling their accounts because they have bonus stats. That's why the only permanent rewards can only be vanity rewards. It'd be an absolute disaster if your character became more powerful just because you played for a long time.

Deleted
    I tihnk the Challenge mode dungeons was a good step in the right direction. So was Brawlers guild. I'd like to see more of it in the future.. I don't really know what else you think raiding should offer.. They can't reward raiders with items that will stay good forever so

Quote Originally Posted by Yygers View Post
    I'm not a game designer so i bet my opinions about what the game would need aren't that good
    I don't know why you would think that, your thread is pretty good.

Some guilds would take the permanent stat increases, no matter how small they are, as a requirement.

So Vanity items are fucking amazing.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Some guilds would take the permanent stat increases, no matter how small they are, as a requirement.

Pretty much.

Anything that could permanently affect your character's performance would be cool, but ultimately would hurt the game as people would feel those without it were disadvantaged for not having them.

The game must keep moving forward, and is thus why gear will never be permanent. When the game stagnates in progression is when people stop playing.

Vanity is really the only answer.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I feel satisfied playing this game to the extent I do - doing raids with my friends, collecting some vanity items here and there when I have the free time.

That's all that matters to me. So yeah, I'm good.

So, basically you want rewards to be permanent right, because currently they aren't, unless they are fun/cosmetic/toys etc.

So....how the hell do you play an MMO then?

One set of gear that just upgrades and upgrades and upgrades? Wow, let's totally go against the entire idea of an MMO...

Progression.

Something permanent, upgradable or not, isn't progression.

You get gear, it gets replaced, you level up, that becomes low level, you gain stats, you lose stats, it's what an MMO is.

Gear SHOULD be useless in a new expansion, it's...new...content, the closest and best thing they could do, they have, adding the Ahead of the Curve achieves to "prove" your rate of progression, and the Heirlooms that reward you for killing a boss that lasts the entire levelling process of the next expansion, for the first time ever.

Permanent and MMO don't go together if it effects game play, it just doesn't, it's part of the package and the attraction to an extent, there is no true game over. Mounts etc, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    So, basically you want rewards to be permanent right, because currently they aren't, unless they are fun/cosmetic/toys etc.

So....how the hell do you play an MMO then?

One set of gear that just upgrades and upgrades and upgrades? Wow, let's totally go against the entire idea of an MMO...

Progression.

Something permanent, upgradable or not, isn't progression.

You get gear, it gets replaced, you level up, that becomes low level, you gain stats, you lose stats, it's what an MMO is.

Gear SHOULD be useless in a new expansion, it's...new...content, the closest and best thing they could do, they have, adding the Ahead of the Curve achieves to "prove" your rate of progression, and the Heirlooms that reward you for killing a boss that lasts the entire levelling process of the next expansion, for the first time ever.

Permanent and MMO don't go together if it effects game play, it just doesn't, it's part of the package and the attraction to an extent, there is no true game over. Mounts etc, of course.
    You mistake your opinion for fact, that's why everything you just said makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Pretty much.

Anything that could permanently affect your character's performance would be cool, but ultimately would hurt the game as people would feel those without it were disadvantaged for not having them.

The game must keep moving forward, and is thus why gear will never be permanent. When the game stagnates in progression is when people stop playing.

Vanity is really the only answer.
    Depends on what the effected performance boost was about. Ex. gathering herbs faster isn't mandatory or a game changer, but it is a performance upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post

Ofc if it was something that made your character have a edge in competitive game play, but if they implemented something new that wasn't a necessity for min/max players then it would not be a requirement.
    Yes, some vanity items are cool such as transmog and maybe a couple of mounts i guess :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid for the challenge, not for the rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I don't know why you would think that, your thread is pretty good.
    Thanks dude!
    I think so because i would imagine Blizz has the worlds best developers/designers, compared to me without a degree or xp, XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii View Post
    I tihnk the Challenge mode dungeons was a good step in the right direction. So was Brawlers guild. I'd like to see more of it in the future.. I don't really know what else you think raiding should offer.. They can't reward raiders with items that will stay good forever so
    Yes, i agree with you on the first part

10+ Year Old Account
    While its still a legitimate complaint, the fact is that WoW still offers the best and largest end game content.
    Go try and find something better out there in the market. Most mmos in the last years don't even have raids or they have just some minimum crap dungeons thrown at you for an excuse of end game.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If they fix the PvP CC issues this won't be a problem as more people will enjoy it again, and it rarely gets stale (when you're not spending 75% of your time in CC )

Well, its always been the "grease" that fills any time I ever have when I'm bored (read: can't decide which of the things I want to do most ;p)
    You're doing it wrong apparently. If you're cc 75% then arguably someone is not 100% of the time you're in that 75%

Deleted
    You want a different game.

The heroic raid is the ultimate content for any given patch. If you finish it and fill out your best in slot, you're done. If your whole guild is best in slot, you're best off dropping your sub until new content arrives. Play some other games. There's no need for anything else unless you desperately need the 0.5% to be continually subbed.

There is such a thing as too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yygers View Post
    This is just my opinion, but i think it is sad that a game like WoW offers almost no progression after you completed main quests, raids, professions, (you get the point), in other words the state MoP is in now.
    The only real thing we can keep as a PERMANENT REWARD are the VANITY ITEMS, except a few, (pets, mounts, items, SoO Looms, transmog), meaby gold for some, and this makes me a bit sad that a huge game like WoW has nothing more to offer, and for many these "things" are useless!.

Players put so much effort & grind in acquiring the current "top" items, witch renders almost useless after the current patch/expansion has passed.
    Come on Blizz, VANITY ITEMS, srsly?

Edit: I think many voters vote YES on the poll because they have poured so much money in to their mounts & other vanity items. The poll was meant to be targeted at rewards you get in game, not things you buy with real money, sry for not clarifying that in the poll!
    but then what would be the point of an expansion, if you just keep everything you already have, then there would be no point in raiding frequently because there's no gear to get. essentially, you're advocating killing the game... good call

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    main quests, raids, professions, achievements, brawlers, pvp, roleplaying. You mean the game?
    This is my take to the things too.
    Mention another game that actually have some reward afterwards that is meaningfull, everlasting and doesn't end up making you plain out bored because you have the best even before the expansion hits? >.>
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    This is my take to the things too.
    Mention another game that actually have some reward afterwards that is meaningfull, everlasting and doesn't end up making you plain out bored because you have the best even before the expansion hits? >.>
    ^This seems to imply that Blizzard should wait till someone does long term progression better than they currently do before even trying.

Why are people so focused on these permanent advantages being along Blizzard's current axis of power progression. If you think more along the lines of things like the vendor mounts/pets or the removal of certain requirements or conditions in other ways, you could probably come up with a few more interesting ideas than simply rejecting anything that isn't currently happening.

Simply browse the various suggestions people make, and consider which of these suggestions would make a better permanent reward rather than a permanent change to the basic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Progression.
    I thought the entire idea of an MMO was that it's a really big multiplayer game and you can do big cool things with all your friends.

How do you play an MMO without clawing for the Next Best Piece of Gear? I dunno, maybe you sandbox it up, or you use it as a social platform, or you have fun playing PvP or PvE content. When did MMOs suddenly = GRIND DEM GEARS?

Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    but then what would be the point of an expansion, if you just keep everything you already have, then there would be no point in raiding frequently because there's no gear to get. essentially, you're advocating killing the game... good call
    I dunno maybe an expansion should like. Expand on the game. Other games don't need power progression to expand their gameplay, and MMOs are no exception.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    Actually read the post before replying next time, will you? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    You want a different game.

The heroic raid is the ultimate content for any given patch. If you finish it and fill out your best in slot, you're done. If your whole guild is best in slot, you're best off dropping your sub until new content arrives. Play some other games. There's no need for anything else unless you desperately need the 0.5% to be continually subbed.

There is such a thing as too much.
    Read the OP again, try to understand the text, and reply a relevant answer next time, ty!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I thought the entire idea of an MMO was that it's a really big multiplayer game and you can do big cool things with all your friends.

How do you play an MMO without clawing for the Next Best Piece of Gear? I dunno, maybe you sandbox it up, or you use it as a social platform, or you have fun playing PvP or PvE content. When did MMOs suddenly = GRIND DEM GEARS?

I dunno maybe an expansion should like. Expand on the game. Other games don't need power progression to expand their gameplay, and MMOs are no exception.
    Man has some good points here.

I liked getting stuff when it was only available at the time!

the Immortal title!? Yup! the titles from TBC attunements! OF COURSE! I wish they had more flashy things though, that show off "I didnt go back when I could solo it and get it then" They are doing that with the korkron wolf for heroic mode and stuff achieves, but like a tabard or something.