Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Time to Remove FATIGUE

As a Paladin, I fly at 493%. I can comfortably fly across large masses of water and never gain full fatigue by the time I reach the other side. I think it is time to remove fatigue and allow for trans-oceanic flights. Bascially you would fly out to the edge of the water, and select the continent you want to reach. Then, the loading screen comes, just like for the boats, and when you zone in, you come in on the water's edge facing that continent.

Boats would still be viable for lowbies, or people who hate flying, and flight from SW to Kalimdor would make exploration a much more real thing. Also, no more really having to wait on boats to get to Northrend. We just need:

Tome of Oceanic Flight
    Single Use
    4000g (same as the 310% luxury flight)
    Allows character to fly out over oceans toward other continents.
    Then, it would be completely optional, come with a cost, and not interfere with anyone else's game-play. In addition, it would be nice to do a world map move from zone to zone. Mount up, pick a spot in another zone, right click again, and select "Fly Here". Would allow the user to use their own mount and mount speed to get where they are going without needing to use an FP or staying in the same window and watching the autorun/flight. We already have the ability to use a mouse click to move in the features, this would simply expand that feature to the world map rather than just line of sight.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok can we remove battle fatigue aswell and balance/scale classes?

OT

Cool idea, would be more of a move when they put something in so we can explore other islands out there aswell!

Deleted
    how exactly would it make exploration a "more real thing" if it just simply uses a loading screen like the boats?

Deleted
    I love the idea, we wouldn't be able to do it in real time though as each continent is its own instance.

No thanks. Fine how it is.

Maybe one day we'll see all of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, the Maelstrom and Pandaria linked together instead of being on 4 different servers, but I don't think that day is any time soon.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    What? How would this make exploration a much more real thing?

I really don't see the point of doing this. At all. When you have an entire slew of things to fix, like a stagnant 10 year old system that needs to be revamped (WoD inc!) - Then why would this REMOTELY be a priority? At all? In any sense?

Why would they expand on the old world when we're focusing on going to NEW worlds.. instead of just being in the same old flying across giant bodies of water. It's borderline meaningless. In every respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    how exactly would it make exploration a "more real thing" if it just simply uses a loading screen like the boats?
    Rather than waiting for a boat to head to Kalimdor, you could simply fly there. No more need to use the boat unless you were already in Booty Bay or Menethil Harbor. Also, for those of us who would rather fly everywhere, it would prevent the need to Hearth to the shrine, then hearth to the major city on that continent, or somewhere close, and then fly all the way wherever we were going.

I could mount up in SW, fly due west, hit a loading screen and then fly right into Theramore. From there, RFK and RFD are just a stone's throw for farming gear. Or, head north to Orgrimmar and start some static at the front gate. Raiding cities would be so much easier if we could just fly right across the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    I love the idea, we wouldn't be able to do it in real time though as each continent is its own instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Maybe one day we'll see all of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, the Maelstrom and Pandaria linked together instead of being on 4 different servers, but I don't think that day is any time soon.
    Which is kinda why I recommended keeping the loading screens, at least for the moment. We could do the same thing flying from Rut Theran over to Darnassus. One little loading screen and voila! No more having to wait for a boat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No thanks. Fine how it is.
    I expected nothing less from a lemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Rather than waiting for a boat to head to Kalimdor, you could simply fly there. No more need to use the boat unless you were already in Booty Bay or Menethil Harbor. Also, for those of us who would rather fly everywhere, it would prevent the need to Hearth to the shrine, then hearth to the major city on that continent, or somewhere close, and then fly all the way wherever we were going.

I could mount up in SW, fly due west, hit a loading screen and then fly right into Theramore. From there, RFK and RFD are just a stone's throw for farming gear. Or, head north to Orgrimmar and start some static at the front gate. Raiding cities would be so much easier if we could just fly right across the water.
    Actually that wouldn't work. Do you think both Kalimdor and EK are loaded at the same time? No, they're instances just like dungeons. You'd need a loading screen somewhere in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could mount up in SW, fly due west, hit a loading screen and then fly right into Theramore.
    I like the idea, I just hope there wouldn't be a need for loading screens. The only things which should require a loading screen are instanced zones, like raids, dungeons and Outland.

I would prefer that they just remove the extra flying speed from pallys and DKs.

I think there would be far too much work involved for the tiny effect it would have on gameplay.

They'd have to join two instances, create an ocean big enough to feel like you are travelling over a realistic size, increasing load, game size, alsorts, for little benefit. The way the game is coded is may even be near impossible for Azeroth.

It's easy enough now to just Stormwind > Fly to Booty Bay > Boat, or Dalaran > CoT for Tanaris > Fly to Theramore or any of the various portals actually tbh.

The only thing I'd like is boats to be maybe a minute or so more often, but it's just a minor inconvenience not gamebreaking.

I also don't see how flying over an empty ocean with the tiny Maelstrom with nothing of interesting in it, would give any sense of exploration or make people actually fly than get the boat(s).

These days we have a 15 min hearth, a 2hr Cloak directly to Stormwind, and the Inn Keepers Daughter as well, not sure if there is more as well, this plus portals and boats, travel has never been easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Then why would this REMOTELY be a priority? At all? In any sense?
    A. It's not a priority, it is a suggestion. Identifying the difference is a start.

B. The "new world" we are going too will only last as long as the next expac after that. The old world is a full time constant. Transmog runs, pet battles, world PvP, farming, etc.

C. It is an expansion of the old world which should have happened in Cata, allowing us to fly out to the malestrom and see it firsthand, but instead became a phased moment before we dive into Deepholm.

I am merely tossing an idea out. People need to stop flying off the handle like Chicken little and assuming I am demanding Blizz to devote all new time and resources to making this happen. This is more of a "I wish..." rather than a necessity.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no reason to allow it. Also for those who want to reach another continent quickly without waiting for boats...there are portals to most places. If you ever need to reach Kalimdor from Stormwind without waiting for boat you just take the portal to Uldum or you Hearthstone if it is set there. Most have their Hearthstones set at the new hub which include Portals to all other major cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    What? How would this make exploration a much more real thing?

I really don't see the point of doing this. At all. When you have an entire slew of things to fix, like a stagnant 10 year old system that needs to be revamped (WoD inc!) - Then why would this REMOTELY be a priority? At all? In any sense?

Why would they expand on the old world when we're focusing on going to NEW worlds.. instead of just being in the same old flying across giant bodies of water. It's borderline meaningless. In every respect.
    It wouldn't make exploration a real thing. The "I wanna explore!" tagline is used by people who mean something else: I want to hit a button and go where I want instead of waiting for a boat, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I like the idea, I just hope there wouldn't be a need for loading screens. The only things which should require a loading screen are instanced zones, like raids, dungeons and Outland.
    Unfortunately, all continents are on their own servers and are actually instances themselves, which is why boats and portals have loading screens.

Deleted
    no
    Fatigue stops you from getting to areas of the game your not meant to be in.

No, it would make flight more convenient. It wouldn't make those things easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't make exploration a real thing. The "I wanna explore!" tagline is used by people who mean something else: I want to hit a button and go where I want instead of waiting for a boat, etc.
    Well then, it is a good thing I never used that tagline. And, also helps that I already have my title and tabard from a long time ago. I just want to hit a button and not have to wait for a boat.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it would make flight more convenient. It wouldn't make those things easier.
    You seem to conclude "ease" and "convenience" are mutually exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think for a bit why there is a loading screen when changing continents..