Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/
    New PC updates for Battlefield 4

2 hours ago 248 97

Today (December 9) we’re rolling out a new server update and a game update for Battlefield 4 on PC, starting at 11AM UTC. This will address issues such as server/client crashes, collision bugs, and frame rate drops. All details can be found in the links below. As a result of these updates, Battlefield 4 multiplayer on PC will be unavailable for a few hours starting 11AM UTC.
    Learn more about the server update
    Learn more about the game update.

As always, you will find all the latest updates on Battlefield 4 stability in the
    Control Room.

Going to play some myself to see if it helped.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone keeps saying they won't buy games from EA anymore. EA had nothing to do with this game except for forcing the early release. The game was created by DICE, and I think they have done a phenomenal job with the pressure they are put under by EA. This is the exact reason why Star Citizen tried to raise so much money, so they wouldn't have to put up with this BS.

I have over 100 hours already in BF4 and I've enjoyed every minute of it. This isn't an 8bit strategy game, of course there are bugs, this game is innovative, and has pushed so far beyond every other game in terms of graphics and code, to expect perfection is ridiculous. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower" - Steve Jobs. DICE is a leader not just in Battlefield, but in games to come, they are setting the path for the future of gaming. Pretty much every game I've ever played at some point had a competitor where you could say "I'm going to quit this and go to this." But where can you go instead of battlefield? There is no game like it, not even close.

They are obviously working hard to fix the problems, They are pushing out updates as fast as they can.
    Here is todays update:

Dec 9 PC Game Update Notes
    Shot behind cover when changing stance
    Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.

We have also increased the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance (the first person camera was too low when crouching and moving, resulting in that you had a poor representation of how much of your soldier that was actually out of cover.)

-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
    -Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
    -Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
    -Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
    -Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
    -Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
    -Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
    -Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
    -Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-12-09 at 02:50 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Everyone keeps saying they won't buy games from EA anymore. EA had nothing to do with this game except for forcing the early release. The game was created by DICE, and I think they have done a phenomenal job with the pressure they are put under by EA. This is the exact reason why Star Citizen tried to raise so much money, so they wouldn't have to put up with this BS.

I have over 100 hours already in BF4 and I've enjoyed every minute of it. This isn't an 8bit strategy game, of course there are bugs, this game is innovative, and has pushed so far beyond every other game in terms of graphics and code, to expect perfection is ridiculous. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower" - IDon'tRememberWhoSaidThat. DICE is a leader not just in Battlefield, but in games to come, they are setting the path for the future of gaming. Pretty much every game I've ever played at some point had a competitor where you could say "I'm going to quit this and go to this." But where can you go instead of battlefield? There is no game like it, not even close.

They are obviously working hard to fix the problems, They are pushing out updates as fast as they can.
    Here is todays update:

That would be Steve jobs
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    That would be Steve jobs
    Thank you, I fixed it.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I have over 100 hours already in BF4 and I've enjoyed every minute of it. This isn't an 8bit strategy game, of course there are bugs, this game is innovative, and has pushed so far beyond every other game in terms of graphics and code, to expect perfection is ridiculous. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower" - Steve Jobs. DICE is a leader not just in Battlefield, but in games to come, they are setting the path for the future of gaming. Pretty much every game I've ever played at some point had a competitor where you could say "I'm going to quit this and go to this." But where can you go instead of battlefield? There is no game like it, not even close.

Here is todays update:
    You missed the mark.

I dont mind innovation, I play FPS to shoot at people so as long as the game has juicy graphics and solid gameplay, I'm sold. But the game is so buggy it ruins my enjoyment to the point I call it quit out of frustration. Crashes. Crashes. And more crashes. I thought I had endured BF3 release, I could ve done the same to BF4's. Too bad, it was not the usual amount of bugs you encounter in a big game, it wass beyond anyone's expectation (even though its DICE we are talking about here).

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I love the game, except for the part where I have a 24% win percentage. I mean, I get that it's just random luck and all, but when you go 10-15 matches in a day and lose every single one, it gets infuriating. The only reason I have 24% is because of 10 or so wins on my first day. As of the past week, I've only won 3 total. I guess I'm a statistical miracle, in the worst way.
    Happened to me earlier on in release (though I was hardly able to play because of crashes for two weeks), as long as at least some people on my team are team players I might stick it out, otherwise I'll leave the server. Auto-balance has always been awful and won't fix shit and stacked teams generally won't change unless a ton of people leave between matches allowing new players to come in or if the good squad of players that are carrying the other team (as is what usually happens) is nice and switches.
    They should add some bonus points to the losing team, BF3 always gave you a little bit for trying I think but it sucks when you miss out on 1,500 points every time because you keep losing.

The stat they really need to get rid of is skill, though. I know it's just an epeen and I don't even pay attention to it anymore but it's pretty stupid. Like, I could kill the five best players in the world in one clip and get my skill raised by 300 but then get run over by a level one noob in a tank two seconds later and lose 500 skill instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    You missed the mark.

I dont mind innovation, I play FPS to shoot at people so as long as the game has juicy graphics and solid gameplay, I'm sold. But the game is so buggy it ruins my enjoyment to the point I call it quit out of frustration. Crashes. Crashes. And more crashes. I thought I had endured BF3 release, I could ve done the same to BF4's. Too bad, it was not the usual amount of bugs you encounter in a big game, it wass beyond anyone's expectation (even though its DICE we are talking about here).
    You say it was not the usual amount of bugs you encounter in a big game. What other big game are you talking about? COD? my point was there is nothing to compare this too, there is no big game like it.

They have fixed a whole lot of the actual serious bugs, I don't think there are any game breaking ones still in game. And they have also fixed the majority of crashes. I haven't had a server crashes in weeks, and I haven't had a game crash mid game in weeks either. The only crash I have had was in the loading screen transitioning from 1 map to another, and even that is rare. Maybe I'm just really lucky, I don't know, but it seems to me like DICE is doing a great job cleaning up the buggy mess that BF4 originally was on release.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-12-10 at 03:13 PM.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account

They have fixed a whole lot of the actual serious bugs, I don't think there are any game breaking ones still in game.
    They really haven't. Crashes still occur fairly often, and as a ex hardcore fps fan i want my bullets to hit when they should, being killed around corners and having terrible hit reg is extremely serious. It doesn't matter for the shitty players that drive around in tanks all day or run around aimlessly, but as someone who enjoys skill in fps games it's currently horrible to play, if not the worst fps i've played in a while in terms of the actual gameplay (until it gets fixed ofc).

The game is great, if the game worked properly it would be amazing. The part that bugs me the most is the hit reg, i do not like getting fucked over when i shouldn't be.

Sure they're fixing stuff quickly, but most of this shit should have been fixed on release but EA pushed for the game to be released quickly, which in turn fucked us all over.

You say it was not the usual amount of bugs you encounter in a big game. What other big game are you talking about? COD? my point was there is nothing to compare this too, there is no big game like it.

They have fixed a whole lot of the actual serious bugs, I don't think there are any game breaking ones still in game. And they have also fixed the majority of crashes. I haven't had a server crashes in weeks, and I haven't had a game crash mid game in weeks either. The only crash I have had was in the loading screen transitioning from 1 map to another, and even that is rare. Maybe I'm just really lucky, I don't know, but it seems to me like DICE is doing a great job cleaning up the buggy mess that BF4 originally was on release.
    Battlefield 3, its very predecessor. It did have bugs but mostly server-related, I could play fairly smooth after the first month of the game. Or Battlefield Bad company 2, also very playable after the first few patches. Yet BF4 still crashes on me - in fact its been frozen twice in 30 mins. Granted its an improvement compared to last week (3 crashes in 25m LOL) but it still frustrating, esp. when I know will I lost everything: score, KDR, badges etc. if I rejoin the same server, where 7-8 friends of mine are in.

I dont know you, but I play with ~10 friends on TeamSpeak all the time, and their games crash as frequently as mine. Its hilarious and sad at the same time when you call out for help only get a reply "no you on your own I crashed again".

There must be a reason people get so mad at every battlelog news update - just have a look at comment section.

This sort of incompetency is around the level of CA with their latest Rome 2. But fortunately for DICE, at least their game concept works - Rome 2 was a gameplay design failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    They really haven't. Crashes still occur fairly often, and as a ex hardcore fps fan i want my bullets to hit when they should, being killed around corners and having terrible hit reg is extremely serious. It doesn't matter for the shitty players that drive around in tanks all day or run around aimlessly, but as someone who enjoys skill in fps games it's currently horrible to play, if not the worst fps i've played in a while in terms of the actual gameplay (until it gets fixed ofc).

The game is great, if the game worked properly it would be amazing. The part that bugs me the most is the hit reg, i do not like getting fucked over when i shouldn't be.

Sure they're fixing stuff quickly, but most of this shit should have been fixed on release but EA pushed for the game to be released quickly, which in turn fucked us all over.
    Hit reg is improved over BF3. Most of the hit reg issues in BF4 seem to be latency related *in my experience*. For example, a couple times now I've retreated around a corner or behind cover to die a good half second later to someone who I'm no longer in LoS of. I was also crashing quite a bit before but I had my SLI turned off in game for some reason and as soon as I fixed that, it hasn't crashed since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Battlefield 3, its very predecessor. It did have bugs but mostly server-related, I could play fairly smooth after the first month of the game. Or Battlefield Bad company 2, also very playable after the first few patches. Yet BF4 still crashes on me - in fact its been frozen twice in 30 mins. Granted its an improvement compared to last week (3 crashes in 25m LOL) but it still frustrating, esp. when I know will I lost everything: score, KDR, badges etc. if I rejoin the same server, where 7-8 friends of mine are in.

I dont know you, but I play with ~10 friends on TeamSpeak all the time, and their games crash as frequently as mine. Its hilarious and sad at the same time when you call out for help only get a reply "no you on your own I crashed again".

There must be a reason people get so mad at every battlelog news update - just have a look at comment section.

This sort of incompetency is around the level of CA with their latest Rome 2. But fortunately for DICE, at least their game concept works - Rome 2 was a gameplay design failure.
    Frankly I only get crashes on Shanghai anymore... even if they say they fixed the sound loop crash on Dec 16... they haven't I still get it just as often... but like I said, only on shanghai... so I guess I'll just steer clear of Shanghai ... the China Rising maps work wonderfully... and they seem to have fixed some of the lag too at least for me... I'm having much better packet loss than before... usedto be up to 25... now it's 5-10 tops...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Frankly I only get crashes on Shanghai anymore... even if they say they fixed the sound loop crash on Dec 16... they haven't I still get it just as often... but like I said, only on shanghai... so I guess I'll just steer clear of Shanghai ... the China Rising maps work wonderfully... and they seem to have fixed some of the lag too at least for me... I'm having much better packet loss than before... usedto be up to 25... now it's 5-10 tops...
    Problem is, crashes are a lot less then they use to be, but they added the death animation bug, which kills you at low percentage HP now, which is arguably more frustrating then crashing. They do not do any form of testing before they release these patches, playing for 10 minutes would have shown them the death animation, it happens to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cave in Guilan Rising still drops my fps in half. I get 60+ fps on every map, anywhere except in the cave. I drop to 38. Seems to be an issue for everyone else and has been around since it's release.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Last mission is awesome where you can have 3 choices to end.

So i just got the game and every MP server i join people skip around and i rubber band around like my ping is in the thousands. But my latency is at 70 and my fps is north of 80 most of the time. Tried other games including BF3 and i play just fine so it seems to be a BF4 issue. My only question is there a fix? ( already turned network smoothing down to zero) and if not does DICE even acknowledge its a issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    So i just got the game and every MP server i join people skip around and i rubber band around like my ping is in the thousands. But my latency is at 70 and my fps is north of 80 most of the time. Tried other games including BF3 and i play just fine so it seems to be a BF4 issue. My only question is there a fix? ( already turned network smoothing down to zero) and if not does DICE even acknowledge its a issue?
    Turn network smoothing up instead. You should only turn it down if you have a good connection.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I love the game, except for the part where I have a 24% win percentage. I mean, I get that it's just random luck and all, but when you go 10-15 matches in a day and lose every single one, it gets infuriating. The only reason I have 24% is because of 10 or so wins on my first day. As of the past week, I've only won 3 total. I guess I'm a statistical miracle, in the worst way.
    Wow, that is extremely bad luck right there. I'm a pretty mediocre, if not worse, player, but I manage to have a 60% w/l. Not top of the line, but considering how bad I am I still have had a lot of luck with groups.

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderh1014 View Post
    Last mission is awesome where you can have 3 choices to end.
    I had a serious "wtf" moment there. It was kind of obvious there were multiple endings, but I just found it amusing that because of my procastrination I actually destroyed the big ship.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-12-24 at 07:31 PM.

The hit reg over here isnt as bad as you people make it seem (Australia)

Its not perfect by any means but its not terrible either. Though you still get those wtf moments where you empty a clip into someone and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Turn network smoothing up instead. You should only turn it down if you have a good connection.
    Tried and it had no change in the issue. From what i am reading Dice is aware of the issue and it seems to be random who it does it too. Could be a issue their code has with ISP,My Router or net card who knows. Sadly i will have to wait for them to fix it as it was lower on their too do list as it wasn't as wide spread as some other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    Tried and it had no change in the issue. From what i am reading Dice is aware of the issue and it seems to be random who it does it too. Could be a issue their code has with ISP,My Router or net card who knows. Sadly i will have to wait for them to fix it as it was lower on their too do list as it wasn't as wide spread as some other issues.
    BF4 is extremely buggy and they are constanly releasing updates to try and fix all the crashing and smooth out the game play. They've actually haulted production on all other expansions (they were on a 3 month cycle) until they fix the game as it is now.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel