Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Did pet battles take off?

Do we have statistics about people that went 25lvl and keep enjoying it? I don't mean achievement hoarders, those will do it even if they hate their life.

here's my statistics: I love everything about pet battles except that fucking celestial tournament that doesn't let me heal. 100% of the checking factss love pet battles.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Do we have statistics about people that went 25lvl and keep enjoying it? I don't mean achievement hoarders, those will do it even if they hate their life.
    Such a statistic would need to be a poll to differentiate between the two types you mentioned.
    And you're only going to get positive answers from the aforementioned type anyway, not the achievement hunters who hate them.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I started off loving them and felt things were nice and worked great with the trainer fights but with the addition of the bosses and stuff I lost interest as they were so tightly tuned that it also fell into the MMO min/max thing as it's constantly touted how certain combos win and everything else just loses.

Pet battles are fun. But the endgame is all too much about exploiting certain combos, not that fun.

Celestial tournament isn't remotely fair, don't like it.
    As a guildie of mine said after wiping for hours: "I have to win this THREE TIMES to get a reward?! Hell no!"
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Pet battles are great :]
    I wish the PvP pet battling was not anonymous tho, this was a terribly bad call. If you wish to stay anonymous you can always use alt.
    There should be option to show real player model and name.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know quite many who enjoyes their pet battles, and still hunts it actively. Some having 30+ lvl 25 pets as they see it fun while waiting for raids, or just to casually level pets/chars.

I, myself, love it. Though, I only have 5 lvl 25 pets - still love it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hate pet battles and know many more people that hate pet battles than like them. I also know plenty of people that will do them only because they're achievement hounds and they go after every achievement, even if they detest what they have to do to complete one.

I used to be the number one person on Warcraftpets.com (for unique pets across multiple characters, back before MoP) and when they changed ranking to include leveling pets, I gave up. I won't do PvP pet battles, and I haven't done any Timeless Isle boss pet battles - I don't even have all the Timeless Isle wild battle pets.

It might have been fun to do on the odd occasion if it weren't grindy as heck, and if it weren't for all the min-maxing.

I don't know anyone who still really enjoys them. Personally my goal was to defeat the celestial tournament once and get the pet. Once did that I never bothered with dailies or with the tournament again.

As far as PvP pet battles go, I think they were a complete failure. I did exactly enough of them to get the direhorn and then never again. No matchmaking, extreme rng and very little balance resulting in very OP comps make up for an unpleasant environment that only newbies and OP abusers actually enjoy.

I started doing it while waiting for lfd/lfr queues to pop, got hooked and now actively collect (and level) pets.
    This is how it went for most people I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    It might have been fun to do on the odd occasion if it weren't grindy as heck, and if it weren't for all the min-maxing.
    I think they're fun and unlike the above I don't play them unless I feel like it and I don't sweat getting pets to 25 in a rush. They need to do something about balancing at end game but overall I still like them. Grind anything long enough and you'll eventually end up disliking it or at the least not caring about it. Players should learn just to take a longer view of things and not rush. It's more fun and just as rewarding.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

People must love it - I am at around 100k in sales from selling 27 pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has stated that the most popular feature of Mists of Pandaria is pet battling, which they stated surprised them. So, I would say that pet battles took off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    which they stated surprised them
    I wonder if they were unaware of just how much of their playerbase grew up on pokemon. Their devs are just old enough to have missed it as children, so they may have underestimated players' fascination with the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Blizzard has stated that the most popular feature of Mists of Pandaria is pet battling, which they stated surprised them. So, I would say that pet battles took off.
    And some people were swearing black and blue that Pet Battles would be the Dance Studio of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy them on a casual level.. waiting for a que, bored after VP capping.. I go do some pet battles. Don't take them too seriously which makes it all the more enjoyable.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    But the endgame is all too much about exploiting certain combos, not that fun.
    This, i lvled 3 pets to 25 myself just doing it for the achis basicly but really got bored with it after that

10+ Year Old Account
    I play them, very very much - but I don't enjoy them. Inb4 "Why do them if you don't enjoy them!"

Because I love collecting shit, and they're a very quantifiable method of collecting shit. I dunno, that's just how I am, I guess. I find it to be a very hands-off, frustrating, watered-down version of Pokemon (strangely enough). I think there's several things they can do to make them less depressing, but no, we all know that's not going to happen.

Horrible feature in my opinion.

I do have to accept the fact that it's a successful feature for some people, and a huge time sink for those interested in it. Well played by Blizzard... but not my cup of tea.

The highest I got a pet to was level 12 then I stopped doing it. I just have no interest in spending time on it but I know some of my friends love them.