different resolutions but same size monitors?

I just recently got a 2nd monitor for my setup and the new monitor seems to not be using the full screen even though it's set to 1920x1080. It's a 23.6 inch led asus monitor. My old monitor has no problem but my first one doesn't extend all the way. I tried right clicking on the desktop and selecting resolution it doesn't seem to work. If I lower it to a lower resolution, it changes but the icons get all big and shit. How do I fix this?

I am running dual monitors.
    Last edited by Traxex9080; 2013-12-25 at 03:49 AM.

What is the model# of the new monitor?

edit: Looks like all the models in that size-range are all 1080p screens. Have you tried changing the resolution from your video card's control center(Catalyst or Nvidia control panel) and what card do you have?
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-12-25 at 03:55 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Model #: VS247

- - - Updated - - -

There's about a 1 inch border around the entire thing. The part above my search tabs, obviously http://imgur.com/1p9oyNG

- - - Updated - - -

I have an HIS amd radeon hd 7850. And yes I have tried changing it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its an AMD card go into the Catalyst Control Center, click My Digital Flat-Panels then click on Scaling options. Make sure the slider is all the way to the right by Overscan above 0%.

Thank you so much. That fixed it. Much appreciated and merry christmas :]

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    Model #: VS247

- - - Updated - - -

There's about a 1 inch border around the entire thing. The part above my search tabs, obviously http://imgur.com/1p9oyNG

Can you get into the menu via the controls on the panel and does it have a "zoom" or "stretch" sort of adjustment? Have you tried using the new panel in the same output slot as the old panel and see if the black-bars still happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    If its an AMD card go into the Catalyst Control Center, click My Digital Flat-Panels then click on Scaling options. Make sure the slider is all the way to the right by Overscan above 0%.
    Why would something like that be enabled in the first place o.O
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Can you get into the menu via the controls on the panel and does it have a "zoom" or "stretch" sort of adjustment? Have you tried using the new panel in the same output slot as the old panel and see if the black-bars still happen?

Why would something like that be enabled in the first place o.O
    Beats me. It made me go crazy for like 4 hours and almost return a monitor.

Glad it worked Traxex9080.