Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the process of leveling my second monk on a different realm and I have to say that, just like the first time I was leveling a monk, it's extremely boring. It'll most likely get much better after level 56, which is when you get Rising Sun Kick, but so far it's been really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    This is why you go brewmaster till 56 and keg smash is your rising sun kick till then.
    I could've leveled as a mistweaver monk as well, but I'm a Windwalker Monk by heart.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-12-27 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I'm in the process of leveling my second monk on a different realm and I have to say that, just like the first time I was leveling a monk, it's extremely boring. It'll most likely get much better after level 56, which is when you get Rising Sun Kick, but so far it's been really boring.
    This is why you go brewmaster till 56 and keg smash is your rising sun kick till then.

(both tanks) Warrior for me. Its less predictable and more aggressive. Warrior uses constant attacks to fill the rage bar to keep SB up. Monk feels more like an active mitigation dance.

Deleted
    Play both as tanks. My warrior's hardest hitting ability is awesome. Shield Slam has the perfect sound (although a more explicit animation would be nice). My monk? Keg smash just looks stupid. You have your eye on the UI too much which makes it hectic enough to render more active situations (busy bosses, large pulls) a pain in the backside.

Warrior is just so much nicer. I am not watching my buttons, I am watching the fights, reacting to the crap the levelling dps get themselves into, hitting block and barrier at the right times (rather than getting stressed making sure shuffle is going to remain up if I use my purification at the right time). Warrior priority feels better as it is about rage generation and whether or not the next attack is going to be magic or physical; monk priority too often ends up in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

As this thread is about levelling more so, I should add that monk felt great with easy content as it was more involved and stopped the boredom setting in. It just becomes stressful enough (for me) in more complicated fights to lose most of the fun that you can have with it. Having said that, when relevelling warrior recently, I really had a lot of fun and it allows you to concentrate on the battlefield far more than a monk does.

If they got rid of monk mitigation being visible only on the UI and gave the character something that showed what the mitigation was and maybe coloured it to give an idea how much longer was left it would be much better.

Edit: making shuffle have a longer duration would fix most of this. It takes a long time to build it to it's longest duration and allow freer use of chi spenders for other mitigation. I think it should feel more like a top up buff to make it more enjoyable. I think doubling the time each blackout kick grants would fix it a lot (for me, not necessarily balance, but enjoyment).
    Last edited by mmoc5ef6914e13; 2013-12-27 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Monk.

A genuine joy to level (unlike the DK which was only fun because it was so OP at the start of WOTLK!) full of neat survival abilities, exciting mechanics and cool animations.
    What's more is that you have to really work to get good DPS numbers (I've only played windwalker, as I'm not a tank and only heal on my priest). It's certainly not a class for arthritic fingers!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk, but only because of Brewmaster.

Brewmaster is probably the most enjoyable and satisfying melee spec in the game.