Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing a lifetime ago with games stored on audio cassettes. After a while i486 came and it all became easier: Prince, Dune, Wolfenstein 3D, etc.
    The most memorable games for me:

Fallout 2 -> great game; maybe the greatest.
    Lineage 2 -> my first MMO, Great PvP
    WoW -> was great.
    FF 13 and 13-2 -> good way to relax in the couch
    Heavy Rain -> nice try

I tried pretty much everything that looked appealing (PC & PS3), but so many games from the last decade are just... not for me.
    Currently I am waiting for Blade & Soul. Played PoE, good stuff, but in the end too much gambling / grinding (you will say "well yes, what did you expect"? and I could say: I expected less gambling...). re-tried to come back to GW2 only to uninstall after 1 day (lieing narrow-minded AN), etc. I'll stop here with the critics, I don't want to upset too many people.

I'm unable to find a decent game. I'm older now, and as some have said, things have changed.
    But still. It will be 2014 soon. We should be able to find a wider range of products/games now, that should cover a wider range of customers. The game devs should have a greater experience, better tools at their fingertips, etc.
    Oh well.
    Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year.

I'm not sure if it's age or what. The only game I've beaten this entire year was A Link Between Worlds. For whatever reason, most of the time I don't want to be assed enough to play a console game. Why? No idea. I pick up games and never finish them, or have games that are brand new that I haven't touched. I have games I got last Christmas that I have not even played at all.

Same goes for Anime but this is unrelated. I just have a harder time investing time and finishing things lately. I hate it. ))):

New games huh... gave up wow almost 2 years ago. Havent even tried any other game on pc or console after that. Everything seems boring and repetitive. Been playing lots candy crush and minion rush on my android phone though . They are addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    im tired zombie/alien/mutant/demon survival games which 2013 has had alot of

Deleted
    Well, I've had fun in Planetside 2, dota2, rift and warframe this past year. But the mmo-market is really stale this year, neverwinter got a launch with lots of people but how many lasted more than a month in that game? Been over 6 months and almost no updates since then. Biggest joke 2013, also Firefall came, saw, and fell.
    Next year wildstar and eso, greedy slime from devs mouths and we wont see any pure epicness there, but people will pay and try because of boredom.
    Archeage is still put in silence, will we ever see it happen?
    Im looking forward to magicka wizard wars, but will wait and see their f2p-model, hopefully not screwed up.
    I wanted to try smashmuck champions but read on their steam forum they got 38 people online peak hours... doesn't smell like a gaming hit.
    And we see millions buying games like binding of isaac... I dont understand.
    Well, well, warframe is fun and we got left 4 dead 2 for free =)

Yes, I do feel bored by new titles, unfortunatelly I know that when Elder Scrolls Online comes to us, I will be bored from the begining of my journey with it. The same for RoS. The only hope seems to be Heroes of the Storm by Blizzard, but time will tell, it's release may be soo far away, that I will get bored and lose my interest.

The problem of current games is that they are being hyped faaaar to early, so many people lose attraction and hype before the product is even released.

I would love to hear about a new game max 3 months before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of feel the same way. Almost every new title that comes out it's always some kind of shooter whether it's first person or third person and it's always ALWAYS a realistic, super serious, Hollywood-like game. It's just so annoying how games these days are trying to be more like Hollywood action movies instead of just being a video game. What happened to games like Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet and Clank and other awesome action-adventure/platforming games that had all kinds of gameplay elements in it like racing, shooting, and puzzles. Now all we get are shooters where its just shoot some guys, move on, cutscene, shoot some guys, move on, cut scene and it's this same formula over and over and it would only last for like 6 hours. Now when cool looking adventure games come out like Knack for the PS4, everybody bashes on it because the graphics are bad, it looks like a kiddie game, it looks boring, but when another Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Killzone comes out, it's the best game ever because there's blood and shooting and it's all mature. Also whenever we do get adventure/platforming games they're always just download games as if those kind of games don't deserve to have an actual release on disc and are now just considered "arcade" games.

I don't know, in general I just hate this generation of games and the new mentality of gamers anymore. Every game now has to have top notch graphics and it has to be a mature, gory, serious, Hollywood movie-game for it to be considered a good game. I'm not saying they're all bad there are a lot of cool games still but it's nothing like how it was back in the PS2/Gamecube days.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-12-27 at 07:04 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

To OP. i can feel u.
    For me atm i play again and again ff7 and ff8 for pc

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by "open yourself to them"? Does it mean that I should play games I don't enjoy and keep saying to myself that I'm just being nostalgic and, actually, these games are good?
    I mean that you should:
    a. try to understand why you disliked the games so you can improve your search for new games;
    b. play new games without this new-gen hate in your mind.

To mention one example, you complained about WoW being just "one shot mobs during 80 levels", and then you said that Diablo 2 was the best hack n slash since 2000. That cannot be your reason to dislike WoW, or you should dislike D2 too. The same goes for all games you mentioned.

"Skyrim sucks, it is boring!"
    "FPS sucks, Jedi Knight was good!"
    "Turn based games are for Down Syndrome kids!"
    It sounds like you have no idea why you dislike these games, you simply dislike them. If you have no reason to dislike them, you should start wondering what's your problem with modern games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    To mention one example, you complained about WoW being just "one shot mobs during 80 levels", and then you said that Diablo 2 was the best hack n slash since 2000. That cannot be your reason to dislike WoW, or you should dislike D2 too. The same goes for all games you mentioned.
    Why can't it be? Am I the only one who doesn't like playing with godmode on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't it be? Am I the only one who doesn't like playing with godmode on?
    Because Diablo 2 has this same flaw (mobs that die with one click) and you like it better than Devil May Cry and God of War, which don't have this "1-shots mobs" problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if its age or its the games. I think its both. As I have gotten older, I have found other things to be of more importance than games. This whole year, as I didn't go to school or worked as I was working on my self problems, I only played a few games; Guild Wars 2, Re-played Dark Souls, Animal Crossing New Moon, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Super Mario 3D land/World, Legend of Zelda ALBW. I personally believe it isn't the generation of games as I am sure developers have been trying to milk their franchises before as well, and looking back at this year, there have been some exceptional games out this year. It just depends on what "exceptional" means to you players.

Besides, I think wow fucked us all in the ass. I don't give a fucking crap what anyone says, but the social environment and the journey of wow was far beyond most games at the time. I found it to be extremely enjoyable until I finally quit the damn thing but yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    You people just need to find some decent games.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Honestly OP the games you mention don't even scratch the surface of what is available. There are some extraordinary games available for playing. Dark Souls, Metro, Xcom, Deus Ex, Dishonored, Rogue Legacy, Witcher 2, Borderlands 2 are just the ones I tried this year and was very satisfied with. I am sure there are many more that I haven't tried that would blow my mind as well.

My problem with gaming is that I simply don't have many hours available for gaming these days. There is plenty of very good stuff to play ... just not enough time.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    You people just need to find some decent games.
    Can't speak for everyone else, but the games I've played and still can't finish I found to all be really good. Don't think that's the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Can't speak for everyone else, but the games I've played and still can't finish I found to all be really good. Don't think that's the issue.
    Definitely not the issue for me. Minus a few games (just TLoU and Bioshock ∞ really) I've had troubles finishing great games. Grand Theft Auto V is an example of a fantastic game (albeit buggy) that I just can't seem to beat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Honestly OP the games you mention don't even scratch the surface of what is available. There are some extraordinary games available for playing. Dark Souls, Metro, Xcom, Deus Ex, Dishonored, Rogue Legacy, Witcher 2, Borderlands 2 are just the ones I tried this year and was very satisfied with. I am sure there are many more that I haven't tried that would blow my mind as well.

My problem with gaming is that I simply don't have many hours available for gaming these days. There is plenty of very good stuff to play ... just not enough time.
    Oh now you've gone and done it!!

*Goes away to install Deus Ex*

All i really want is a solid arena shooter that i can put a lot of hours into, like i used to do with quake 3 and unreal tournament, it's so much more satisfying to kill someone because you outplayed them rather than because you simply saw them first, as it is in current fps like cod.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    All i really want is a solid arena shooter that i can put a lot of hours into, like i used to do with quake 3 and unreal tournament, it's so much more satisfying to kill someone because you outplayed them rather than because you simply saw them first, as it is in current fps like cod.
    I've been greatly enjoying Mechwarrior: Online for that fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick of shooters, and multiplayer.