Anderson Silva Suffers Gruesome Leg Injury As Chris Weidman Defends Title At UFC 168

Pretty gruesome, watch at your own risk.

I was at a hooters last night watching when this happen. The whole place went crazy. Sucks for him, but entertaining for the masses I guess.

Deleted
    Blood for the blood god!

Walk it off, wuss!!

That just looks horrible, I would need all the morphines!!

Seen that happen in kick-boxing, too.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ how is that even possible? Then again, his legs are a bit skinny but GOD DAMN!!!!

damnnn this is awesome! pure entertainment

Deleted
    Saw the match, poor Anderson :/
    This is fairly common (well as common as such a thing can be in popular sports) in Muay Thai, fierce force of the attacker combined with the rockhard shinbone of the defender, and an unfortunate angle and position for the impact makes it snap like a twig. And yes more common to happen to the attacker than the defender.

Early stoppage IMO. The ref should have as LEAST let them finish out the round!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    Early stoppage IMO. The ref should have as LEAST let them finish out the round!
    Breaking both the tibia and fibia bones in your leg means you can't walk, and probably won't be able to for 6 months. The fibia bone is the worse one to break of the two, breaking both is a long long rehab program just to be able to walk. Case in point, NHL player Steven Stamkos broke his tibia bone after he fell and went feet first into a net, one of his legs drove almost straight into the post (and nets aren't exactly bolted to any surface), it has taken him a month just to be able to walk decently, he is probably still a month away from playing again and he has been out since early November.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Can happen surprisingly regularly in some contact sports. Seen it happen in Karate displays, kickboxing tourneys, even in football if they tackle badly.

Whilst serious and incredibly painful for the person, it is fixable. I wish him a speedy recovery though
    I saw it happen in boxing, I'll try to find it.

Once again watch at your own risk.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2013-12-30 at 12:11 AM.

When I saw that I cringed. Just look at how his leg rubberbands back after the kick.