Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

question about 13.1k breakpoint on my R druid

with the current gear i have, i'm currently sitting at 4k haste and thats with it reforged out of every single item i have, i was reading a guide that says at 540+ ilvl you should be able to go for the 13.2k haste breakpoint, can anyone point me in the direction on if i should do this? I've added it up and if i reforge all my gear back to haste ill be sitting at 6384 and that would be without reforging mastery to haste on some gear..i think i could reach it pretty easily, any help is appreciated, Or since i literally cannot get back down to 3043, maybe going for the 6k one? Keep in mind, i do love having alot of spirit lol ...also, im in the process of getting all of my stuff properly gemmed, enchanted, tinkered, i messed with mr robot and i edited it and with the change i will be around 12.5k spirit and 25% mastery with 13k haste, im gonna try it out. Thanks for your inputs in advance
    Last edited by ThirdeyeV2; 2013-12-26 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdeyeV2 View Post
    with the current gear i have, i'm currently sitting at 4k haste and thats with it reforged out of every single item i have, i was reading a guide that says at 540+ ilvl you should be able to go for the 13.2k haste breakpoint, can anyone point me in the direction on if i should do this? I've added it up and if i reforge all my gear back to haste ill be sitting at 6384 and that would be without reforging mastery to haste on some gear..i think i could reach it pretty easily, any help is appreciated, Or since i literally cannot get back down to 3043, maybe going for the 6k one? Keep in mind, i do love having alot of spirit lol ...also, im in the process of getting all of my stuff properly gemmed, enchanted, tinkered, i messed with mr robot and i edited it and with the change i will be around 12.5k spirit and 25% mastery with 13k haste, im gonna try it out. Thanks for your inputs in advance
    There are 2 questions you should ask yourself before going for 13k haste. Can you live with the lower amount of spirit? And can you reach the breakpoint without losing socket bonuses.

I made the switch at about 540, but my gear was poorly optimized for haste and I missed out on socket bonuses for a long time. The high haste BP was great, but probably not worth that loss until I was better geared.

How attached are you to that high spirit? I ran about 12.5K until we got to Heroic Iron Juggernaut, and I'm finding that more spirit is necessary in later heroic progression.

It seems that it's more about your play style and comfort level than anything else.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahaka View Post
    I made the switch at about 540, but my gear was poorly optimized for haste and I missed out on socket bonuses for a long time. The high haste BP was great, but probably not worth that loss until I was better geared.

How attached are you to that high spirit? I ran about 12.5K until we got to Heroic Iron Juggernaut, and I'm finding that more spirit is necessary in later heroic progression.

It seems that it's more about your play style and comfort level than anything else.
    i'm only missing about 2 60 spirit socket bonuses, i made the switch .....going to test it out this weekend to see if i like it im still sitting at 13.2k spirit

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    There are 2 questions you should ask yourself before going for 13k haste. Can you live with the lower amount of spirit? And can you reach the breakpoint without losing socket bonuses.
    Also look at what upgrades you can realistically expect to get in the near future. If your reforging margins are very tight, it's possible that you'll get some upgrade that forces you to reforge/regem back again (or hang on to your old lower ilvl gear).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Also look at what upgrades you can realistically expect to get in the near future. If your reforging margins are very tight, it's possible that you'll get some upgrade that forces you to reforge/regem back again (or hang on to your old lower ilvl gear).
    Thanks for the tip, i actually do ALWAYS hang on to my lower ilvl gear, ilvl doesnt really mean anything to me. Just for Show mostly.

You could simply plug in your character to ask mr robot, set the haste cap and your desired spirit level and see whether or not there is a gain by switching. Spirit is entirely a preference thing, however I found it quite important to have during progression and I ran something crazy like 15-16k with two MTTs.

Except for the back there are no items like this......

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Except for the back there are no items like this......
    There are plenty of items in SoO that have no haste. There may be haste versions of those items, but you don't always have that option. If you for example have the normal version of the haste bracers from Malkorok and get the heroic (possibly warforged) crit bracers from Immerseus, you're going to lose out on a lot of haste if you switch. At the same time, you're going to lose out on a lot of intellect and spirit if you don't, and it may be several months until you have a chance to kill heroic Malkorok. Even then, there's no guarantee that those bracers will ever drop on heroic, and definitely not warforged.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

There are plenty of items in SoO that have no haste. There may be haste versions of those items, but you don't always have that option. If you for example have the normal version of the haste bracers from Malkorok and get the heroic (possibly warforged) crit bracers from Immerseus, you're going to lose out on a lot of haste if you switch. At the same time, you're going to lose out on a lot of intellect and spirit if you don't, and it may be several months until you have a chance to kill heroic Malkorok. Even then, there's no guarantee that those bracers will ever drop on heroic, and definitely not warforged.
    First of all you can't predict getting them in HC wf immerseus ones that is, the thing is that you can't predict your loot, you get what drops, and as a resto druid you can and should take what you can get as some of all stats are good in BiS gear, all upgrades are too.
    The loot issue is much bigger in 10 man, yet to see any hc trinkets drop. So you can't predict what items you can get, for me just having luck on getting the hc siegecrafter trinket seems just as reasonable as the sha trinket dropping. In 25 man this is slightly different though.