Thread: Ele Breakpoints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post

Owning the heroic version myself (which is a 9% boost when upgraded), the stat increase is noticeable, but not something so outrageous that you're completely gimped and worthless without it. The amp trinket does not add a flat 9% boost, but instead, takes the actual stat ratings and increases them by 9%. 10000 mastery rating (an even number, picked just for simplicity) would become 10900 mastery, and so on.
    I know, I myself have the normal WF version

Quote Originally Posted by lcbagna View Post
    Sorry but I still need help to read the results Sock just posted... about the Reforge Scaling diagram, at 0 (247711 dps line) are there the actual gear stats? So if he would drop another 5k haste for 5k mastery the result would drop to 239145 dps, while dropping 5k mastery for haste the dps would go up to 251139? Is that the correct way to read it?

And could someone kindly simulate my toon? I'm afraid that i will get almost same results as him since i'm actually at 81% mastery and 30,5% haste

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../CHICOS/simple

Thanks
    Sims are complete. Ran it on heavy movement, since that's what many of the heroic fights end up being, and you'll no doubt be doing those soon.

Picking up more haste will put things in your favor. Great stat to have for movement fights.

Tyvm Sock! Really appreciated!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey sock if you have some time could you do me aswell? I'm awful with simcraft and I noticed that i can actually hit 100% mastery if i use EB. Would really like to know what my stat weights are if you have a moment.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Slipn/simple

Quote Originally Posted by slipn View Post
    Hey sock if you have some time could you do me aswell? I'm awful with simcraft and I noticed that i can actually hit 100% mastery if i use EB. Would really like to know what my stat weights are if you have a moment.

Sure thing. Simcraft actually isn't all that hard to use, once you figure it out. Here's what I do:

After importing your profile, go under Options:
    -Globals
    1. 10000 iterations. You can go higher, but it's usually overkill, unless you want to be extremely precise
    2. Length at 600 seconds
    3. Vary Length at 20%
    4. Fight Style at Heavy Movement (40% of the fight is spent on the move, use this option to simulate heroic SoO bosses, as many require a good deal of movement)
    5. Target Level at Raid Boss. This is usually set by default, but just doublecheck it

-Buffs/Debuffs
    1. Set it up according to your raid comp. If your raid has all buffs and debuffs, then just check everything

-Scaling
    1. Check intellect, crit rating, haste rating, and mastery rating. Uncheck all others

-Plots
    1. Leave these all blank, you don't really need them for what you want

-Reforge Plots
    1. Reforge Amount at 5000
    2. Step Amount at 500
    3. Only check the haste and mastery options, uncheck all others

10+ Year Old Account
    What the top shamans do is not always something you should do.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by slipn View Post

Sim is complete, results are below. Ran it on heavy movement. I'm not going to tell you what to do, you ought to be able to find that out yourself (and you were only asking for stat weights anyways).

Shaman

Hey, im at 556 ilvl, using the echo, elemental blast talents. Not sure if I should go haste or mastery gem wise/reforge wise..any help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenstar View Post
    Hey, im at 556 ilvl, using the echo, elemental blast talents. Not sure if I should go haste or mastery gem wise/reforge wise..any help?
    each char have different gear/race/profession so different stat prio you need link us your armory

Sock, I love you so much right now. It might be helpful, though, to run sims on hectic add cleave to better emulate some of the cleave fights in SoO. Heavy movement is still considered single target, and hectic add cleave will end up typically a bit more balanced rather than haste-heavy. Obviously, of course, for the most optimal dps on everything, you'll sim all fight styles and then adjust your gemming per fight, but not everyone wants to do that.

The only thing I would caution is the 36% mark you mentioned. While yes, you'll be gcd capped under temporary haste effects, 1) people see that number and assume it's for everyone, which it's not, especially if you don't have the meta, 2) haste is STILL valuable beyond that, and for many people it will still be better to keep going haste, particularly on single target. In other words, while there are technically points where the value of haste shifts, it's unwise to say "hit this point and then go mastery," because it's not true for everyone. It is extremely gear, fight, and talent dependent.

TL;DR: ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS sim.

Sims are complete. Ran it on heavy movement, since that's what many of the heroic fights end up being, and you'll no doubt be doing those soon.

Picking up more haste will put things in your favor. Great stat to have for movement fights.

I think suggesting someone drop up to 5k mastery and a huge amount of aoe potential for a theoretical 0.5 - 1 % single target increase is a gross miss use of the data. If you are heroic geared gearing generally a full mastery reforge with the option of switching gemming around on fight would be more efficient / effective.
    Last edited by desert-wind; 2013-12-31 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Ok, so after reading this thread I followed the instructions and ran the sim... Have no clue what I am looking at all.. so please help.

Never used simcraft before and always used Askmrrobot, but would be interested to see if my dps changed at all by varying my reforge from their recommended settings.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tarmil/simple

There should be a sticked post, empty, just the title. THERE ARE NO BREAKPOINTS; SIM THYSELF

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Ok, so after reading this thread I followed the instructions and ran the sim... Have no clue what I am looking at all.. so please help.

snip

Never used simcraft before and always used Askmrrobot, but would be interested to see if my dps changed at all by varying my reforge from their recommended settings.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tarmil/simple
    it's saying if you reforged about 5k mastery into haste, you would gain about 1.1% single target dps (i'm assuming you had it set to single target)

but your cleave/aoe might drop significantly (you can run the sim exactly the same again, but change the number of targets.)