Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rolling a Boomkin - Tips?

Can anyone give me some tips on how I should play my Boomkin? It's only level 22 but this Solar/Lunar Eclipse bar is interesting and I'm not sure how I should manage these bars. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Deleted
    This is all too early to say, but once you hit 90: don't be upset about your dps. It will get better over time once you gear up. It's the most gear dependent class/spec I've played. Also it's very hard to master and hasn't bored me at any point. So while you gear up, just enjoy the quirks it has to offer <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    This is all too early to say, but once you hit 90: don't be upset about your dps. It will get better over time once you gear up. It's the most gear dependent class/spec I've played. Also it's very hard to master and hasn't bored me at any point. So while you gear up, just enjoy the quirks it has to offer <3
    Yep, be ready to be bad for a while. If not because of skill, it will be because of gear for some time.

As for any other class, I'd advise not to read anything about it but just try whatever you like with it until you're 80~85, or even 90. Simply following guides usually results in missing more than half interesting perks of a character (especially true for druids). And seeing how simple leveling is, this (almost) won't change anything for you.

First you have to tip them over. Once you have the boomkin on it's side, it is much easier to get rolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, also, forgot the most important advice :

Glyph of Stars, this thing does not exist. (and if it does for you, don't call yourself a Moonkin / Boomkin anymore)

Crit, lots and lots of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Oh, also, forgot the most important advice :

Glyph of Stars, this thing does not exist. (and if it does for you, don't call yourself a Moonkin / Boomkin anymore)
    Guided stars, on the other hand i'd recommend at first to save yourself a lot of headaches op

Astral Form....most important balance druid glyph ever.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Guided stars, on the other hand i'd recommend at first to save yourself a lot of headaches op
    I hate that Glyph, so does everyone else on my raidteam who knows what it does.

Though I use it for Garrosh. xD

OT:
    As said in an earlier reply, your DPS WILL suck at the start, but once you get over 522 ilvl, you will start to see an insane increase in DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    First you have to tip them over. Once you have the boomkin on it's side, it is much easier to get rolling.
    hah, this is goood sir

Deleted
    Get the legendary gem or don't bother...

Stop what you're doing a roll a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    Release the Kraken to burn the heathens!!!

Deleted
    Pvp boomy: Moonfire, moonfire, typhoon! Moonfire, moonfire, cyclone! Moonfire moonfire dance.

Thanks guys. I have a 90 Lock, 90 Dk and 90 Shaman. I have been reading a lot on Boomkins and find their glyph selection really pathetic. I can't believe there are no good glyphs. I have plenty of time to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnum View Post
    Astral Form....most important balance druid glyph ever.
    Shoo. Begone, unbeliever!

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    I hate that Glyph, so does everyone else on my raidteam who knows what it does.

Though I use it for Garrosh. xD
    It's rather useful on Malkorok HC. Not so much on the others.
    Last edited by huth; 2014-01-02 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Don't expect your dps to be decent. It'll suck for awhile. If you're casual then it might be better to just reroll haha. I'm very casual and got persuaded to stick with my Lock :/

Most guides are for max level raiding rotations. Most things will be dead before you can get a few non instant cast. running around spamming dots gathering up tons of things then hurricaning them down with a rejuve seems like the best idea to me .

Also just playing around with the new spells as you get them is a good idea too.