Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

It's taking too long...

It's taking too long for me to keep myself entertained until WoD. I was hoping for an early december Beta, but at this rate we won't be seeing any xpac at all untill late spring, maybe early September.

I've always been able to keep myself entertained by doing weird or boring achievements like 'Seat of Knowledge', but being fully geared from SoO, got my Galakras mount, got 18.000 achievement points and nothing to look forward too I think it'll be a healthy decision to start 2014 by taking a break as sad as I feel about it.

I hope you guys can stay entertained but I guess I won't be back until the pre-patch for WoD arrives! Wishing you all the best for 2014!

Have a nice end of year and a fabulous new year!

And I agree, it is taking too long.

Deleted
    i'm nowhere near done with SoO, but i've done as much as i want to. i've cleared flex and normal progress is too much effort for me (getting the group, being organised, or joining a guild and sticking to a schedule) and i've just unsubbed. not really interested in playing the beta myself, i'd rather just watch a few videos and then have the full experience on release. feels kinda weird, it's the first time i've not been subbed since the week before MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    i'm nowhere near done with SoO, but i've done as much as i want to. i've cleared flex and normal progress is too much effort for me (getting the group, being organised, or joining a guild and sticking to a schedule) and i've just unsubbed. not really interested in playing the beta myself, i'd rather just watch a few videos and then have the full experience on release. feels kinda weird, it's the first time i've not been subbed since the week before MoP.
    having a similar issue here. normal SoO well cleared and in farm and now half our raid team is in that bored cant be fucked mode waiting for the next expac. ive just been farming gold waiting release.

Might just go play lotro for a few months as its free and not too shabby really

Meh blizzard don't rush for anybody, that's arguably the thing I love most about them as a company. They don't set early public deadlines and they get stuff out when it's ready and of required quality

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how you feel, Near enough full SoO geared, 8 alts at 90, over 200 mounts, 16k achievement points, I log in and sit there, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    I know how you feel, Near enough full SoO geared, 8 alts at 90, over 200 mounts, 16k achievement points, I log in and sit there, now.
    Only thing I do now is pop Blingtron and the Cooking Bell each day, then log off again.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Not sure what exactly you are trying to tell us? Imagine everyone who takes a break makes a topic about it. Happy 2014.

I think his point is that 5.4 came out in September, and now it is January, and a beta is not even something on the horizon. They have not even released previews of anything substantive. Because the devs spent all of MoP talking about faster content cycles and how they were skipping a 5.5 for the purpose getting WoD out faster, people are a bit burned out because I think people were expecting meaningful progress post Blizzcon, and at this point it look like WoD is all concept and no substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expecting a december beta was wishful thinking. An early december one? That was just foolish. You let yourself get hyped up over something that there was no chance of ever occuring. I don't know how you made the leap from "no sign of xpac from spring or september" you've literally ignored like half the year there.

All the realistic ideas of when stuff is going to happen have said an April-May release which would mean we'll see Beta "soon". However, I'm not sure I'd want someone like you in the Beta. You want the Beta so you can be "entertained" then a year into WoD you'll come back here saying you're bored and the next xpac is taking too long. The beta isn't meant to be a demo you can play before the released product, it's for testing purposes. Anyone saying the xpac won't come out until after summer is extremely unlikely, because MOP would've been out for 2 years then. They've run this xpac on the basis of "faster releases" as was done with the patches so why would they change it suddenly? That doesn't make sense.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Meh blizzard don't rush for anybody, that's arguably the thing I love most about them as a company. They don't set early public deadlines and they get stuff out when it's ready and of required quality
    Same here. It's not like other companies that churn out the same crap each year. I'd rather have a quality game (which Blizzard excel at) than a rushed product. I can't wait to see how the beta looks, though. Hopefully it'll arrive in early January.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I think his point is that 5.4 came out in September, and now it is January, and a beta is not even something on the horizon. They have not even released previews of anything substantive.
    It's only been 3 months. People weren't sitting there 3 months into ToT saying "where's my next patch I want complete details WAH WAH WAH QQ Blizzard hates us". Even then, this is an entire expansion we're talking about not 1 raid. There's a LOT of work that needs doing. You can't deny that Blizzcon was a substantial preview... come on... it most certainly was.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I think the argument is that other companies manage quality content in a reasonable space of time and people are adjusting their expectations accordingly. While "blizzard don't rush for anybody" it looks more and more like they are flat out going slow because it is the Blizzard way rather than by necessity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Expecting a december beta was wishful thinking. An early december one? That was just foolish. You let yourself get hyped up over something that there was no chance of ever occuring. I don't know how you made the leap from "no sign of xpac from spring or september" you've literally ignored like half the year there.

All the realistic ideas of when stuff is going to happen have said an April-May release which would mean we'll see Beta "soon". However, I'm not sure I'd want someone like you in the Beta. You want the Beta so you can be "entertained" then a year into WoD you'll come back here saying you're bored and the next xpac is taking too long. The beta isn't meant to be a demo you can play before the released product, it's for testing purposes. Anyone saying the xpac won't come out until after summer is extremely unlikely, because MOP would've been out for 2 years then. They've run this xpac on the basis of "faster releases" as was done with the patches so why would they change it suddenly? That doesn't make sense.
    ehm where did i say i wanted to play in the beta? the release of a beta means that the xpac is actually approaching knowing that people are playing it, gives me motivation to keep playing i indeed don't play bèta's and just enjoy the game when it's live. trust me, i've never whined or qq'd about wow going downhill, i've enjoyed every second of playing, but i feel that there's just nothing productive for me to do anymore

i still love wow and i probably Always will, i just wanted to share my decision and who knows, a blue picks it up, agrees and actually tells the devs to hurry up

and thx all the others for having the same thoughts! was just curious if i was the only one getting a bit burned out with this 'final' patch!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the argument is that other companies manage quality content in a reasonable space of time and people are adjusting their expectations accordingly. While "blizzard don't rush for anybody" it looks more and more like they are flat out going slow because it is the Blizzard way rather than by necessity.
    What possible evidence do you have to backup the idea that Blizzard go slowly because of tradition... Can you name another game company that does anything remotely similar to what Blizzard does with their games in a shorter time period?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

All the realistic ideas of when stuff is going to happen have said an April-May release which would mean we'll see Beta "soon".
    Except that there is no indication that beta is soon. As you point out the last time we saw anything of substance was Blizzcon. Which is the point at this point it appears like nothing other then concept discussions are going on.

Deleted
    i pretty much always quit at the end of each expac,havnt unsubbed just yet, but i probably will soon until pre expac event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysam View Post
    and thx all the others for having the same thoughts! was just curious if i was the only one getting a bit burned out with this 'final' patch!
    I think everyone who's ever done final tier raiding to a good extent feels this way. It's perfectly normal. I've not done that sort of raiding in MOP as I've not had the time but for Cata for example it got really bad. Go in and do DS hc 8/8 in 2 hours on a wednesday and then log off until next wednesday. Maybe do an alt run *if* people logged on. You're most certainly not alone but do consider taking a break, a lot of my raiders did. I was in the same position myself with the crapton of achievement points and I took a break (kinda forced upon me by school). It all helps.

5.4 just wasn't that entertaining in my opinion. The Timeless Isle was fine for gearing up alts in 496 gear to get into Throne and Siege LFR but Siege itself wasn't that great of a raid. End game progression has just become grind timeless isle, do lfr, do flex, do normal. There needs to be something more next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that there is no indication that beta is soon. As you point out the last time we saw anything of substance was Blizzcon. Which is the point at this point it appears like nothing other then concept discussions are going on.
    Right so we're working on logical guesses rather than letting emotion factor in. Blizzard are reducing the time between things they release for wow and have done all xpac. So why would WoD release in September? It'd have to release earlier. And I'm not thinking like August, frankly the difference would be negligible. So it'd have to come earlier in the year. It couldn't possibly come before about April and it won't come any later than July because then they've gone back on what they've been doing all xpac. That leaves us with an extremely narrow window.

Can sit here and say "there's been nothing" and you'd be very correct with that but frankly, when could it possibly come out is what you have to look at. The possibilities are really quite limited.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do not expect it until September. The beta will probably go on during the summer, maybe from May.

Unless all of a sudden they start the beta in 2 months.. still I don't see Blizzard releasing nothing for the Summer, that would be the closest they'd do to shot their own feet! (Mind you, my inner gamer still wished a summer X pack release, the time of the year where you have more free time to game..)