Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TESO a wow killer? Your acid must be kicking in, mate.

Elder scrolls online is a desperate attempt to make money from games which in this day and age should have had multiplayer from the get go (I am looking at you Oblivion and Skyrim).

Wildstar looks cool, nothing really bad to say about it.

Yep the wow killer is here guys its the end of Wow, we mean it this time guys really....

Only thing that will kill wow is it self.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is doing extremely well at around 1.5 mil-2 mil players logging in each day, and it's far better than WoW for a lot of people, Wildstar will not be doign anything good, it will fail, TESO might be decent however.
    I love how you mention GW2 with some random numbers, then say WS will fail, while TESO "might be decent," lol. Plus, there's a HUGE difference between a B2P and P2P game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    They won't be able to compete with WoW unless they throw some SWTOR money at it or maybe just charge everyone for horse armor again
    Even better, they charge people real life money to hide their helm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can everyone just pick an acronym for Elder Scrolls Online and stick with it? Hard to follow.

After so many years you'd think hyping up "wow killers" would get old.....guess not. EsO has no chance of being a wow killer I doubt it will even be as succesful as Swotr which is saying little. It seems like a poor attempt at a cash grab from Bathesda to go along with Bioware's and they don't even have the name recognition of something like Star Wars. Wildstar might be a good game, I don't know but even if it is no one outside of people who frequent gaming forums knows wtf Wildstar is. It might carve a nice little niche for itself but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I have the feeling those who were against MoP for being "too childish" will have the same prejudice with Wildstar.
    they will probably claim it to be the best thing ever, just because, most the complaints about mop being childish was short sighted and naive at best; "panda are modeled after kung fu" or "they never existed in the warcraft universe before"

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spring/summer no, more like fall if they don't pull it as springs comes out.

It's widely known now that TESO is going to be horrible lol. Seems like Bethesda just outsourced their brand to some random studio to suck in any fans for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Except that each expansion they get less coming back.
    A ~10 year old game doesn't have the same as BC/Wrath? ohnoez.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by igniter View Post
    Isn't talking about in game experiences breaking the NDA?
    And how would they know who you are? your name could be RandomJoe1 in WildStar/TESO/etc, completely different on here. And they can't get your IP since this isn't their website.

Yea, yea, yea, brace yourselves, yet another portion of so called "WoW killers" is coming, they look "really promising" and so on and so forth. I hear this since 2008 and I've tried them all, and they all were shit games at the end. Clunky combat, bugfest and zero class balance.
    Last edited by Kiteri; 2013-12-31 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    i think MoP is the worst expension so far, can't w8 until WoD releases, it looks really promising

The problem with WoW having no content for a near year is basically the same problem Cata had, people will get absolutely bored, to death.

That's what kills WoW, stagnation, not other games, but the fact nothing new is coming for it, so people generally go "over" other more active games while they wait for WoW to become active again, unfortunately, the appeal begins to lessen for some, people find a new game they like and stick to it.

This isn't really a matter of how long wow has left so much as how long wow can keep being the top dog, that much I can say with definite honesty "is" coming to its twilight.

It may indeed still have 7.3 million subs which without a doubt is a VERY impressive number but the fact remains it is sinking, not growing. Its popularity is gradually fading away to those who are die hard loyalists to the WoW universe to the end, its also a matter of popularity, using an outdated engine to rekindle the game wont help.

WoD?

WoD wont save WOW but it may definitely give it some much needed time to keep it going for another few years yet. The instant level 90 is a major plus since having one level 90 per account will attract casuals and hardcore players alike who are simply interested in playing the new content without the desire to bother with the old.

However, WoD's problem is not how successful it will be but when it comes out, will it still be successful?

The biggest risk WoD has is this talk of going back to Cata and trying to bring back the hardcore gamer, it wont, work, no matter how much people on this forum try to claim otherwise it really "wont" work because the concept alone is an entirely bad idea.

Appeasing Hardcores ISNT a bad idea, but the fact is that the AGE that Hardcores remember, the days of Linear Progression, and of forcefully going through every last bit of TBC raiding content? That's gone, its a dead age, its passed, it wont return, its time, to move on.

If they tried to bring that back now, given that most of the remaining subscription base only returned because of MoP's ease of difficulty, they would immediately find a plummet of interest because only the hardcore can play the end game content again, only the hardcore are allowed to access it. They cant go "back" to what they have already opened, the can of worms is there, spilling, violently, they cant change that.

They need to find a way to utilize challenge mode as the new heroic for Hardcore's. They need to make hard mode raiding more clear cut but keep the casual pace of casual content for casual players, so that casuals don't feel excluded.

There is a great danger in saying that the 2% should be president over the rest of your player base, and it will hit their subscription numbers hard after WoD's launch if they try to keep that mind set of "hard=successful game" because the problem is, right there, is your problem.

Your assuming its about difficulty.

That, is the reason WoW will screw up again if WoD launches and sticks to that mind set, because Hardcore raiding has gone, it cant return, if you bring that back now it will ruin everything that WoW is yet again and Cata showed that is a BAD idea. If WoD goes down that direction, its a final nail in WoW's coffin that will bid adieu to its titanic number base.

Seriously, WoW is a sinking ship, but do this hardcore=the future crap and you are essentially adding the final nail into blizzards coffin, the HIGHEST number of subscribers, the most active number of people that PAY money to play a game, are the casuals because consuming money is easier than playing a game.

The numbers show that, for a fact, people that play casually enjoy their game more at a casual pace because they don't want to feel that gaming is a second job that can only be successful if you work overly hard, its basically like adding even more hours to a work shift, people don't have the time for that anymore.

WoW will never die, but the age of WoW being the strongest subscription based MMO "is" coming to a twilight, so in terms of being the king of mmo's, its reign is near its end.

But that doesnt mean it cant enjoy being an old veteran afterwards, Everquest did, so why not WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I've watched a few streams and videos of Wildstar and so far I'm pretty unimpressed; but I'd like to see more before I make a final judgement. The best thing I've seen from Wildstar is a dungeon from this video; it's pretty and seems to be well thought out.

The combat actually looks sorta fun and unlike so many games it doesn't just feel like WoW or a WoW-Clone. Interesting way to show damage mechanics are going to strike there which makes me hope that the mechanics aren't too easy to dodge. Pretty much red = dead, not red = safe - hopefully there is a level beyond that where it isn't just a "Dont stand in the red" game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well atleast there is a purpose in farmin content for raiders after we have killed Garrosh, to get those heirloom weapons in preparation for WoD. Also SOO is a great final raid much more enjoyable than DS, which means we won't be stuck with some shitty raid for months.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    But what if TES will be a good MMO?
    Look at all the others that have come along. In reality most that started out subscription based have gone f2p.

So, you say "what if" - no one knows. I can tell you from the beta I played, I won't be bothering paying for it.

...."The company was announced by NCSOFT in 2007."....
    Well, there you have it - NCSoft. Near impossible to know how this one will go.

However, the f2p model is what is taking people away from WoW. EQ Landmark/Next is coming out, and will suck some players away, etc.

So who knows. will it lose more subs? yup. will it crater? nope, not hardly.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD will be the biggest selling MMO in 2014, yeah that sounds like a harsh year.

ESO sub numbers will be bloated by the fact that it will also be on consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    Console gamers aren't used to subs, plus they have to pay for the psn this time as well.

Will the console also share servers with PC players like FF14 does? Console gamers will get pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    Yeah, console players will definitely terminate their wow subscription.
    Oh, wait.