Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After playing ESO and WS, its just obvious that neither of these games are going to make half as much money as WoW will.

The biggest problem with eso is that DEVELOPERS want to make a wow esque game with Es lore, but what the FANS really want is skyrim you can play with people. The two do not match atm

TESO: Don't think so, heard from most of the people that played beta that it's not that impressive.
    Wildstar: Trailer looked good, really great actually and I watched a few videos and got hyped. Then I saw the actual game and meh, feels like SW:ToR just not Star Wars...

There aren´t any WoW killers on the way, at least not that we know off. It's not gonna be 1 MMO releasing same content WoW gets as an expansion to kill it. People don't wanna log into a fresh game with so little things to do, the amount of things you can actually do in WoW is massive. Plus it's a fairly balanced game for casuals and hardcore palyers. And to anyone saying it's easy, nope its not "easy".

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    The biggest problem with eso is that DEVELOPERS want to make a wow esque game with Es lore, but what the FANS really want is skyrim you can play with people. The two do not match atm
    The biggest problem with ESO is that developers have no brains. Dividing people into 3 groups instead of giving an ability to play together is beyond idiotic.
    All they needed to do is create a Skyrim with multiplayer. I don't understand how was it possible to fail such a simple task.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    this .. very much this.. last beta for ESO i felt like i was playing WoW with skyrim graphics.. its being advertised as Skyrim with Friends.. but its not.. skyrim players will be unfamiliar with the game.. where as wow players could jump right in and feel right at home.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    ESO sub numbers will be bloated by the fact that it will also be on consoles.
    Yeah, console players will definitely terminate their wow subscription.
    Oh, wait.
    Wait, what? Your statement is a huge leap in judgement from what you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

well to this point I've seen the conversation focus on World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online, and Wildstar
    Three MMO's
    Three.....

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    this .. very much this.. last beta for ESO i felt like i was playing WoW with skyrim graphics.. its being advertised as Skyrim with Friends.. but its not.. skyrim players will be unfamiliar with the game.. where as wow players could jump right in and feel right at home.
    other than being a linear themepark, how was it like wow?

eso gameplay style and fighting is garbage...it really is. Wildstar....you are kidding right? I better never see a single person say MoP is for kids then defend wildstar.....EVER...like EVER EVER lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Wait, what? Your statement is a huge leap in judgement from what you quoted.
    The question was: will WoW suffer from ESO and Wildstar?
    Console players having access to ESO won't affect this process in any way.
    That is what I meant to say, strange it is not obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    other than being a linear themepark, how was it like wow?
    Craft Material Collection, from mining to herbalism exact same animations
    Questing,
    Quest Log,
    Quest NPC Markers,
    Quest Area Markers
    Button Activated Hotskills.
    Character Skill tree.. (based on weapon your wielding instead of spec you choose.. still a skill tree regardless of how you get to it.)
    NPC's in town with names such as
    Armor smith,
    Weapon Smith,
    Trade Goods Vendor,
    General Goods Vendor all in static spots that offer static goods (3/3 armor/weapon type based on the class youve chosen.
    Item Level Requirements.
    Tab Target

while the world looked like elder scrolls it played like WoW .. putting a swing/block button on the mouse didn't fundamentally change anything. taking away the cursor to add that block swing makes the game feel clunkier .. and harder to navigate to the different menus (until you can get the cursor on screen that is)

Ive played wow since august 2004, ive played skyrim, ive played oblivion, ive played morrowind, and back in the day i did briefly play daggerfall (not enough to claim to know much more than 2-3 hours of play) i think i can confidently state that the game play is simular to a standard WOW Style MMO (aka wow, rift, swtor) than it is to anything resembling the elder scrolls series.

the game will sell huge.. and then die off fairly fast.. as it will sell based on the name.. but once players see the lie the developers are selling. expect some seriously angry gamers.

there is no tab target in ESO, Mcturbo. At least when I played it there wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is working hard to get the new expansion out because they know they are losing subs. If SoO is out for another year they will just keep losing subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    there is no tab target in ESO, Mcturbo. At least when I played it there wasn't.
    I thought it was tab might have been another button.. but i was selecting enemies somehow it put a square box around them and brought their health bar up when you had them targeted. i put that one last because i was struggling to remember everything i did from about 15 hours of play.

public dungeons were a disaster. yes a quest to into a dungeon finally.. you tromp through an empty dungeon fighting maybe 1 respawned enemy on the way to the bottom where you find 20 other people standing there waiting for the main npc to spawn.. get maybe 2-3 swings in.. walk back out of the empty dungeon and turn quest in... was horrible..

Let me state this.. as an MMO it will be fine to other MMO players if they like elder scrolls.. their is just enough difference (like rift is to wow) to entice some players. its only horrible from the fact that they are advertising the game as skyrim online with friends.. when thats not the truth.. (even though thats what we want) as a standard mmo.. its kind of shallow.. the basics for an mmo is there.. but thats about it.
    Last edited by McTurbo; 2013-12-31 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Except that each expansion they get less coming back.
    They gained 900k subs when MoP released. They did not gain 900k subs when cata was released iirc, I think only about 500k came back, so your wrong. While it is true they are losing alot more subs then they are gaining in both expansions, I never said they weren't.

I thought it was tab might have been another button.. but i was selecting enemies somehow it put a square box around them and brought their health bar up when you had them targeted. i put that one last because i was struggling to remember everything i did from about 15 hours of play.

public dungeons were a disaster. yes a quest to into a dungeon finally.. you tromp through an empty dungeon fighting maybe 1 respawned enemy on the way to the bottom where you find 20 other people standing there waiting for the main npc to spawn.. get maybe 2-3 swings in.. walk back out of the empty dungeon and turn quest in... was horrible..
    well one thing I will agree with is that ESO is a lot more linear than the single player games. So in that respect it is very much like WoW.

but overall I'd say Wildstar, other than the combat, is a lot more like WoW than ESO is.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They gained 900k subs when MoP released. They did not gain 900k subs when cata was released iirc, I think only about 500k came back, so your wrong. While it is true they are losing alot more subs then they are gaining in both expansions, I never said they weren't.
    Actually the all time highest subscription figure was right after Cata launch, so its safe to assume a lot of people did come back then. They just left en-mass when they encountered the extremely difficult content, and didn't come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Craft Material Collection, from mining to herbalism exact same animations
    Questing,
    Quest Log,
    Quest NPC Markers,
    Quest Area Markers
    Button Activated Hotskills.
    Character Skill tree.. (based on weapon your wielding instead of spec you choose.. still a skill tree regardless of how you get to it.)
    NPC's in town with names such as
    Armor smith,
    Weapon Smith,
    Trade Goods Vendor,
    General Goods Vendor all in static spots that offer static goods (3/3 armor/weapon type based on the class youve chosen.
    Item Level Requirements.
    Tab Target

while the world looked like elder scrolls it played like WoW .. putting a swing/block button on the mouse didn't fundamentally change anything. taking away the cursor to add that block swing makes the game feel clunkier .. and harder to navigate to the different menus (until you can get the cursor on screen that is)

Ive played wow since august 2004, ive played skyrim, ive played oblivion, ive played morrowind, and back in the day i did briefly play daggerfall (not enough to claim to know much more than 2-3 hours of play) i think i can confidently state that the game play is simular to a standard WOW Style MMO (aka wow, rift, swtor) than it is to anything resembling the elder scrolls series.

the game will sell huge.. and then die off fairly fast.. as it will sell based on the name.. but once players see the lie the developers are selling. expect some seriously angry gamers.
    On the other hand things that it does differently
    Locksmithing
    Werewolves
    Vampires
    Having to aim at the target
    NPC's that work together in a fight
    The entire skill system
    Attribute system as well
    Quite a bit of the PvP environment
    Public dungeons (I suppose at the very least it's instanced quest areas were anyone can enter and there are mobs)
    Morality & Criminality system (After release)
    The NPC Guild system
    Schools of magic

And a good bit more
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Actually the all time highest subscription figure was right after Cata launch, so its safe to assume a lot of people did come back then. They just left en-mass when they encountered the extremely difficult content, and didn't come back.
    Well a few years ago, they mentioned they had roughly 20 million people who had played their game, so in that time from beginning to now, they have lost 13 million people. Take into account only about 4-5 million have left since cata, that's alot more who must have left prior to cata

wow never had 20 million concurrent subscribers...

you can make your point without inflating the numbers, come on now