Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    What goes around comes around, with all the racist shit we see on a daily basis from the extreme right wingers and they get so offended for basically nothing.
    it is pretty comical that the right wing gets incredibly enraged at one little thing on the left when their entire base is this way.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    voting is a privledge just like everything else in this country, felons lose the right to vote, why doesnt the 14th protect them? Im kind of surprised democrats don't support voter id laws, after the election in 2004 being stolen in Ohio for Bush that wouldve never happened if our elections were done properly and held proper records.
    Felons lose a LOT of things when they are convicted. Not just the right to vote. The right to vote, to serve on a jury and the ability to own guns are all taken away from convicted felons.

Reading this thread has made me wonder, of the people who believe this was racist and were offended, how many were actually bothered by that believed racism? Or was it simply that MSNBC did a segment that could be considered controversial, and it's easy to attack on grounds of racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Reading this thread has made me wonder, of the people who believe this was racist and were offended, how many were actually bothered by that believed racism? Or was it simply that MSNBC did a segment that could be considered controversial, and it's easy to attack on grounds of racism?
    I don't think it is a matter of being offended so much as it is the manner of standards MSNBC applies to conservatives, this segment would be classified racist. All while something that should be heralded by MSNBC - adoption and family diversity - is used to paint someone racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    It's desperation and "grasping for anything" by fools on the right. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That you can have rights stripped does not make them a privilege.

What do you think happened in 2004?
    Whats the difference then?

Whats the difference then?
    Rights can't be taken without serious cause, generally the preservation of the more important rights of another. Privileges can be taken for whatever. For instance, a security clearance is a privilege the government provides to some people who need one. Your driver's license is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    So does that make owning a gun and free speech a privilege?

2000 and Florida says what?

The incident was never substantiated. There have been supposed voter fraud incidents but none ever substantiated. The number of actual false votes cast across the entire US average to about 100 a year. ACROSS THE ENTIRE US. Do you think that's worth blocking what would be an estimated 10% of the minority from voting? I guess if you pretty much alienate most minorities from voting for your party ever, then yeah, you'd want to do that, and then blame it on some kind of trying to uphold the integrity of voting.

Also, felons tend to lose certain rights, such as owning a firearm, but you know what they can still do in many states? Vote.

Because felons can lose that right, doesn't make it a privilege.
    change felons to blacks and you have the legal justification for slavery. If you think thats an outlandish comparison, go talk to an american with japanese grandparents that was born in the 1930s

change felons to blacks and you have the legal justification for slavery. If you think thats an outlandish comparison, go talk to an american with japanese grandparents that was born in the 1930s
    Felons made a choice, being black isn't a choice. The law can target people for the actions they take.

Rights can't be taken without serious cause, generally the preservation of the more important rights of another. Privileges can be taken for whatever. For instance, a security clearance is a privilege the government provides to some people who need one. Your driver's license is another.
    Once again it was the that justification that the government could take away rights that made slavery legal

- - - Updated - - -

Felons made a choice, being black isn't a choice. The law can target people for the actions they take.

having japanese blood wasn't a choice either

10+ Year Old Account
    Robertson said he dissaproved of homosexuality
    And His opinion that Jim Crow laws are wonderful things that black people loved.
    And his opinion that you should marry 15-year-old girls.

voting is a privledge just like everything else in this country, felons lose the right to vote, why doesnt the 14th protect them? Im kind of surprised democrats don't support voter id laws, after the election in 2004 being stolen in Ohio for Bush that wouldve never happened if our elections were done properly and held proper records.
    1. I personally find felony disenfranchisement absurd (There's also no such thing up here) and should be constitutionally invalid, but unfortunately, it's among other things that have gotten grandfathered in, like obscenity laws.

2. I have no problem with voter ID laws (other than questioning the amount of extant fraud they'd have any effect on). We have them up here. I do have a problem with unjustifiable and blatantly prejudicial restrictions on what constitutes valid ID. Check out the list of what is valid up here.

Though you'd get far more use out of implementing a sane system of voter registration, rather than this state-by-state insanity and the horrendous mess it causes with your voter rolls.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Once again it was the that justification that the government could take away rights that made slavery legal
    What the bloody fuck are you talking about?

Yes and the internment was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

That's not a valid argument even if we treated them badly back then. All you are doing is some stupid tit for tat bullshit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And His opinion that Jim Crow laws are wonderful things that black people loved.
    He was talking about a few black people he met. Put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And his opinion that you should marry 15-year-old girls.
    He said that jokingly.

I know you guys want to ban the Bible as hate speech but Phil Robertson never incited anyone to hurt black people, and he never told anyone to defecate in a gay person's mouth.

Also, good luck banning the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

He said that jokingly.
    Yet we have this thread talking about this comment about Mitt Romney's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Yet we have this thread talking about this comment about Mitt Romney's family.
    it's really bad when the left does something! (like cheating, drugs, racist/attacking remarks).
    but when we do it, we're still good strong conservatives with good strong conservative values and family values and we're moral unlike those liberals.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    it's really bad when the left does something! (like cheating, drugs, racist/attacking remarks).
    but when we do it, we're still good strong conservatives with good strong conservative values and family values and we're moral unlike those liberals.
    Yeah, because conservatives don't base their votes solely off of that at the national level.

I guess the shit Gingrich got with his several wives were faux.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, felons tend to lose certain rights, such as owning a firearm, but you know what they can still do in many states? Vote.
    I stopped reading after this...

Two states allow felons to vote from prison while other states may permanently ban felons from voting even after being released from prison, parole, and probation, and having paid all their fines.
    Concerning voting during incarceration, Two out of fifty states is not several by any means. Even morose is the restrictions and difficulty that felons have practicing their right to vote following incarceration following their release from prison and parole in various states.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-01-01 at 03:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Liberals wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Conservatives.

I know this might shock you, but Mitt Romney is a good man.

Shock horror I know.

It's frightening that leftists will destroy a good man in order to achieve their goals, but such is life.

How's Obama working out for you btw? 1 million fewer jobs than before the financial collapse, record debt and no hope for change. Good job.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-01-01 at 04:34 AM.

Yeah Romney certainly is destroyed all right.

Yeah Romney certainly is destroyed all right.
    Destroyed all the way to his third secret elevator car garage.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"