Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    There is SO MUCH sample bias in Top 100 parses. You can't say anything about how MM is in general from a sort of Top 100 parses.
    It shows the best dps people where able to do with this spec. Sample size of several thousands of hunters for each spec. It's pretty accurate. And who cares about bad players dps that don't know how to play their spec?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It shows the best dps people where able to do with this spec. Sample size of several thousands of hunters for each spec. It's pretty accurate. And who cares about bad players dps that don't know how to play their spec?
    The top guilds are so finely tuned and perfectly synergised that it's often not an accurate representation of how it really plays out.

Blizzard have said the same in the past as well

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The top guilds are so finely tuned and perfectly synergised that it's often not an accurate representation of how it really plays out.

Blizzard have said the same in the past as well
    I don't think you're getting this sir. See, I know the math behind the game so I don't need to see what a "human" was able to do. /end sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I don't think you're getting this sir. See, I know the math behind the game so I don't need to see what a "human" was able to do. /end sarcasm
    At the end of the day the main thing that matters is how it plays out for the average Joe, not in a perfect world on a spreadsheet and not for the top few players

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire has suffered quite a bit tbh. Made completely Worthless in 5.1 then buffed again in 5.2-5.3. Then nerfed again in 5.4 even thought its still relatively competitive

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand what "sample bias" means.

If the best players only play what is perceived to be the best spec, then the other specs will be played by less skilled players. So, the "bad spec" parses are NEVER from the best players. You will NEVER see what MM is capable of in this kind of chart.

That's the first thing.

The second thing is that if a spec is subject to RNG (say, if a good pull works out to a 50k advantage over the course of a fight) then when you pick only the best parses from a spec, you get a wholly unrealistic view of its AVERAGE capability.

Shrug, they all seemed pretty good to me.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I enjoyed my Prot Warrior less in MoP. I seriously don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    For spec, I'd say holy priests had a pretty terrible expansion overall.
    Damn Ghostcrawler wanted all the suck to himself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At the end of the day the main thing that matters is how it plays out for the average Joe, not in a perfect world on a spreadsheet and not for the top few players
    I've tried explaining this concept to people on other subjects and you'd be surprised how much the average Joe cannot understand "intervals."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shrug, they all seemed pretty good to me.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I enjoyed my Prot Warrior less in MoP. I seriously don't know why.

Damn Ghostcrawler wanted all the suck to himself!
    I believe that Prot Warriors and Holy Priests suffer from the same illness. ALL THE BUTTONS are belong to us!
    They both have TOO much shit. It doesn't matter if that 1 spell is situational, you're going to need it. Because the moment you don't have it on a bar, that is exactly when the moment will fucking arrive.

Those are all real players doing the dps - it's all done by humans.

Here you have the average dps (no top, no low) of all the players (not just top players) and what a surprise - Marksman is still sh*t.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-01-02 at 01:20 AM.

Those are all real players doing the dps - it's all done by humans.
    You're ignoring what everybody is saying though about sample bias and how it's not representitive of the average player

I believe that Prot Warriors and Holy Priests suffer from the same illness. ALL THE BUTTONS are belong to us!
    They both have TOO much shit. It doesn't matter if that 1 spell is situational, you're going to need it. Because the moment you don't have it on a bar, that is exactly when the moment will fucking arrive.
    Yeah button bloat is an issue, but it's no worse than it was in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I don't think you understand what "sample bias" means.

If the best players only play what is perceived to be the best spec, then the other specs will be played by less skilled players. So, the "bad spec" parses are NEVER from the best players. You will NEVER see what MM is capable of in this kind of chart.
    The best players don't play MM because it's just not worth playing lol.

You're ignoring what everybody is saying though about sample bias and how it's not representitive of the average player
    I posted the statistics of the average players after that. Same basic result - Marksman Hunter = bottom dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    In PvE: NO ONE. This expansion was perfect for PvE. Everything is viable.

In PvP: Monk. This is why.
    totally ot, but the human representation is over the top. FIX RACIALS NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    The racial isn't that much of a big deal anymore. Most of my friends that pvp a lot just like the look of humans.

I posted the statistics of the average players after that. Same basic result - Marksman Hunter = bottom dps spec.
    I think you're confusing MM with Frost... or possibly Frost... it's so hard to tell.

Deleted
    From the classes/specs I tried its Shadow Priest for me as no. 1 followed by ww monk. I also didnt like the start of MoP as a bear tank, the new tree split up was confusing and tbh I liked it more before when I could utilize skills as cat and bear depending on the situation rather than how now the class seems half crippled considering druids are supposed to be true hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVaal View Post
    From the classes/specs I tried its Shadow Priest for me as no. 1 followed by ww monk. I also didnt like the start of MoP as a bear tank, the new tree split up was confusing and tbh I liked it more before when I could utilize skills as cat and bear depending on the situation rather than how now the class seems half crippled considering druids are supposed to be true hybrids.
    Hey hey hey now ass, I'm really loving the new Druid tactic of boring your opponent to death is FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The racial isn't that much of a big deal anymore. Most of my friends that pvp a lot just like the look of humans.
    That lumpy butt run, that stupid swing. I can't understand this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    Oh yes please. Time to nerf those Horde PvE racials to the ground. =)

Hey hey hey now ass, I'm really loving the new Druid tactic of boring your opponent to death is FUN!
    How's that new? I remember druids doing that ever since Season 2 or 3.