Thread: Firecat

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Firecat

You know when I first heard about the armor's being visible in our shifted forms I was super excited, have to say though I was let down to see it was only a temporary thing when you used incarnation. The same thing when I found the staff from Majordomo in Fireland's which transforms you into a Flame cat while the staff is equipped or the burning seed useable item.

Would love to see a glyph or a quest line for druids to make either of these forms permanent, something like the Warlock green fire quest line sounds like a viable way to grant druids these awesome forms for longer than a temporary buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paldemonius View Post
    You know when I first heard about the armor's being visible in our shifted forms I was super excited, have to say though I was let down to see it was only a temporary thing when you used incarnation. The same thing when I found the staff from Majordomo in Fireland's which transforms you into a Flame cat while the staff is equipped or the burning seed useable item.

Would love to see a glyph or a quest line for druids to make either of these forms permanent, something like the Warlock green fire quest line sounds like a viable way to grant druids these awesome forms for longer than a temporary buff.
    We have asked for it many times and the only response we ever got was "It wouldn't feel special anymore". It is a little tedious going to firelands for 5 hours worth of firecat, while warlocks just get a quest, and spriest getting a glyph to have their shadowfiend look like a sha without the weapon. They have already said that druid forms are not getting an update in WoD too, so maybe they will throw us some love this way in WoD. It would not be very hard to turn all the current forms into a glyph, incarnation forms, Fire form etc, will it happen? we'll probably have to wait and see.

Armor model is the indication that our CD was used (won't happen)
    Going back to firecat was already done by adding the seed (won't happen)
    Models were partially updated when new races were added - they don't care about us so for now.. won't happen.

Would be awesome with a Fire-kitty-glyph of some sort, indeed.
    But we will prolly have to satisfy with the Burning Seed.

Deleted

Exclamation

The seeds are good enough for me. There's still somewhat of a 'challenge' to get the seeds, making the appearance somewhat special.
    If you need some help solo'ing the seeds in Firelands, please have a look at the Burning Seed Guide video that I made on how to get them.
    (Yes I know, it's a bit of shameless self advertising, but I made the video to help people out )

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Gfxj9b70s

(copy and paste into your browser or search for "Burning Seed Guide" by Bitpixl on youtube)

Oh and if you happen to be an engineer, I recommend looking for a guide that uses the goblin glider, even easier!
    Last edited by mmoc9265430e9f; 2013-12-28 at 05:43 PM.

Yeah, getting the seeds is easy enough, I get 5, mail to an alt, reset, get 5 more so on and so forth. Have about 30 in the mailbox just waiting to use but would be so much nicer to get a better long term resolution.

I suspect they are right to be fair. It wouldn't be special any more - I think many cats would look like fire cats all the time. Perhaps they could offer multiple colours, but even this would diminish how special it feels.

15+ Year Old Account
    i do think they should have added new effect, like for example a sha cat in SoO
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I want Fire Bear, Smokey be damned.

10+ Year Old Account
    any chance of druids not losing model change effects from toys when shifting forms? Already works ok in ragefire scenario
    Current tech needs major rework for it to happen universally. Those scenarios took tons of ridiculous scripting and spells. T_T (Source)
    After reading this I lost all hope for any change regarding changing forms. They clearly don't even know what they are doing with the forms since some toys work but some don't. "ridiculous scripting"... Bulls***.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BitPiXL View Post
    The seeds are good enough for me. There's still somewhat of a 'challenge' to get the seeds, making the appearance somewhat special.
    If you need some help solo'ing the seeds in Firelands, please have a look at the Burning Seed Guide video that I made on how to get them.
    (Yes I know, it's a bit of shameless self advertising, but I made the video to help people out )

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Gfxj9b70s

(copy and paste into your browser or search for "Burning Seed Guide" by Bitpixl on youtube)

Oh and if you happen to be an engineer, I recommend looking for a guide that uses the goblin glider, even easier!
    Sorry to say but they are not "challenging" in the slightest. Practically any level 90, scrap that, 85s could too, can go there and get to the seeds. 2 methods, 1 kill alysrazor trash, grab 3 feathers, fly through 1 hoop and just fly to the seeds or 2) just have engi, get on the mountain across from the seeds and glide there.

The seeds are just a tedious form of getting what we want. The only fun part of the seeds was when they weren't/were? in the game and we were looking for them, but it feels like it was just a wild goose chase as they seemed to have hot-fixed them into the game and they are pretty hard to miss as a lot of people have scanned the entirety of firelands in search of them.

And for the people saying it would loose it's "specialty". No, not really. People know about the seeds and can't be bothered to go get them or 2) They don't know about them, they ask and go get them. There's no "feat of strength" as some would call it to been able to get these, nothing even remotely close to what warlocks have to go through to get the green fire, so why should we have to? I wouldn't even be bothered if they just added a ridiculously hard boss (that scales with gear), that drops a BoP glyph that turns you into the cat, then you need to atleast put some effort into getting them, and not be hindered by having to go there every 5 hours and/or having macros for the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    -Snip-
    "It wouldn't feel special anymore".
    -Snip-
    Same thing can be said for the Hunters Dino pet from IoT, Locks green fire, priest glyph etc.

Would love the incarnation armor glyph for my bear! Also wouldn't mind a minor glyph that would give us a casted cheetah form that worked just like a mount.

I bet on 'brutal cat form'. Cat with wounds and iron armor. Its suitable for WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    After reading this I lost all hope for any change regarding changing forms. They clearly don't even know what they are doing with the forms since some toys work but some don't. "ridiculous scripting"... Bulls***.
    it probely isnt bullshit at all, the shifting code is like 8 years old, as a developer i know how bad old core can be and how hard it can be to maintain. and usealy your manager is not giving you time to resolve such issues becase it still works so managers dont see why you want to spend time fixing / cleaning up code that stil works
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

You guys do know, if you are in cat form and you melee a target with MajourHomo staff, after you turn into a flaming kitty you can equip your normal weapon? I do this every boss (yes, even in heroic progression). Fast macro with use of sets, loss of dps is very marginal. But the whole time you are in combat you get to be a flaming kitty which is awesome for fights like galakras or nazgrim, immersius, thok, where a good period of time you end up doing fuck all...

Just saying...

What I've learned in my 9 years as a druid is that druids are always totally screwed when it comes to something nice visually. So I will not exspect anything nice for us ever. Same for moonkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    it probely isnt bullshit at all, the shifting code is like 8 years old, as a developer i know how bad old core can be and how hard it can be to maintain. and usealy your manager is not giving you time to resolve such issues becase it still works so managers dont see why you want to spend time fixing / cleaning up code that stil works
    Why worked it for the skeleton in classic? Why worked it for the trinket from ICC? Did they really invest so much into coding just so it works for druids in feral forms? The skeleton was a "bug" or not intented at all. :<
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2014-01-03 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    What I've learned in my 9 years as a druid is that druids are always totally screwed when it comes to something nice visually. So I will not exspect anything nice for us ever. Same for moonkins.

Why worked it for the skeleton in classic? Why worked it for the trinket from ICC? Did they really invest so much into coding just so it works for druids in feral forms? The skeleton was a "bug" or not intented at all. :<
    It even works with newer items like http://www.wowhead.com/item=102463 which makes it even weirder and to me bullshit.

Funny thing: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2...rom-my-friends
    Impossible as feral, moonkin and bear.

Leyara's Locket and Potion of Illusion also USED to work. Not anymore. Weird right? So all that scripting shit is indeed bullshit.
    Last edited by Feali; 2014-01-03 at 04:58 PM.

Leyara's Locket and Potion of Illusion also USED to work. Not anymore? Weird right? So all that scripting shit is indeed bullshit.
    Leyara's locket doesn't work anymore? What the hell...

Deleted
    The issue I have with the fireseeds is the fact that I use them sparingly (because I don't have infinite amounts). I'm thinking "is it really worth it?" and then I never end up using them anyways. They are so easy to get, so please make it an option that we can turn on or off or something similar.

Leyara's Locket and Potion of Illusion also USED to work. Not anymore. Weird right? So all that scripting shit is indeed bullshit.
    Yep... i use to use Leyara's locket on my moonkin (dunno if worked for feral?) so it feels as if it was scripted so we COULDNT use it.. it sounds like complete crap to make it so we can use the forms aswell "Oh its alot of script" maybe it is but it aint fair that a whole class cant use any of the "fun" items in WoW. Ok as moonkin i can use smite item and that is it..