Thread: Post Your UI

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    @Bryce

Couple of things to consider:

- Do you really need auras to track the other tank's debuffs? Focus debuffs would achieve the same thing and you wouldn't need to keep making auras each tier.
    - I feel like the dynamic group showing tank cds would be better placed elsewhere. Odds are, you're only going to have one of those cds up at any time right? Yet it feels like that entire row of icons is "reserved" space.
    - Should you decide to move that group, your debuffs would be better suited for that spot. That would solve your problem of needing a place to put your stagger debuff (and all the others).
    - Additionally, considering you have icons for everything else, why not an icon for shuffle? On the same line of thought, I'm assuming that the line between your shuffle bar and your energy bar is where your combo points go. Wait for it. Have you considered merging the 2?! (look below).
    - Last thing, the place above the target frame seems underused. All you have is that expel harm aura when you could do a lot more with the real estate.

- There's been countless times I've looked to see the other tank's debuffs and all. I find it really useful. A single focus debuff aura would be handy just so I didn't have to make new auras and such each tier. But I use other things for my focus on most fights so that wouldn't really work for me.

- I agree with that, but guess I'm sort of a neat freak and want it 100% perfect so I find the line of debuffs to help with lining other things up while I'm actually making auras.

- The chi/energy I've probably spent hours trying to get a working group to combine them, but I just can not get energy, chi1, 2, 3, 4, 5 all in the same group, lined up perfectly for some reason. I have to use two seperate groups or I'll never get them lined up 100% perfectly and it'll drive me crazy even though I can't see it. I wished you could have subgroups so that I could do a chi bar in it's own group and have a "border background" for it but still have it in the energy/chi group so they move as one unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but i feel like i can answer as to why he has both tanks debuffs in that group, because i use the same weakauras.

Honestly, when you already have so much to look at, being able to see both tanks debuffs in 1 place is insanely helpful, EG: On H Dark Shamans progress last night it was very helpful for me to be able to look at 1 small space and see the amount of time left/stacks on both my debuff and my offtanks debuff, I know you might not need that for DPS/Healing, but it is very helpful for tanking
    I am all for consolidating information and I can understand that tanking and raid leading can be pretty overwhelming at times. That being said though, tanks typically watch each others debuffs for a taunt swap and, in my experience, that is the kind of thing that is pretty much always communicated over Mumble or whatever. So, if both are true, wouldn't the most optimal choice be eliminating information that is already being communicated by others? Eliminating some of "cognitive overhead" could only help! I feel like this is especially true of fights like H Shaman where there is so much going on at once that one misstep could spell a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    - There's been countless times I've looked to see the other tank's debuffs and all. I find it really useful. A single focus debuff aura would be handy just so I didn't have to make new auras and such each tier. But I use other things for my focus on most fights so that wouldn't really work for me.
    This is something I hadn't considered and I understand the logic behind the auras a little more.

On a side note, if you'd like I can give you the import string for my chi/energy dohickey and you can play with it. It also comes in a horizontal variant! The leftmost green bar is actually hp. The number above it is energy. The green boxes are obviously chi and the yellow bar behind it is the energy bar.
    Last edited by tempest420; 2014-01-02 at 10:58 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so much going on at once that one misstep could spell a wipe.
    Yeah so removing vital information and relying on the other tank, who could misstep and forget to call out for a taunt and wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by iuris View Post
    Yeah so removing vital information and relying on the other tank, who could misstep and forget to call out for a taunt and wipe?
    I'm sorry, do you not have any faith in your off tank? Are you so surrounded my incompetents that you have to do every last thing yourself? Tanks not calling for taunts doesn't happen anywhere other than lfr does it?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is something I hadn't considered and I understand the logic behind the auras a little more.

On a side note, if you'd like I can give you the import string for my chi/energy dohickey and you can play with it. It also comes in a horizontal variant! The leftmost green bar is actually hp. The number above it is energy. The green boxes are obviously chi and the yellow bar behind it is the energy bar.
    Ah, I had thought the green bar was energy and the chi bar just had a 'fancy' backdrop to it. I'm just really uncreative when it comes to displaying weakauras in a clear way that's not in the way of me watching what I'm doing. Not to mention my eyesight is kinda bad so that's another issue of mine.

That'd be awesome if I could get that export string, if anything just to mess around with it.

I'm sorry, do you not have any faith in your off tank? Are you so surrounded my incompetents that you have to do every last thing yourself?
    I kinda am, but that's because I just joined this new guild after mine broke up and all. The tank I was with we both knew exactly what, when, where, etc was going to happen to each other. We didn't even have to say it, we just knew. We were the closest I've ever seen two tanks be and it was just amazing how well we worked together. I don't think I'll ever find another co-tank like that again though =/.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2014-01-02 at 11:15 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, do you not have any faith in your off tank? Are you so surrounded my incompetents that you have to do every last thing yourself? Tanks not calling for taunts doesn't happen anywhere other than lfr does it?
    Not saying I don't have faith but even you said a simple misstep, why not try to 100% eliminate them?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShade View Post
    Just thought I would check in and share what I have been working on. It is an ElvUI setup.
    Nice UI. I'm too afraid to try something that minimal for tanking lol.

And I'm from NC as well.

It's not that i don't trust my off tank (hes probably better than i am) but what happens when we need to make a swap within 2 seconds ( Iron jugg H, Sha H, Shamans H.) and either A: vent lags alittle, or B: he calls it slightly late, the answer to those questions is i'm left looking all over my screen finding the time on his debuff, while having to look at my debuff to see how much time i have left, having them both in the same place means that i never have to worry about that, it's all about removing the possibility of failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing ahead of time when you'll be taunting is useful information to have. You may want to plan positioning, cooldown usage or other things around it, so it's good to be able to easily see the situation with your co-tank rather than just "blindly" wait to hear a taunt call, in case you want to do certain things to prepare for it a few seconds beforehand (especially if you have other tasks when not on the boss).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    I wasn't quite happy with how what I was doing was turning out, so I'm back to being boring.

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post

WeakAuras used for unitframes, cooldowns, castbars.
    mother of god :O pls post it...

Quote Originally Posted by TheShade View Post
    Just thought I would check in and share what I have been working on. It is an ElvUI setup.
    You need to set blank 2nd triggers for those little green flames behind your embers to trigger on ANY TRIGGER to stop the animation from resetting. And maybe its just me but damn that scrolling text is split so far I would forget its there in combat. Good to see some people are utilizing the in-game models though.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-01-03 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right on. I've been playing this character since BC so I have all my keybinds memorized so there is no reason to see them lol. I hide my chat and dps meter during combat to free up space.

Go Tarheels!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    You need to set blank 2nd triggers for those little green flames behind your embers to trigger on ANY TRIGGER to stop the animation from resetting. And maybe its just me but damn that scrolling text is split so far I would forget its there in combat. Good to see some people are utilizing the in-game models though.
    Thank you! I didn't know about the 2nd trigger. I will try that. Thank you very much. The green flames that are behind the embers sink up with the amount of embers I have. 1 ember has 2 flames and so on.

@Bryce

Couple of things to consider:

- Do you really need auras to track the other tank's debuffs? Focus debuffs would achieve the same thing and you wouldn't need to keep making auras each tier.
    - I feel like the dynamic group showing tank cds would be better placed elsewhere. Odds are, you're only going to have one of those cds up at any time right? Yet it feels like that entire row of icons is "reserved" space.
    - Should you decide to move that group, your debuffs would be better suited for that spot. That would solve your problem of needing a place to put your stagger debuff (and all the others).
    - Additionally, considering you have icons for everything else, why not an icon for shuffle? On the same line of thought, I'm assuming that the line between your shuffle bar and your energy bar is where your combo points go. Wait for it. Have you considered merging the 2?! (look below).
    - Last thing, the place above the target frame seems underused. All you have is that expel harm aura when you could do a lot more with the real estate.

Those raid auras and tank debuff auras are mine. I dont see the difference between those and making ones to track your focus target except having to refocus your OT every single fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Those raid auras and tank debuff auras are mine. I dont see the difference between those and making ones to track your focus target except having to refocus your OT every single fight.
    It depends on the user and their play.

I like the idea of the auras but as a LFR/Flex Hero I never know who the other tank is. So setting a focus is way easier then fiddling with auras. Also more reliable.

Its just a different use case really.

10+ Year Old Account

Talking

Latest thing I have been working on. NeavUI as a base and modded it out as much as possible.

Last edited by Kkthnxbye; 2014-01-03 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye View Post
    Latest thing I have been working on. NeavUI as a base and modded it out as much as possible.
    Very interested in the various nAddOns not included in NeavUI's download. nTweaks, nScripts, nSkins, and nInfo in particular. Any chance of an upload for these?

Which addon is it that skins your guild pane?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I've got it set up the same way as Gliff and Bryce (copied the idea from Gliff's interface - kudos to you, sir!) and I think it's a very good idea: I track my important debuffs at that place anyway, because you can see them at a glance. And since I track my debuffs there anyway it's the perfect place to track my ot's debuffs.
    Hard coding this into wa is more work to set it up once, but frees up your focus for the rest of the patch plus you can never forget to focus your ot (which may have been a big part of why I've done it :P).
    I did however set it up for focus as well, so I still have a working interface when doing flex on one of my twinks and setting all this up is mosty copy and paste anyway.

So, here my interface (few month old the video, a minor things since then like chaning the combat text font to outline from monochrome outline etc.):

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Very interested in the various nAddOns not included in NeavUI's download. nTweaks, nScripts, nSkins, and nInfo in particular. Any chance of an upload for these?

Which addon is it that skins your guild pane?
    Aurora.

Some of these addons still need to be adjusted to achieve my goal of it being module based UI setup (Like a pure clean NeavUI setup). This way people can disable what they want on the fly. We will see how things go in the next few days to weeks. Depending on time spent on this.

I have to rename one addon before I do release this as he requests this so people will not go to them for bugs / issues. I do need to PM 1 or 2 people to let the know I plan to release this and if it is okay with them. My goal here is to give a UI that does simply everything and giving a blizzard feel at the same time. I have a ton of people to thank along the way. Some people being P3lim, Nib, Azilroka, Neal, Phanx, and other people as well. Once I talk with others and get the green light I will share
    Last edited by Kkthnxbye; 2014-01-03 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye View Post
    Aurora.
    Aurora is not the addon that adds those category buttons at the top of the pane.