10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Rivera got the division title with a team thought to be the 3rd or 4th best in that division. I figured they would make the playoffs this year but I didn't figure on 12 wins, they really made great strides this year and I think he's the most deserving.
    Nobody also thought the Falcons would tank that hard.

He could win it, I wouldn't be surprised. I still like Bruce Arians for the pick though. Chip Kelly could too, but I feel like starting Vick over Foles in retrospect cost them some games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Early draft info. Teddy Bridgewater has decided to enter the draft. he's expected to go number one overall, or at least being talked about it. I'm not so sure, but I haven't seen him play much. Louisville's not really a high-profile school, and being in the conference they're in this year hurts.
    He is incredible... three out of every four games. Then, he has the worst game of his career. He isn't very consistent. He is injury prone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think after last night, and if his combine + pro day go good, Manziel will be picked pretty high as well. Thats if he enters the draft.

But you'd have to give him the Dez Bryant treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    But you'd have to give him the Dez Bryant treatment.
    Let him be arrogant and walk off the field when the team is losing?

I wouldn't know how to really handle a player like that. Give him a Belichick-style locker room where it's essentially a dictatorship? Or give him a Jon Fox-style locker room where players can act how they choose and self-govern?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Let him be arrogant and walk off the field when the team is losing?

I wouldn't know how to really handle a player like that. Give him a Belichick-style locker room where it's essentially a dictatorship? Or give him a Jon Fox-style locker room where players can act how they choose and self-govern?
    I mean back when he had to have security and a curfew.

Lovie Smith is now the HC of the Bucs.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66008790 great article on NFL commentators and grading their mistakes.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-02 at 04:01 AM.

I think the Lovie Smith hiring is extremely smart for the Bucs. He is a proven coach (while a bit conservative) and that team has a lot of talent on the defensive side.

10+ Year Old Account
    That article about the commentators makes sense. I still despise Joe Buck with all of my being. Glad Dierdorf is going as well.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need more Paul Allen or Gus Johnson.

You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    That article about the commentators makes sense. I still despise Joe Buck with all of my being. Glad Dierdorf is going as well.
    Yeah I bet you guys got a lot of Joe Buck this season.

So the Bears made a deal with Cutler, 7 years, worth roughly 18m/year the first 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Bears made a deal with Cutler, 7 years, worth roughly 18m/year the first 3.
    Mediocre quarterback gets paid due to fear of the alternative. The guy can't even outshine his back up.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

He could win it, I wouldn't be surprised. I still like Bruce Arians for the pick though. Chip Kelly could too, but I feel like starting Vick over Foles in retrospect cost them some games.
    Yea but what did the Eagles go last season? They had a ton more talent than that. I agree with the Chip Kelly pick, but it isn't like he took the Jags and won the AFC East or something.

I like Sean Peyton for it, see what a difference him being back makes. Also, despite the horrible start I feel like Tomlin could be mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck Tomlin

there I mentioned him

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no way Tomlin wins it.

Yeah no way Tomlin wins it.
    Seriously... decent team underachieves, makes big comeback to get to where most expected them to be. Nothing really earthshattering there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I can't imagine this is true ... but would actually love it if it did happen. lol As a Ravens fan whose been stuck watching Harbaugh for the last 5-6 years, I would personally drive him to Michigan.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Seriously... decent team underachieves, makes big comeback to get to where most expected them to be. Nothing really earthshattering there.
    Better than like Reid or Kelly did in their respective teams. Both those teams had the talent to do so much better the year before and they failed utterly.

A mid season turn around is huge.

As a note, no way am I advocating Tomlin wins it, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if his name was discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post

I can't imagine this is true ... but would actually love it if it did happen. lol As a Ravens fan whose been stuck watching Harbaugh for the last 5-6 years, I would personally drive him to Michigan.

I think harbaugh sees the writing on the wall and may want to jump off the Titanic.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait. The guy lead your team to a Superbowl win last year, and you'd get rid of him? O.o

Also, nice video from the season, 1 second from every single game: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...in-256-seconds

Why do you say that? He's one of the best coaches in the league...I mean, who would you rather have instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pierre Thomas is out, I'm trying real hard to not be all doom & gloom for the game tomorrow but its difficult.