Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Mana will never happen for Hunters again. Even if it did, there'd be no difference between focus and mana now that everyone's on fixed mana pools. Unless you're asking for us to go back to having times of reduced damage for the sake of regeneration... Which would make you crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Sniper Shot or whatever its called getting the Chao Bolt type treatment where its like a mother fucking Kamehamea Wave but takes 3 episodes to wind up and 3/4s of a 4th episode including us reflecting on your hunter life from that first tame to one of your proudest acheivments as a hunter to this very momement when the cast is over and it flies toward the target and Parry -_-
    Holy crap that made me laugh hard. I'd cry if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    mana more mana and mana some more to revive the hunter class.
    Dude, you are just trolling now. Hunters getting focus was the greatest thing to happen to them, they won't change it back. It's a stupid idea now that we're outside the realm of 3 resource types (hell, Hunters should have had Energy back in Vanilla, imo) and your annoyingly insistent campaign on a fan site is not going to sway anyone at Blizzard.

They should drop the magical shots (from MM at least), replace them with physical bleeds/stuns/debuffs, and move away from magic as a whole. If they want to expand on magic, it should be through enchanted weapons. I was always a proponent of enchanted ammo back in the day, I wouldn't mind something like that coming back at all (ie, infinite mundane rounds, optionally load your weapon with a limited amount of enchanted ammo)

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Holy crap that made me laugh hard. I'd cry if that happened.
    Funny as hell

I don't really have issues with survival or BM. Outside of scaling and nerfs they are fine. Marks is what needs help. Bring back master tactician for starters. Bring back rapid killing also. Change wild quiver to work more how elemental overload works or just flat out replace it. Would make a lackluster spec shine without a total overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    mana more mana and mana some more to revive the hunter class.
    Just go away. Focus is objectively a better system. You don't even provide an argument for your retarded position (but protip, there isn't one).

Actually since there's no more hit/expertise, all gear is good gear for hunters. Sure a piece of gear with Crit/Haste is going to be better than say Haste/Mast, but due to the item squish and smaller numbers in WoD, Hunters will mostly be looking for an AGI increase rather than min/maxing secondary or tertiary stats.

My predictions for WoD, approved by Nostradamus: in the begining we will suck ass, then we get buffed so we kick too much ass, people will rage and we'll get nerfed until we suck again. And then the cycle repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    Actually since there's no more hit/expertise, all gear is good gear for hunters. Sure a piece of gear with Crit/Haste is going to be better than say Haste/Mast, but due to the item squish and smaller numbers in WoD, Hunters will mostly be looking for an AGI increase rather than min/maxing secondary or tertiary stats.
    What you're saying is already true. All (non-leather) agility gear is good for hunters since MoP. The main stat that determines wether an item is an upgrade is how much agility you'll gain from it. We have no (attainable) haste/mastery/crit caps, nor do we scale heavily from one stat (like Warriors and Fire Mages do with crit).

1) All 3 specs will still feel the same
    2) Blizz will probably mess with aspects part way through the expac
    3) One spec will be totally useless in pve
    4) Still no useful variety of major glyphs in pve

All specs:
    Remove aspect of the hawk, make its effects baseline.
    Introduce ranged pets. Perhaps spitting cobras or something. It could be an MM only feature, but I think it would be cool.
    Redesign the stable. It's not very nice at the moment. I'd rather have it look like the bank, with all the spaces visible at once, and when you click on a pet it shows its abilities and stats.

Marksmanship:
    Personally this spec is the most boring to me. I think it should either be entirely scrapped and a new spec put in, or drastically changed.

In terms of making it a new spec, a hunter melee class would be a cool idea I think. No pets, instead you get unique aspects that give raid wide buffs:

Howl of the Wolf - Increases crit strike
    Roar of the Tiger - Increases mastery
    Hiss of the Snake - Increases attack speed etc

There could be some other minor buffs to make up for the lack of pet utility. Also you'd be able to attack with deterrence on. Also some ranged attacks that involve throwing your melee weapon, leaving you temporarily unarmed however.

Either that, or give MM more range than the other specs, as well as a default movement increase. Hunters excel at going off and doing things like the engineers on Garrosh and the belt on Siegecrafter. Make MM the best spec to go for with roles like this. Also, give it high damage output at the cost of mobility e.g. does more damage standing still than other specs.

Survival:
    Add more traps available just to SV. Change explosive trap to fire trap, which has the same effect, and instead make explosive trap a knockback effect trap with some initial fire damage. Also add meat trap, which lures the nearest creature to it and stuns it for 8 seconds.
    Can disengage in any direction.

Beast Mastery:
    I think Beast Mastery is fine at the moment, but could be made more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarewolf View Post
    Shark: Double swim speed
    Not sure about the others, but this is a great idea.

Edit - Just realised this is more of a wishlist, oh well.
    Last edited by Rosstafa; 2014-01-07 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    What you're saying is already true. All (non-leather) agility gear is good for hunters since MoP. The main stat that determines wether an item is an upgrade is how much agility you'll gain from it. We have no (attainable) haste/mastery/crit caps, nor do we scale heavily from one stat (like Warriors and Fire Mages do with crit).
    True. I think we're the only class other than rogues that still favor primary stats more than others so we're going to have less trouble min/maxing our dps from gear compared to other classes who favor secondary stats. Currently if you have a bad streak of luck with hit/expertise items you're going to end up with either no hit/exp or too much of it. With this problem gone in wod, any item that's better than our current one will be definitely be a DPS upgrade.

EDIT: Also we're one of those classes that no matter what changes, we're always going to favor crit more than any other secondary stat. Since agi adds both AP and crit, we're always going to be wanting an agi upgrade over anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is they are probably going to change some of the shared things. Different dots for classes and not just serpent sting. Also Giving rapid fire a different secondary effect for each spec. Giving arcane shot, kill shot and cobra shot a funky effect. Like killshot buffs your pet for a few second for bm and cobra shot also extends black arrow by 2 secs up to 6 extra secs. Messing around with the aspects and doing something with serpent trap. Not sure what else.