Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    my que times have been 1-2hrs for the last 2 weeks, but i never wait longer than 15mins.

For the past couple weeks a few buddies and I get roaring drunk and queue together on alliance side and maintain a close to 100% win rate with < 60 second queues. December has been some of the most fun I've ever had in WoW. And after all the losses I got solo queuing November and before, I admittedly take a bit of perverse joy in knowing the horde teams were queued for 6 to 15 minutes to get beat down that badly.

All of my jerkiness aside though, I agree that Blizzard should institute HvH and AvA. No one should have to deal with those times when there is an obvious and already-implemented solution just waiting to be used.

they can't make same faction normal bgs. both alliance teams dks and paladins can't mount straight to frostwolf keep to faceroll win a pve race

what's the poor alliance team that gets stuck in the horde cave at the start supposed to do, defend?!?!
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    my que times have been 1-2hrs for the last 2 weeks, but i never wait longer than 15mins.
    ^ This.

Though I'm getting ridiculous queue times, I haven't actually sat in the queue for more than like 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My que is at the longest 10 mins, tonight it says 3 hours. This has to be a bug right? 3 hours is just crazy, wth is going on?

Deleted
    Guessing too many hordes want to beat the alliance in random bgs that are not av or ioc, try queuing specifically for those 2, since most horde players downvoted these you may have a shorter queue.

Too bad us, alliance, can't blacklist all bgs except av and ioc. I mean you can only blacklist 2 and those are reserved for sota and silvershard mines (where the horde team must be really retarded to manage to lose, I mean whoa, how retarded can you be to lose a bg that practically hands you victory from the start ?!)

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    they can't make same faction normal bgs. both alliance teams dks and paladins can't mount straight to frostwolf keep to faceroll win a pve race

what's the poor alliance team that gets stuck in the horde cave at the start supposed to do, defend?!?!
    If there were mixed faction BGs, I think you'd see each side getting a better appreciation of what works and doesn't work. So, yes, the alliance players who end up playing morphed to horde in AV would likely defend. And after all, alliance already usually forms recap teams in AV.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If there were mixed faction BGs, I think you'd see each side getting a better appreciation of what works and doesn't work. So, yes, the alliance players who end up playing morphed to horde in AV would likely defend. And after all, alliance already usually forms recap teams in AV.
    Well for starters the same faction bgs are a stretch lore-wise and I'm glad it's only rbgs that allow it. And 2nd, I'm not sure players would apreciate regularly being turned into other player models without their choice, I mean doing that for the duration of a dungeon or at a certain quest hub (netherwing ledge) is nice and all but that happening all the time when you want to do random bgs is...not that nice.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Blizzard will never agree to same-faction normal BGs. They only did it for Arenas and RBGs as a last resort. They want to keep the Alliance vs. Horde conflict as much as possible.

If you want shorter queue times, transfer Alliance. Can't have your cake (Horde win rates) and eat it too.
    The worst time was in early Cataclysm. Horde queues were bugged and often lasted 30 to 45 minutes, and Alliance still won everything.

I suspect many Alliance players got fat from that cake.

Deleted
    All just anecdotal except for the queue length part. At 90 my alliance monk has virtually instant queues and enjoys a very high win percentage. The horde always wins/alliance is bad is merely player myth (it annoys me greatly on my horde characters to wait longer and lose just as much/ if not more than on alliance.)

I've had more fun getting instant queues on my level 14 warrior on Alliance than doing premades on Horde at max level.
    I can't stand sitting around aoe farming mobs anymore.

Guess my crappy low level alt is going to suck up all my HK's now even though I want to play my main.
    I don't have the time to sit around waiting to start playing games that don't last as long as the wait time anymore.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    EU seems to average at 4-8 Minutes as Horde and 0-2 Minutes as Alliance. However personal experience suggests the Horde more likely to win easily and have gear often. Usual Horde Realms I see that seem to be pretty prevalent are Stormscale EU and Blackhand EU. Horde seem more serious about PVP compared to Alliance. Anyways, I'm going to start tracking my BG Wins and Losses, including Healer and Tank Count, plus Final Scores and Map. See if I can notice any patterns. Decided to start it after Two Hours and Seven straight losses as my Monk trying to win a Random BG
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I came back to pvp today and was stunned at the wait times

though tbh with RBGs taking off and it was late at night i did expect a somewhat lengthy wait time but fuck me i was expecting a wait time of 5 mins not fucking 30mins!

I guess the days of spamming BGS are over thanks blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexarion View Post
    Well for starters the same faction bgs are a stretch lore-wise
    The way I imagine it your character would be morphed to a race of the appropriate faction. Racial abilities could be a problem; how about we just remove those? They cause issues anyway.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I don't see where you are getting those numbers from. Recently I saw a statistic (can't remember where) where it said that horde is 55% and ally 45%. Granted I got 89% wins but thats because I always play in a premade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexarion View Post
    Guessing too many hordes want to beat the alliance in random bgs that are not av or ioc, try queuing specifically for those 2, since most horde players downvoted these you may have a shorter queue.

Too bad us, alliance, can't blacklist all bgs except av and ioc. I mean you can only blacklist 2 and those are reserved for sota and silvershard mines (where the horde team must be really retarded to manage to lose, I mean whoa, how retarded can you be to lose a bg that practically hands you victory from the start ?!)

How the hell do the Horde have an advantage in SotA? It's random who defends and attacks first.
    Here come the Irish.

I've posted about this a lot on the official forums but it's absolutely pointless, and so, I cancelled my sub. Anyways, in what will probably be a long post, here are your problems.

First, the honor grind. The honor grind sucks. I've been playing this game, on and off, too much on, since about 6 months after release. I did the HWL thing to rank 11, twice, and have geared out characters more times than I can count with honor gear. I, finally, lost it with this game after spending a weekend grinding AV, mostly losses, to get 365 gear, which was trumped the next week by 371 gear and Blizzard, realizing it's mistake gave me 4K honor as a refund.

The honor grind is complete artificial bullshit masturbation. It is completely pointless. You don't even get to kill bigger bosses. It's just some stupid thing you have to do because the game demands you do it. It's like starting a new job and they stick you in the copy room. Then, after 6 months they toss you in the copy room, again. And as a player base we're so stupid we think that's really cool.

One thing that SWTOR eventually got right is the bolster. I don't know how good it is at max level, and it's not perfect at lower levels, but all things considered it works pretty damn well. And from what I hear max level gearing isn't too painful either. Gear should be, at most, a trivial thing to acquire and, really should barely matter in BG/Arena.

So, this leads to a second problem: bots. When WoD is released BG's are going to be infested with bots. Every player with a bunch of toons will honestly level 1, maybe even a couple and then it's bot time for the next 5. Blizzard will sit there, with their thumbs up their behinds, knowing exactly what's going on, and do everything in their power to look like they are fixing it but to not, actually, fix anything. Three months in, they'll admit the problem, mail out the 24/72 hour bans, pretend like they did something, but, of course, by then, the worst of the bot cycle will be through, until, a couple of patches roll by, say about 6.2, when it will be terrible again.

And so, the third problem, blacklisting. Blacklisting is causing the queue times. Both factions are enabling it. Horde drops AV/IoC and Ally drops two of the others and dives into AV/IoC. This means the bot population winds up in AV/IoC for Horde and the others for Ally. It's more accurate to say the player base gets spread out so the bot to live player ratio gets distorted in their respective factions.

But, blacklisting is the big win for Blizzard. Horde players get wins, but a long Q time. Ally players get AV/IoC and wins. The bots get both. And the stupid arsed honor grind lives on.

So, it's 3 problems, honor grind, bots and blacklisting. Same faction might help, it helps in SWTOR, but it's not really solving the problem: botters pay money too and Blizzard, despite all the BS they put out, knows it, and they know how many of their player population bots and in PVP I'd bet it's a larger percentage than most people think.

One last point, the vocal player base doesn't really care. Most of the noise is made by arena/rated players. People who care about BG's, if you look at the official forums, is probably in the dozens with however many stay silent, which admittedly, may be a lot but I doubt it. There's simply not enough noise, enough cancellations, for Blizzard to cure the bot problem, which would put more real players into AV/IoC, which would lead to more Horde wins, leading to more Ally players in the other BG's, etc.

It's a death spiral and too few care.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, one last, last point. If you've been around this game long enough you realize that there is one certainty: Blizzard will sit on it's butt, forever, analyzing the problem. I work in a world that is "collaborative" and nothing gets done and when it by some miracle does get done, well, gosh, it's no one's fault if it sucks.

In the old HWL days, and anyone who was there knows this, it was awful. The worst thing that happened was Q-dodging. Q your premade, check if the other team is a premade, and if it is, drop. The system meant that noobs got stomped all day long. This went on for months, maybe more than a year before even infantile steps were made to stop it. It didn't really change until TBC which meant all of those players suddenly had to regrind gear which meant that no one was gonna capture a cave. Again, nothing was done but we got a nifty "you guys do the work and report them feature because we're too collaborative to fix the problem".

And so on and so forth.

You want shorter Q times, start quitting and tell them why. Get the population numbers low enough and they'll wake up. Until then, sit around for an expansion, and hope this is the one where they actually fix it.
    Last edited by walkingtall; 2014-01-05 at 07:30 PM.

stop venting and start this thread on the blizzard site. this NEEDS to be taken care of!

Horde v. Horde is totally fine with me, and the majority of the community it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    This has been my experience too.

The que times says an average of 1 to 2 hours, but I have NEVER had to wait that long. Obviously a glitch.

Has ANYONE actually had to wait an hour or more to get into a BG recently? Or even 30 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    stop venting and start this thread on the blizzard site. this NEEDS to be taken care of!

Horde v. Horde is totally fine with me, and the majority of the community it seems.
    Happens all day long over there. The problem isn't really faction imbalance, but, whatever. SWTOR has same faction and other than some dude with a cannon shooting at you, when you are Republic, it's no big deal.