Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Normal Cross-Realm SoO, Jan 6 Hotfixes, Connected Realm Updates, Blue Tweets, Fan Art

When Should RoS Feedback End, Does Blizzard Post Enough on the Forums, Maghda Cosplay

Blue Tweets, MG Tournament Decklist RoundUp, Legends of Hearthstone W9

Normal Difficulty Cross-Realm Siege of Orgrimmar
    It looks like we won't be seeing cross-realm Normal difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar anytime soon.

Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes: January 6
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Frost
        • Icy Talons now increases melee attack speed by 45% (up from 30%).
      • Unholy
        • Unholy Might now increases Strength by 35% (up from 25%).
    • Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 35% (up from 25%).
      • Talents
        • Aspect of the Iron Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 35% (up from 25%).
    • Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Elemental
        • Elemental Focus now increases spell damage done by 20% (up from 15%).

EU Connected Realms Update - 06/01
    We will be connecting the realms listed below later this week:

English Realms
    • (PvP) Trollbane and Shattered Halls/Talnivarr/Chromaggus/Daggerspine/Boulderfist

French Realms
    • (PvP) Rashgarroth and Arak-arahm/Throk’Feroth
    • (PvP) Sinstralis and Eldre’Thalas

Spanish Realms
    • (PvE) Colinas Pardas and Tyrande

German Realms
    • (PvP) Gul’dan and Anetheron/Rajaxx

The following realms are scheduled to be connected next week:

English Realms
    • (PvP) Ahn'Qiraj and Shattered Halls/Talnivarr/Chromaggus/Daggerspine/Boulderfist/Trollbane
    • (PvP) Bloodfeather and Kor’gall/Burning Steppes/Executus

French Realms
    • (PvP) Cho'gall and Eldre’Thalas/Sinstralis

German Realms
    • (PvP) Festung der Stürme and Anetheron/Rajaxx/Gul’dan
    • (PvE) Nozdormu and Garrosh

We do not yet have a date for the following realm connections, but will update you when we do:

English Realms
    • (RP PvP) Ravenholdt and Scarshield Legion/The Venture Co/Sporeggar
    • (PvP) Balnazzar and Shattered Halls/Talnivarr/Chromaggus/Daggerspine/Boulderfist/
      Trollbane/Ahn’qiraj

German Realms
    • Shattrath and Garrosh/Nozdormu

FAQ
    Q. My realm needs connecting, is it on your list?
    A. All low and some medium population realms will be connected. They’ll all have a healthy population when we’re done.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
    A. We'll try to keep you posted on the latest schedules as we get them.

Q. My realm has a lower population than those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
    A. The order we connect realms depends on a number of technical factors, but we will get to them all.

US Connected Realms Update 1/6
    Don't miss reading the EU FAQ! "All low and some medium population realms will be connected."
    We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, January 9th during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 6 a.m. PST through approximately 11:00 a.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Bladefist and Kul Tiras
    • Nazgrel and Nesingwary/Vek'nilash
    • Nazjatar and Blood Furnace/ Mannoroth
    • Norgannon and Kargath
    • Stormscale and Drak'Tharon/Firetree/Malorne/Rivendare/Spirestone
    • Uldaman and Ravencrest

We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do.

• Antonidas and Uldum
    • Blade's Edge and Thunderhorn
    • Bonechewer and Aegwynn/Daggerspine/Gurubashi/Hakkar
    • Destromath and Azgalor
    • Jaedenar and Agamaggan
    • Shu'halo and Eitrigg
    • Anvilmar and Undermine (TBD- On Hold)

*​Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

FAQ

Q. My realm needs connecting, why isn’t it listed?
    A. The connections listed are the phases we’ve currently finalized and have planned connection dates or estimates available for. Additional connections are possible, but they just haven’t reached that stage yet. We’ll be updating the realm connection list as phases complete and new phases are planned.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
    A. We'll update this thread with the latest information on currently planned phases.

Q. My realm has a lower population than those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
    A. Realm connections are based on a number of factors including population, faction balance, the realm’s physical location in the world compared to other realms it may be connected to, among others. It’s also worth noting that websites which attempt to track population, while helpful in many ways, are estimates based on public data which may not provide the clearest picture of actual population.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlords of Draenor Stats
    With Crit being on gear much more often in WOD are there any plans for making Crit better for Elemental with no reforging?
    A) Where did you get that Crit will be on gear much more often? B) We're considering some changes, but nothing to announce yet. (Source)

Will tertiary stats appear on PvP gear in WoD? Sockets etc. are supposed to appear randomly, though, so...
    We're talking about it still. If PvP gear doesn't have it, then PvE gear becomes better by default. (Source)
    Wish we could chose our tertiary stats on PvP gear, kinda like reforging but for 100% value...
    Keep in mind that tertiary stats are intended to be very rare. So, whatever the PvP design, the rarity would match PvE. (Source)

What about removing Spirit and let Haste be the main factor of mana regen? Throwing ideas around. @Celestalon
    Spirit's value varies significantly between classes. One contributor is what the other secondaries do for regen. (Source)
    We're looking at potential changes in that regard, to standardize that better between classes. (Source)

What will you do with hit, exp etc in 6.0? Convert to other stats or just remove them?
    Convert them to other stats. (Source)
    What about Spirit? On clothes? On Jewelry? Some DPS casters are using them on rings/neck at least.
    No spirit on armor may involve increasing the amount of spirit on non-armor. That makes it more complex to change existing armor. We recognize the problem and are planning potential solutions, but aren't ready to give specifics yet. (Source)
    Wouldn't increasing the amount of regen spirit gives instead avoid that issue?
    That may be part of it, but we may change how we itemize non-armor pieces. Just complicates the issue. (Source)
    If healers have enough regen with 1-2 spirit pieces in first raid tier, what happens to mana regen later on?
    "Enough" is a very ethereal concept. It also varies with other gear. And definitely not from 1-2 items in the first tier. (Source)
    Then between 3 and 6 (of 7) slots. If item stats triple again, will only need max 2 spirit pieces in final tier. Also, sockets.
    Sounds like you're ignoring the fact that "enough" changes between tiers. (Source)

Warlords of Draenor PvE
    ... or the difference between LFR/normal/hc/mythic could also be a tad lower, like 10 itemlevels instead of the current 13.
    A larger gap between tiers allows us to have bosses that test performance more. It also makes upgrades "feel" noticeable. (Source)

you know how battle rez will work in normal/heroic? 3 regardless of size like current flex?
    We're investigating some possible solutions. We want to make it scale by size, but know that breakpoints are not the answer. It ... (Source)
    ... may be an opportunity to solve some other problems with the system, like # available being hidden, and the # being the same ... (Source)
    ... on short vs long fights. We don't have details to share yet, but those are concerns we're thinking about. May not fix all those (Source)

PvP
    Why not go GW2 sPvP style? They made it all skill based and still rewarding. Cooler looking gear as you progress.
    The Trial of the Gladiator is our plan for a "gearless" PvP ecosystem. 0% chance we're removing gear in PvP overall. (Source)

Any chance PvP trinket will have a unique sound in the near future?
    Excellent idea. Thanks for pointing it out. (Source)
    Definitely a great idea!
    Well, the proper authorities have been notified! (Source)

ok death grip bugs on tolviron and shado pan for over a year now 100% chance when target is next to a wall. Why are you ignoring it
    We'll have to follow up on it. It requires geometry and collision work. We've discussed it before. (Source)

Please encourage pvp participation in random bgs with CP, 100 when you win and 50 when you lose. I hate Arenas and Rbgs.
    I could see doing something similar to what we do in RBGs (base on final score). Would have to give it more thought. (Source)

winning one awarded 5,6 or 7, losing takes you 14
    Aware of MMR issues. We've been doing some work on the system but it isn't appropriate to roll it out mid season. (Source)

Poll - Cross-Realm Siege of Orgrimmar Normal
    Would you like to see cross-realm Normal difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar enabled before Warlords of Draenor?

Fan Art
    We have some more WoW fan art today!

Last edited by chaud; 2014-01-07 at 09:07 AM.

We dont need Soo cross realm right now. It would be a mess.

As much as I would enjoy cross realm normal SoO, seeing as ally on my server is tiny, it would be such a mess. I can stay content with my alts only doing LFR and Flex for now.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Anvilmar and Undermine (TBD- On Hold)" I am really wondering why this connection keeps getting delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I wouldn't mind it at all. There are only two guilds in my Connected Realm group that are doing Heroic SoO (meaning they do a more casual normal SoO), and both are 10 man. My main and alt are done with Flex and have nothing to do raiding wise until WoD without committing to a regular raiding schedule with guilds that are somewhat behind.

I would rather be able to do at least some (if not most or all) of normal SoO than nothing at all!

If MMO sees this: please - let them connect english eu realm : Bloodhoof to any realm because the realm is dying and my main characters are there ... even on horde (especially dying)

Deleted
    Why would crossrealm SoO normals be a problem tactics/gearwise? You chose who to group with. If you pug with bad people that's on you, not the design. I'd love to be able to fill our normal/heroic raids with the odd outsider when we're short on people (it happens).

10+ Year Old Account
    T12 (FL) only became cross-realm with T13 patch. T13 (DS) only became cross-realm with MoP pre-patch. T14 (MSV/HoF/ToES) only went cross-realm with T15 patch. T15 (ToT) only went cross-realm with T16 patch. Why are people suddenly expecting T16 to be cross-realm half-way through the tier, before the Beta for WoD has even been announced, let alone a release date for the expansion, and we're nowhere NEAR the pre-patch? I can understand people asking for it to go cross-realm half way through beta testing, at the absolute earliest. Would it expect it far more with the WoD pre-patch. But seriously, THIS early?

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    T12 (FL) only became cross-realm with T13 patch. T13 (DS) only became cross-realm with MoP pre-patch. T14 (MSV/HoF/ToES) only went cross-realm with T15 patch. T15 (ToT) only went cross-realm with T16 patch. Why are people suddenly expecting T16 to be cross-realm half-way through the tier, before the Beta for WoD has even been announced, let alone a release date for the expansion, and we're nowhere NEAR the pre-patch? I can understand people asking for it to go cross-realm half way through beta testing, at the absolute earliest. Would it expect it far more with the WoD pre-patch. But seriously, THIS early?
    Flex didn't exist during those tiers. The difficulty jump between Flex and Normal isn't as huge compared to LFR and Normal. It would be possible for PuGs to complete a significant part of SoO if they selected people carefully. Larger realms already have some SoO PuGs.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Really?

Openraid groups can't do worse than the random pugs on my server...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Flex didn't exist during those tiers. The difficulty jump between Flex and Normal isn't as huge compared to LFR and Normal. It would be possible for PuGs to complete a significant part of SoO if they selected people carefully. Larger realms already have some SoO PuGs.
    And small realms are stuck with random noobs from trade or trying 5man
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Iron_...all/14/60/p90/
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Malko...all/14/60/p90/

So. Umm. What makes Hunters worthy of hotfix buffs and not, say, Priests or Paladins?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 8/14 hcon my main and 7/14 hc on an alt, all my alts have at least 14/14 normal. This has been purely through pugs on Stormscale, a PvP oriented realm. On my lock I'm doing a weekly "pug" group where we progress through heroics and clear the rest normal, that's one night a week and we're currently 8/14 hc and planning to go 9/14 hc next week. My other characters just get a true /2 pug and gets full normal, sometimes with some heroics.

How could premade groups via openraid possibly find SoO normal too hard then? When it's quite easily doable on a pvp-oriented realm. Back in cata I got my lifebinder in a weekly farm-group on openraid due to cross-realm hc's and I'd love to see that again. We choose who we want to play with so I can't see why the developers care if it can be hard, it still opens for the possibility of easier grouping than it is now.

I have friends I'd love to do SOO normal with, their guilds can kill Garrosh normal and sometimes are missing people since they are more casual (my server died while I was on a break) so I could get the Garrosh mount without transferring.

The last 2 weeks on my main I went 0/14N and 1/14N with a 560 ilvl. I moved to a new (high pop) server yesterday, found a PUG in trade and we went 13/14 1 shotting nearly every boss with ease.

I kill Flex 4 garrosh every single week in a cross realm group. I get that there may be technical issues to implement it but I do not at all see a reason it would need to be a wipe fest just because its a PUG.

I create decent groups through oqueue all the time but the downside is we replace people along the way in Flex and that would be harder to do with a fixed raid lockout but that is still more of a technical problem more so than the quality of the people I run with that happen to be PUGing with me.

Some people wouldn't wan't to miss some of the bosses because of lockout in cross realm groups but thats still better than being 14/14 flex every week and not being able to go into normal at all.

It took a realm xfer but thankfully this is no longer an issue for me but I still feel for all the other people on med/low pop realms who can't find people to raid normal with. Assuming the group is full of people who completed flex already they are going to kill some stuff in norm too.
    Last edited by milliamp; 2014-01-07 at 09:45 AM.

The argument that the failure rate would too high sounds completely hollow and illogical. He makes it sound like there's something inherently different about finding a random player from another realm compared to finding one from your own. How is potential failure worse than not being able to try in the first place? Even worse the conversation as a whole reads as if he doesn't understand the reasoning and is simply trying to brush the guy off. I don't buy for a single second that there's some massive technological hurdle in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I have friends I'd love to do SOO normal with, their guilds can kill Garrosh normal and sometimes are missing people since they are more casual (my server died while I was on a break) so I could get the Garrosh mount without transferring.
    Garrosh mount is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by bonechene View Post
    Garrosh mount is garbage.
    lol I wouldn't use it is the thing, but I have a thing with trying to collect mounts before they get removed. plus it would make #200 on the 200 mount achieve....

Why the poll? Might as well make the poll as "Do you want to delay Warlords of Draenor just to have cross-realm Normal SoO now?"

My answer to both would be an emphatic No.

Why buff hunters? :\

They could just flat nerf SoO normal by 10% if difficulty is seen as a problem. The new normals (WoD Heroics) are going to be cross-realm anyway, which makes me think it will be easier than SoO normals. I suspected this to be the case already because anything with flex scaling is going to be quite a bit easier with a full raid to encourage the social aspect and not kicking low performers. It ensures its doable at any group size with very conservative scaling, as amount of player damage added outscales boss hp scaling.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-01-07 at 10:17 AM.