Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The sad part is that WoL has been accepting peoples money when it's been shit and fight detection has taken way to long for all of MoP.

I've stopped using it at all and when WL gets something like the expression editor from WoL there's not gonna be any disadvantage.

WoL is functional and still works perfectly for analyzing fights.

Fights being improperly flagged and bugged ranks don't really matter for fight analysis imo. Yeah, it's sloppy and the site's owners don't seem to care anymore, but it still works perfectly for analysis.

The log browser / expression editor are amazing features and I didn't find anything like it on warcraftlogs last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah
    WoL is functional and still works perfectly for analyzing fights.

Fights being improperly flagged and bugged ranks don't really matter for fight analysis imo. Yeah, it's sloppy and the site's owners don't seem to care anymore, but it still works perfectly for analysis.

The log browser / expression editor are amazing features and I didn't find anything like it on warcraftlogs last time I checked.
    The log browser equivalent has been implemented. Click the Add Pin button on the filter bar to build queries. It's still a work in progress though. Expression pins are not yet implemented but are coming. All of the "log browser" functionality is implemented and usable right now though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    Hi, I am the creator of Warcraft Logs. That line was just a standard disclaimer to remind people that desktop client applications have full access to your file system. This is true of any desktop client that you install. There aren't any known security issues with the client application.
    Hi, never actually seen that disclaimer before and the way its written (i'm not native english speaking.) it makes me read it as you excuse any responseability due to pre-alpha, buggy, security risks etc. If what you say is true, i would either remove that line, or perhaps word it differently

Quote Originally Posted by santa666
    Hi, never actually seen that disclaimer before and the way its written (i'm not native english speaking.) it makes me read it as you excuse any responseability due to pre-alpha, buggy, security risks etc. If what you say is true, i would either remove that line, or perhaps word it differently
    I removed it.

It's not like the WoL client doesn't have full access to the filesystem...

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    The sad part is that WoL has been accepting peoples money when it's been shit and fight detection has taken way to long for all of MoP.
    Well honestly I don't really mind them getting the money for the long years of support but it left certainly quite a bad taste the way it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bad thing about WoL is that it feels abandoned at the moment.
    The last update on the main page is 4 months old and the ranking are messed up since the logs are not getting monitored.
    I just learned for warcraftlogs.com i may start using it also, it seems way better than WoL at a first glance.

The people over at WoL have basically given up on keeping things up to date. If you read their forums from back when Siege released, they literally said they were not aware the new patched release until they started reading the support tickets on their forums because they no longer play/keep up to date with WoW. Someone asked them if they plan on keeping things up to date, and they said only if the community provides them with all the information needed for detection and all that. Basically, they have decided they want to do nothing and continue to rake in the money from ad revenue and premium accounts.

Warcraftlogs.com is a much better site, with an active development team that is super interactive with the community. They are constantly adding new features that the community requests. Overall, warcraftlogs is amazing, but is still in its very early stages. I'd expect by next tier/expac, warcraftlogs will be the go-to combat parsing website if they keep their great work up.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

The expression editor in worldoflogs is extremely important to me for proper analysis. Quickly checking spellcast interrupts on thok trough the expression editor to see what players fail allot. And countless of other expressions I used to figure stuff out. This is actually the important part of combat logging, not the 'overall damage' players do. I'm not sure how well warcraftlogs can do this atm, but its a neccesary feature if they want players to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    The expression editor in worldoflogs is extremely important to me for proper analysis. Quickly checking spellcast interrupts on thok trough the expression editor to see what players fail allot. And countless of other expressions I used to figure stuff out. This is actually the important part of combat logging, not the 'overall damage' players do. I'm not sure how well warcraftlogs can do this atm, but its a neccesary feature if they want players to switch.
    It's coming soon. Everything the log browser could do is available in warcraftlogs atm (in the form of Pins) and the example you used is available on warcraft logs normally (here it is for our last kill). Yea, it still has a little way to go, but it's getting there quickly!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Warcraft logs handles that better right now without needing an expression editor, and more importantly anyone can understand it when you want to link the results to non logging site users.

Here is my last Thok (25N) kill from last night - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pts&target=215

Thats the total interupts from deafening screech, in numbers and percentages of casts. Hover over the "name>thok the bloodthirsty" for the summary of how many interrupts per person, hover over the bars on the graph to see what spell or by who and how long into the cast, or click on the individual raid members names for detailed information. All with easy to read graphs!

www.warcraftlogs.com does everyone that WoL does but sometimes a little differently and always a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    The people over at WoL have basically given up on keeping things up to date. If you read their forums from back when Siege released, they literally said they were not aware the new patched release until they started reading the support tickets on their forums because they no longer play/keep up to date with WoW. Someone asked them if they plan on keeping things up to date, and they said only if the community provides them with all the information needed for detection and all that. Basically, they have decided they want to do nothing and continue to rake in the money from ad revenue and premium accounts..
    they've also refused to allow interested people help maintain the site or pass it on to someone who would keep it up to date, because of protecting their "trade secrets".