Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/holinka/s...n_name=holinka (just so its in all these threads).
    Well that's interesting. We'll see, but that does contradict him saying 20-25 weeks for a season is good.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

https://mobile.twitter.com/holinka/s...n_name=holinka (just so its in all these threads).
    EDIT: Nevermind, should have read it before commenting, sorry.
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2014-01-08 at 06:16 PM.

All that for the "we are going to push out expansion content faster now"... That's what we wanted to hear after 1 billion years of clipping Deathwing's nails and we are getting another joyful neverending period of SoO.. I am getting so sick of these guys! Each time they don't follow up on their promises is a major let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know for sure that I'm not going to grind SoO for 1 year like I did with ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbestWhale View Post
    All that for the "we are going to push out expansion content faster now"... That's what we wanted to hear after 1 billion years of clipping Deathwing's nails and we are getting another joyful neverending period of SoO.. I am getting so sick of these guys! Each time they don't follow up on their promises is a major let down.
    I'm fine if they delay the expansion, but I wish they'd stop assuming the players understand their reasoning all of the time.

If it's true that WoD is now pushed back to post-summer, I'd like for there to be a watercooler about WHY they had to delay the expansion. What was the pressing need to delay it? Rather than leaving us all guessing as to why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    The 20 weeks was meant for seasons in WoD. This and the extra season will probably be different.

If they are doing the announcement for the extra season soon, that means the next season will come within a month.
    If it does come within a month, and they're fine with 16 weeks (4 months), I'd see June as a probable launch.

At the very absolutely least this has killed any hope of WoD in April, maybe even May.

If we get another small raid of 3-5 bosses and get to kill Wrathion, maybe it's not so bad.

But no, I think my 5/14 HC guild may have plenty of time to work on SOO. I want flex-style raids now - our 10-man has between 3 and 5 capable potential raiders just gathering dust until the next xpack, when I hope we can just add to the raid roster. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well that's interesting. We'll see, but that does contradict him saying 20-25 weeks for a season is good.
    It depends on how you read that 20-25 week tweet. He only said that to him its the ideal and that others may disagree with him. If you recall, GC was well known to be against 10m as a premier raid format yet while GC was there, 10m and 25m were merged together difficulty wise. It possibly is the same thing here.

Was Holinka the pvp person during end of Cata? That was a 38ish week season. Certainly not the ideal 20-25 to him season.

Now you can read it as that's what they plan on doing, another 20 week season, but judging by his 2nd tweet I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

If it does come within a month, and they're fine with 16 weeks (4 months), I'd see June as a probable launch.

At the very absolutely least this has killed any hope of WoD in April, maybe even May.
    That I'd agree with but I don't know why anyone would've thought that anyways as there wasn't any reasonable statistics or past experience to suggest earlier than June.

No it doesn't. Someone asked how long he thinks a season should last, he answered 20-25 weeks. Everyone took that to mean that the next season would last that long but that's not what was said. There's no contradiction.

10+ Year Old Account

That I'd agree with but I don't know why anyone would've thought that anyways as there wasn't any reasonable statistics or past experience to suggest earlier than June.
    A lot of people were thinking April because Elder Scrolls Online was launching in April and Blizz would want WoD out to "steal players."

just stop laying to yourself and ull feel much better - this 20-25 weeks tweet means nothing else as WoD release will be the usual autumn september/october game release - just stop living in delusional post blizzcon world and come back to earth -_-

How Beta and Blizzard work

I don't know if it's just me but a buddy of mine and I myself don't think WoD won't come out during the summer UNLESS Blizzard has sent out limited closed beta (with NDA restrictions) to their friends and family and possibly other gamers. Usually when the close beta comes out for WoD it'll be approx 4-6 months before the game is actually out. To see an example, and unfortunate I can't post a link because I just signed up, google wowwiki/beta and you'll see when beta started and xpac came out under that site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekeus View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but a buddy of mine and I myself don't think WoD won't come out during the summer UNLESS Blizzard has sent out limited closed beta (with NDA restrictions) to their friends and family and possibly other gamers. Usually when the close beta comes out for WoD it'll be approx 4-6 months before the game is actually out. To see an example, and unfortunate I can't post a link because I just signed up, google wowwiki/beta and you'll see when beta started and xpac came out under that site.
    Well one big change is Blizz canned Alpha Testing after the fiasco that was the Cataclysm leaking.

So that saves a few months on testing, since they can run alpha in-house during (or even before) Blizzcon.

Still, 4 months is probably a good average for how long it takes.

It was never going to be released April and May, although possible, is unlikely, especially with ROS being released in Q1, compared to June. Going back to Cata every major content patch and expansion has been released in the last month, or very close to if in the second month, of the quarter which, at a guess, I would say is to maximize the effect the new content has on reported subscriber numbers. It is likely that WOD will follow this pattern and will be, hopefully, launched in June.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It was never going to be released April and May, although possible, is unlikely, especially with ROS being released in Q1, compared to June. Going back to Cata every major content patch and expansion has been released in the last month, or very close to if in the second month, of the quarter which, at a guess, I would say is to maximize the effect the new content has on reported subscriber numbers. It is likely that WOD will follow this pattern and will be, hopefully, launched in June.
    RoS and WoD will not "cancel each other out" as a lot of people claim. It's an expansion to a game most WoW players hate, and an expansion to a game most D3 fans don't play anymore.

The only reason it won't be out in April is because it won't be ready for April.

And I need a new mouse, the scroll wheel on this one is going crazy...

Why are we not at a point yet where mods just close this stupid kind of shit for repeat topics and lack of any possible constructive discussion. There's no possible new or constructive viewpoints on this subject or any even remotely related to it. Every other page is the same irrational baseless crap that's been regurgitated thousands of times lately. At some point enough has to be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimuryl View Post
    If we get another small raid of 3-5 bosses and get to kill Wrathion, maybe it's not so bad.

But no, I think my 5/14 HC guild may have plenty of time to work on SOO. I want flex-style raids now - our 10-man has between 3 and 5 capable potential raiders just gathering dust until the next xpack, when I hope we can just add to the raid roster. Blah.
    Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the highest level of raiding (equivalent to what is now heroic raiding) will not be available in flex style; they said it would be static 20man for Mythic (new heroic raid) difficulty.

Mage (retired)
    13 toons with Season 1 CM transmog (11/11 classes) 11 max rank Season 1 brawlers (11/11 classes)
    Check out my stream for random, casual gameplay (mostly FFXIV come 2015; FFIX/SA2B speedruns eventually when I have the hardware!)

RoS and WoD will not "cancel each other out" as a lot of people claim. It's an expansion to a game most WoW players hate, and an expansion to a game most D3 fans don't play anymore.

The only reason it won't be out in April is because it won't be ready for April.

And I need a new mouse, the scroll wheel on this one is going crazy...
    Whether or not this true is neither here nor there Blizzard will not release two major titles in the same period it makes no sense for them to be competing with themselves.

I agree that it will not be ready for April but even this was not the case it is doubtful they would run the risk of releasing so close to ROS and they will want to release near the end of the quarter in order to maximise the number the subs reported it would be a PR disaster if by the end of the quarter there had been little or no sub growth.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Why are we not at a point yet where mods just close this stupid kind of shit for repeat topics and lack of any possible constructive discussion. There's no possible new or constructive viewpoints on this subject or any even remotely related to it. Every other page is the same irrational baseless crap that's been regurgitated thousands of times lately. At some point enough has to be enough.
    This is the area for discussion on WoD. It's release date is something to discuss. I don't quite see the problem here.