longtime tank, i refuse to do LFR to get gear to do flex

as the title says, i recently finished my cloak on my warlock, i am never setting foot in lfr again. at the moment i am just pvping as feral but ive been thinking of dabbling back into tanking. since ive been playing druid since TBC, ive played all specs, but i enjoyed tanking the most and thats what i did the longest. ive been tanking since vanilla and current bear feels like its 2000% idiot proof. my question is, would i be able to just farm out timeless gear and start doing flex, allowing me to skip lfr completely? or are there certain pieces in LFR that are just too good for bears that id be handicapping myself by not getting

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    as the title says, i recently finished my cloak on my warlock, i am never setting foot in lfr again. at the moment i am just pvping as feral but ive been thinking of dabbling back into tanking. since ive been playing druid since TBC, ive played all specs, but i enjoyed tanking the most and thats what i did the longest. ive been tanking since vanilla and current bear feels like its 2000% idiot proof. my question is, would i be able to just farm out timeless gear and start doing flex, allowing me to skip lfr completely? or are there certain pieces in LFR that are just too good for bears that id be handicapping myself by not getting
    Timeless + world boss + crafted gear is plenty. It'll just take longer to reach your desired ilvl.

yah, burden timeless even has a better ilvl, also consider normal and heroic ToT as well as corg's suggestions

flex is basically just mechanics check with a much harder to hit enrage timer, and for some reason there's just as much healing to be done despite being "easier than normal," one you get there it should be decently fun

although if you have friends, doing LFR with 2 or 3 friends while laughing at all the stupid shit going on and tanking/taunting bosses in healing specs can be very entertaining, although doing every part each week can be painful, but if you just use it for some pieces and wings, it won't be too awful

I suppose it depends on your server and what the standards are for getting into a flex group (unless it's a guild run, in which case you should be able to go a little lower ilvl). Some servers have higher ilvl requirements than others for the average flex run.

As was previously stated, it will also take you longer to gear out if you avoid LFR.

Did the same thing on my shaman(healing), didnt want to do a single lfr... got crafted, ordos, celestials and timeless gear, my ilvl was about 515 which should be good, but my healing sucked because my weapon was a 450 i had used since 85, had to run lfr for that single upgrade, got it 1 week later

TBH with the 20% nerf that ToT got you should be fine in 510 on Heroics up until Dark Animus at least. All of that gear is 535 so can be faster and allow you to spend Burdens more wisely. Plus you can farm out your Legendary stuff while doing that. Your weapon will be the biggest issue but if you can find a BS with enough Lightning Steel Ingots just make Stormherald, Reborn and go from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    certain pieces in LFR that are just too good for bears that id be handicapping myself by not getting
    If you work hard getting some crafted gear and Timess 533 gear using the Burdens, I'd say try and do LFR to at least get a weapon off Immerseus or Malkorok, maybe a trinket or 2. That would be my only suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by opbear View Post
    If you work hard getting some crafted gear and Timess 533 gear using the Burdens, I'd say try and do LFR to at least get a weapon off Immerseus or Malkorok, maybe a trinket or 2. That would be my only suggestion.
    Oh, I missed that part of OP's post. Only trinket I'd say would be worth trying to get from LFR is Vial and even then not all that much; I'd rather just farm the coins for 535 tank and agi dps trinkets from the Timeless Isle or just run Heroic ToT for Renataki's and Talisman of Bloodlust.

Deleted
    I suggest you to get addon "oQueue" there are flex raids that accepts ~515ilvl tanks at least for 1st wing. Timeless Isle is a big help aswell, doing the both bosses will boost you past the ilvl granted from lfr if you are lucky. What comes to burdens, they are now extremely rare.

thx for the feedback.

i already use oqueue.

my main question was that if there were a few pieces, mostly weapons and trinkets that are too good from soo lfr to pass up. people mentioned a few, immerseus weapon etc.

you will want a weapon from somewhere. Soo lfr or tot normal whould be the best source of drop for that slot unless you have garrosh herilooms.

thx for the feedback.

i already use oqueue.

my main question was that if there were a few pieces, mostly weapons and trinkets that are too good from soo lfr to pass up. people mentioned a few, immerseus weapon etc.
    Immerseus weapon is quite nice. At least the one good thing about that wing is that it's a complete joke on LFR so you shouldn't have too bad a time queueing. However I would take any heroic ToT piece over LFR SoO because of the ilvl advantage unless a LFR SoO tier piece gave you T16 4 set.

Deleted
    It's quite simple tbh. With low ilvl no decent group will invite you and doing Flex with a bunch of LFR heroes is basically just doing LFR. So unless you have a guild who can boost you or a friend who can get you into a good group, I'd consider going Feral and just set loot specialization to Guardian in LFR.

If I saw you in trade with nothing but TI gear, I'd most likely decline you. But then again, I don't invite randoms with less than 545 ilvl so maybe that's just me. Although there's a lot of threads on MMO with people complaining how they can't ever find a decent Flex group, cause the requirements are set too high. So I guess it all comes down to whether or not you have another way of getting into decent groups.