Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraftlogs has an active admin who loves WoW, is constantly improving the site, and looks like they care to improve raid tools and add new and interesting features (such as execution ratings and whatnot), they won't be a paywall to get rankings (currently you only rank on WOL past 150 is to be a paid subscriber).

Even if you get the worldoflogs.com people to fix their shit today, they have consistently demonstrated a lack of enthusiasm for this game and it would really be a stop-gap measure to retain their paid subscriptions. At this point, I don't know why you'd -want- to save WOL instead of supporting a new community that is responsive and passionate.

I can't register on WCL. Everytime I try I get the same Errorcode.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Warcraftlogs has an active admin who loves WoW, is constantly improving the site, and looks like they care to improve raid tools and add new and interesting features (such as execution ratings and whatnot), they won't be a paywall to get rankings (currently you only rank on WOL past 150 is to be a paid subscriber).

Even if you get the worldoflogs.com people to fix their shit today, they have consistently demonstrated a lack of enthusiasm for this game and it would really be a stop-gap measure to retain their paid subscriptions. At this point, I don't know why you'd -want- to save WOL instead of supporting a new community that is responsive and passionate.
    Trying to get it fixed for this tier since it's the go-to raid log atm in terms of competition and applicant evaluation. It's also what sites like epeen/heroes/pro-raiders are linked up to. It takes time for people and other sites to transition, and as such there isn't as much competition on WarcraftLogs. I accept that WoL is doomed and it makes sense that it will and should be replaced by WarcraftLogs for WoD. I remember the days of WWS, etc. This isn't the first time it's happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Revanchism View Post
    Trying to get it fixed for this tier since it's the go-to raid log atm in terms of competition and applicant evaluation. It's also what sites like epeen/heroes/pro-raiders are linked up to. It takes time for people and other sites to transition, and as such there isn't as much competition on WarcraftLogs. I accept that WoL is doomed and it makes sense that it will and should be replaced by WarcraftLogs for WoD. I remember the days of WWS, etc. This isn't the first time it's happened.
    Ah, but it soon will have as much or more competition. Yesterday he had as much or more traffic than WoL, and the site's in it's early days yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    I can't register on WCL. Everytime I try I get the same Errorcode.
    Yea the amount of traffic it got yesterday was gigantic compared to previous days, should be fixed soon.

Tried to use WCL, the site is so slow that its like being back in the 90s again. Lets hope that get changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr
    Tried to use WCL, the site is so slow that its like being back in the 90s again. Lets hope that get changed.
    I just re-launched the site with upgraded hardware. It should be good now.

I can say i have used WoL for quite some time and its been great but as others have stated it has diminished. I tried out WCL for the first time last night and i'm completely hooked >< the amount of details to everything and bringing stuff to a more visual level has helped some of my raiders instead of just #s and a graph. The thing im talking about is the combat replay, it has helped me as a raid leader and helped my other raiders understand exactly what they should be doing and allows me to show them the exact times they were out of place and so on. All in all though both are great just as others have said WoL has definitely lost my interest :/

I just wish they hadn't named it warcraft logs. Wol was so easy to say, warcraft logs has too many syllables.

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    I just wish they hadn't named it warcraft logs. Wol was so easy to say, warcraft logs has too many syllables.
    World-of-logs (WOL)

War-craft-logs (WCL)

They are identical in # of syllables, as well as acronym length. Odd reason to be annoyed anyway :P
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    World-of-logs (WOL)

War-craft-logs (WCL)

They are identical in # of syllables, as well as acronym length. Odd reason to be annoyed anyway :P
    No, you can say WOL like Wall, but WCL you need to pronounce the double u.

Everything in the game gets boiled down to the least number of syllables.

Dragon Soul becomes DS, Throne of Thunder becomes Throne or Tot, Siege of Orgrimmar becomes Soo. Fan of Knives becomes Fok, etc,
    Last edited by xiic; 2014-01-10 at 02:09 AM.

Well I think saying acronyms like words is kinda silly, so we will just have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2014-01-10 at 02:13 AM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Took me a sec to find a guild with advanced combat logging enabled.

Press play at the bottom left.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...40&view=replay

Pretty darn cool.

Everything in the game gets boiled down to the least number of syllables.

Dragon Soul becomes DS, Throne of Thunder becomes Throne or Tot, Siege of Orgrimmar becomes Soo. Fan of Knives becomes Fok, etc,
    You must be a funny guy if you actually say wol/fok/tot out loud :P odd reason to be annoyed about acronyms that are mostly only used on online web forums haha.

I believe even on voice chat, people don't say fok or tot or soo or wol(sounds similar to lol) etc. Most people I know just say the name itself like black arrow or cloak haha
    Mew!

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens every couple of years anyways. The current log site stops giving a crap and everyone moves on to a new one.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    This happens every couple of years anyways. The current log site stops giving a crap and everyone moves on to a new one.
    People have generally been using World of Logs since I believe the end of TBC. People did use WoW Meter Online and some other one, but those were never kept up to date and eventually fell behind World of Logs. The admins over at WoL have even said they don't play anymore, and only update the site when a new raid comes out to fix fight detection (which is still broken on their site, fyi). At least Kihra actively plays, and is available on twitter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Yeah and behind both sites sits the same developer and owner.

I'm switching to Warcraft Logs this week, it's much cleaner and far easier to read, and looks very promising.

The single biggest thing that will make the WoL guys wake up, is people using Warcraft Logs or any other logging sites.

If WoL guys don't care any more about WoW, why not sell up? Why not recruit someone who does? Years of work just to leave it to die?
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-01-10 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Seeing this thread we are trying out WCL, seems pretty good but rating are a little off compared to WOL but thats not supprising.

Deleted
    The best way to get WoL to shape up is to move to WCL, once it gains traction WoL will be forced to fix their shit or get left behind.

Competition between the two sites is the best outcome for the players.