Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    16000 is how many raid teams?

Imagine a room of 16000 people. That is a ton of people. All of those people have completed the hardest content around.
    Imagine the size of the room holding the other 6,984,000 players.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    I dunno. I don't think heroics are meant for everyone. These kills are earned by the small percent of players actually willing to put in the time and effort. The percentages seem fine to me. Also I haven't killed Heroic Garrosh yet and I'm still content with our current progression.

I don't feel like I'm entitled to the kill. If we get it we earned it.
    If there were more people with this mentality in the world, there would be alot less spoiled little shits running around.

I respect this man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    One of the reasons why I was fond of the multiple but smaller raids in T11 and T14. Want to progress on a specific boss? Less getting in the immediate way of you getting to them and can do farm night of the others later in the week.

A single large raid has a more epic feel but seems to burn people out faster. ICC and Ulduar did it right in that regard with single large raids as you have more control over the order you did bosses and could jump to progression faster in the week.
    Heroic wise I preferred ToT with the non-linear difficulty of bosses. It prolonged it because you decided to skip Horridon and go work on IQ ever though your guild could of gotten both down and you also got a break in progression and got to go kill some normal farm bosses in between the heroic kills. It also doesn't limit Blizzards imagination and can make each fight to its fullest potential without worrying about linear difficulty, which is why I think everyone though the first 8-10 bosses in Siege were undertuned.

What a waste of resources to even do heroic modes.

A point I haven't seen made yet...

.23% kill rate is not a measure of the difficulty of the specific encounter. There are 13 encounters prior you must kill within the same lockout to even be able to attempt this fight. Thus the .23% value is an really the indicator of the difficulty of defeating all 14 bosses, not simply H Garrosh.

And to echo points that have been made in a number of posts, it is good that the ultimate end game is hard and needs to be earned and not something many will do, either due to personal choice, lack of opportunity, or lack of ability.
    Last edited by Namor of Muradin; 2014-01-10 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    What a waste of resources to even do heroic modes.
    Without a heroic setting, raiders would just up and quit after completing reg.

Raiders make up a smaller % of the game's playerbase but raiders are also the primary knowledge base and the cornerstone of server communities. Losing them hurts everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Isn't like.... every tier like this anyways?

Will most likely still be under 1%-1.5% in 4 months unless they start the % nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    Imagine the size of the room holding the other 6,984,000 players.
    Just a side note but these figures don't include Asian subs so the number 7 million is vastly over estimated

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    How are your raiders geared? Maybe try to extend lockout or skip hc bosses which you don't need or are just too annoying?

- - - Updated - - -

Ye, I said you need to find a guild. Pugging doesn't work. Never did.
    and you need gear which you need to lfr then flex and then find a guild for normal which will gear you as the get ready for heroic, that is a huge commitment without getting burned out

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    99.77% of the players still have raiding content they have not finished. Seems like success to me.
    Or they gave up. Not necessarily a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    This, honestly i've seen the Garrosh fight on easier modes, I have absolutely no motivation to spend multiple nights a week for a few months just to see it with +100% damage and a small extra phase that I could youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    If there were more people with this mentality in the world, there would be alot less spoiled little shits running around.

I respect this man.
    ThunderPussy. Man. You sure about that?

No, but if thousands of players have downed heroic garrosh, it means Blizzard can tune a even harder fight for only hundreds to be able to do.
    Blizzard could tune a boss so difficult only 25 could kill it, if that - yet, what's the point? If it's unbeatable, then it has no draw.

0.23% killing heroic Garrosh at this point means he has no draw for at least 94% of the playerbase that hasn't down at least heroic Immersius.

This is seriously leaning toward "devs wasting time and money designing heroic raid content" when they could be designing content to occupy the other 94%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    There is no evidence to suggest that people give up however. Some people might quit because they get bored or because they think that completing one iteration of the raid is enough. That is a whole different subject however.

So a video game cant have exclusivity like the olympics? Why not? Why shouldnt there be something for only the best of the best of the best no matter what the subject is?
    Because Olympians get sponsors to support them through the Olympics and train vigorously every day for years to compete. They don't just pay $49.95 for the box and $14.95 a month and play after they get home from work.

For you to even insinuate that speaks volumes.

0.23% killing heroic Garrosh at this point means he has no draw for at least 94% of the playerbase that hasn't down at least heroic Immersius.
    Funny considering 94% of the playerbase has already way more content available than they could ever complete.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Could also be interpreted as 99.77% of players don't care, or aren't incentivized enough to finish all the content. Just playing devil's advocate, eveh though I know a big reason is most likely not many are willing to put in the time. But then again, why should they with LFR?
    LFR exists and is necessary because the community makes it so.
    Pugs used to be way more flexible, now only with the introduction of flexible sizing are they getting remotely back to how they used to be.
    Many people are stuck in LFR because they cannot break into traditional raiding due to the organisational requirements, the need to commit to the times that someone else dictates as being acceptable.
    Their ability to actually play to some sufficient standard of performance is irrelevant, or their ability to learn and get up to that standard.

LFR is not "seeing the content", as you are inferring.
    Otherwise why would you or anyone else raid anything else.
    The very fact that people DO raid flex, DO raid normal, DO raid heroic proves that argument wrong.
    Simple as that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-01-10 at 04:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    This is seriously leaning toward "devs wasting time and money designing heroic raid content" when they could be designing content to occupy the other 94%.
    So what you are saying that there is no other content in this game other than heroic garrosh? Please.

Also how much time do you think went into the heroic bosses? Have you actually done any heroic mode? Every single boss is just the same as normal, scaled up hp and damage and possibly one or two added abilities that are completely unimaginative. Just check the bosses.

Immerseus - Add spawn that do nothing, a debuff on the boss that gives you a stacking dot when you attack the boss.
    Protectors - Rook adds share health, Suns Calamity deals 10% more damage each cast, He's poisons also proc on Garrote.
    Norushen - There are 5 portals to the underworld
    Sha - First boss with some real changes. The rifts aswell as banishment provides some new elemets to the fight.
    Galakras - Help the goblins open the tower
    Iron Jug - Normal
    Shams - Each boss got 1 new ability
    Nazgrim - 1 new add type
    Malkorok - Existing ability now also spawns an add that slows nearby players
    Spoils - Killing a mob spawns a spark on the opposite side
    Thok - Trash added as adds on the boss fight
    Siegecrafter - Wohoo, atleast a few changes. One weapon gets overpowered! I guess the laser is kinda "new". Turrets get health and needs to be killed, magnet stays longer and mines spawns new mines when killed. Not really huge changes.
    Paragons - Other than some minor changes (like scorpions actually have to eat a parasite and Korvens amber being immune to damage), the only real changes are the catalysts, Hisek got a new ability, Kil'ruk got a new ability. Probably the fight with the most changes to be honest.
    Garrosh - Normal with a tighter dps check, a few minor changes like adds in P1 randomly fixating. A fourth phase that with a few extremely simple and easy mechanics.

How much developmet time do you think went into all these heroic modes? I also would not be surprised if a lot of the heroic mode abilities were intended to be in normal mode but was scrapped. Every heroic mode is basically the same as normal with 1-2 changes that cant have taken many hours of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Funny considering 94% of the playerbase has already way more content available than they could ever complete.
    It's also about quality of content.

Lots of people don't want to collect every achievement in the game or do 10000 pet battles and collect every pet.

Say Blizzard add an achievement which is killing 100000000 million mobs, would people be stupid to whine about no content then because they haven't completed everything?

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Also - Garrosh is not by any means ridiculous for an MMO boss.

Now I never played Everquest, but I remember hearing about this guy:

"Kerafyrm, The Sleeper (EverQuest)
    Probably the hardest dragon boss of all time, as it had around 250 million health point, was invulnerable to nearly all spells and had the ability to use death touch (kill a player with one touch).With the average 6999 damage per swing, The Sleeper killed everything that came on its way. Whole fight took 3 hours to finish and was only possible thanks to quick resurrections. Interesting to know, is that with each death, EverQuest players lost experience points and de-leveled several times during the fight. Kerafyrm could only be awakened once on every server and he never respawned again."

That is an exclusive boss.
    The Sleeper was intentionally designed to roflsmash any raid that tried him during that expansion - it wasn't until many expansions later and a server-wide player arranged event, that one single server was able to kill him. Even then, the boss had so many scripts tied to him that GMs were concerned it would break the server so they initially despawned him. The server was given another chance later though.

By the way, once attacked - the Sleeper despawned from the server permanently after he roflstomped the raid attacking him. That's why it took several expansions later - there was only one server left with him spawned - a full PvP server that up until then had limited PvE guild progress.