10+ Year Old Account

Addon or website for reforging?

As the title says, looking for something to help me reforge, using simcraft to get the stat weights. My old website doesn't exist anymore :<

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use http://www.askmrrobot.com/ works great

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite

Ingame addon, what I used to use when I was still playing

ReforgeLite - fast, in-game addon

Fast reforging: Reforgelite, works always
    In-depth min-max to extreme: AskMrRobot, requires stat weights from SimC/similar

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot guys, MrRobot is so easy to use after getting the weights from simcraft. Cheers!

As an aside: I don't agree with AMR's philosophy on putting you slightly under the hit cap if it's closer than being slightly over. On DoT classes, where you can just recast a DoT if it misses, or energy classes, who get energy focus refunds (and have no CDs on their abilities, just energy restrictions), that's fine. But for classes like warriors/hunters with main nukes with hard CDs, and lots of filler spells to build up resources for those nukes....I don't recommend being under hit/expertise cap. Missing a big KC can be utterly devestating.

For that reason, I use ReforgeLite with at least 2550 for both hit/expertise.

MrRobot is great if you need to make nuanced decisions about gems/sockets, or if you have multiple caps to reach beyond hit/exp.

Hunters aren't really affected by either of those, so MrRobot can be way overkill. I prefer just to run reforgelite.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As an aside: I don't agree with AMR's philosophy on putting you slightly under the hit cap if it's closer than being slightly over. On DoT classes, where you can just recast a DoT if it misses, or energy classes, who get energy focus refunds (and have no CDs on their abilities, just energy restrictions), that's fine. But for classes like warriors/hunters with main nukes with hard CDs, and lots of filler spells to build up resources for those nukes....I don't recommend being under hit/expertise cap. Missing a big KC can be utterly devestating.

For that reason, I use ReforgeLite with at least 2550 for both hit/expertise.
    Unless it involves something like doing belts on SC, where consistent damage every single time is somewhat crucial (I still disagree that it is necessary here tbh, unless maybe you were on cutting edge progression for the fight, but I could understand the preference in this situation), it really shouldn't make any difference. It's all in the math and the weights account for missed things. If you miss one attack doing 300k and 300 of your other attacks do 1100 more damage (due to whatever stat you gained not forcing your cap), or you gain two attacks for 160k each due to haste/more focus/etc. etc. you have a net gain. Obviously this is a rough example to illustrate the point but that is the underlying philosophy behind stat weights.

In standard fights it's all so spread out that the the "cost" of a miss doesn't really impact anything, and it's made up for throughout the rest of the fight (assuming your stat weights/simming/etc. are accurate and meaningful). Either way we're talking tiny drops in a very large bucket, but min maxing is min maxing.

I prefer AMR as it takes into account gems, and particularly enchants, where you have both the glove and cloak enchants where you can fit hit or expertise in exchange for other stats, if those would allow you to more closely "hit" your cap.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I second, third, and fourth ReforgeLite, one thing I don't think it supports is allowing you to set specific secondary values to reforge to besides hit/expertise.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI