Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The main form character progression in WOW is through gear if players do not raid their progression is severely limited. What does it matter if someone wants better gear in order to complete their dailies a bit quicker or just because they like the look of it?

Why do you expect players to pay for the content that does not interest them but allows you to benefit from ilvl 570 gear?
    And what about the players who do the high end content? What is their reward? From your point of view, you should get the highest gear available because you pay to play the game (news flash, everyone else does too). If you can obtain the best possible gear from something other than raiding, what do the raiders get for their time? This is going in circles. Again it sounds like the entitlement issue. You want it simply because you want it. You feel raiders shouldn't be rewarded for what they do, basically.

I mean, hell, I don't PvP, at all. Does that mean the people who do focus on PvP shouldn't be rewarded with their cool titles and mounts? I pay $15/month just like them, why is Blizzard designing content that I have no interest in? It's the same as raiding. There are different rewards for different tasks. The main reward for raiding is the best gear. If that was available to everyone (it already is, but in your mind it isn't), what do the raiders get for their effort? What is their reward?

Deleted
    Why do you expect players to pay for the content that does not interest them but allows you to benefit from ilvl 570 gear?
    I dont like daily quests. I demand 5$ lower sub fee because that content do not interest me.

Peoples need to face reality, the 99% of the players aren't interested in doing hard thing, some of them like to act big on forum but when they login cannot be bother to commit into doing challanging content. Blizzard used load of devloping resources and keep stressing the 99% silent players by changing back and fourth their content following those vocal cronies.
    Cata Heroics and first tier was an example, wod is a promising cata 2.0 in that sense with the whole "heroics hard again" shenigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Are people actually advocating for removal of HC level content because most people don't give a shit about it?

What's it going to do, give you an extra npc? Half the balancing for hc goes on after the patch released anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    And what about the players who do the high end content? What is their reward? From your point of view, you should get the highest gear available because you pay to play the game (news flash, everyone else does too). If you can obtain the best possible gear from something other than raiding, what do the raiders get for their time? This is going in circles. Again it sounds like the entitlement issue. You want it simply because you want it. You feel raiders shouldn't be rewarded for what they do, basically.

I mean, hell, I don't PvP, at all. Does that mean the people who do focus on PvP shouldn't be rewarded with their cool titles and mounts? I pay $15/month just like them, why is Blizzard designing content that I have no interest in? It's the same as raiding. There are different rewards for different tasks. The main reward for raiding is the best gear. If that was available to everyone (it already is, but in your mind it isn't), what do the raiders get for their effort? What is their reward?
    You say it yourself.

The main reward for PVP is PVP gear, titles, mounts, achievements.

The main reward for raids should be raiding gear, titles, mounts, achievements.

The main reward for difficult content outside of raids should be gear that is good for doing that difficult content, titles, mounts, achievements. And yes, the difficulty of that content should be high enough to make that a valid progression path that can last from one expansion to another. MoP heroics aren't it, that's like 1/10 of what's required difficulty-wise. The rewards should, of course, be commensurate as well.

PS: But this is a side topic, I think.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-10 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    THEM NOODLES! Haha, I really love those carts.

yeah, but the ability bar..................... just no until they make it serve some useful purpose.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Haha. Balance may take time but hotfixes rarely involve anything more than altering a number or two are you suggesting that costs the same in development time as SoO?

I might face a 2.2k depending on how many other players are queuing but they are not the content. I can queue for every single bit of PVP content created as soon as I hit level 90 should I wish to do so.
    What do you want? To ding 90 and kill Garrosh hc? Is that your goal? Then why not remove first 89 levels because hey, you need to get to 90.... Or better yet, ask Blizzard that they remove first 13 bosses so you can go kill Garrosh hc as soon as you ding 90.
    And seriously, altering a number or two?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Peoples need to face reality, the 99% of the players aren't interested in doing hard thing, some of them like to act big on forum but when they login cannot be bother to commit into doing challanging content. Blizzard used load of devloping resources and keep stressing the 99% silent players by changing back and fourth their content following those vocal cronies.
    Cata Heroics and first tier was an example, wod is a promising cata 2.0 in that sense with the whole "heroics hard again" shenigans.

cool. anything outside of picking turnips on the farm and all the raider support roles that 80% of the player base choose to spend their time doing should be challenging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    What do you want? To ding 90 and kill Garrosh hc? Is that your goal? Then why not remove first 89 levels because hey, you need to get to 90....
    And seriously, altering a number or two?
    well, it IS really wasted time the couple of days it takes to get to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Are people actually advocating for removal of HC level content because most people don't give a shit about it?

What's it going to do, give you an extra npc? Half the balancing for hc goes on after the patch released anyway!
    no peoples are pointing out that dispite blizzard investing alot of resources to develop hard content and dispite many peoples here and on the official forum advocating that it's not enought, the actual data show that an overvelming minority use it and do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

This might have been said earlier, but I didn't see it, so I'll just state something that seems obvious to me:

The statistics are skewed.

What I mean by that is "what percentage of the wow community is actually trying to kill all bosses on Heroic"? Taking the % of players in all of WoW and comparing that to the % who have actually killed H Garrosh makes no sense. You would need to look at "What % of people who are actively working to get a H Garrosh kill, have accomplished it?"

Very few players have the skill/teamwork/teammates/raid leader/time/dedication to kill heroic content while it is current. There aren't that many players willing to wipe on a boss 200-500 times without thinking "I could be doing something more useful and less frustrating".

I think the current situation is preferable to making content so easy that fanatically dedicated raiders would be done with all bosses on the 2nd week of content, which is what would happen if they make it any easier.

A more interesting statistic, which I think is being tracked now, is how many pulls did it take to kill the boss, and what was the average item level of the group when they killed it? Being able to compare how many pulls it takes your party to kill a boss to how many it took the world's (or realm's, or region's) first few guilds is more interesting, useful, and fun.

Deleted
    I might face a 2.2k depending on how many other players are queuing but they are not the content. I can queue for every single bit of PVP content created as soon as I hit level 90 should I wish to do so.
    Good luck finding a arena or RBG team as soon as you hit lvl 90. But even besides that, are you advocating removal of everything except pvp, because you cant queue to LFR as soon as you hit lvl 90, hell you might not be able to queue even to a 5 man.

Do you think that optimal time and commitment to see particular content, for you to accept it, is the same that you happen to be willing to put in to it?
    Last edited by mmoc7fb8344b2d; 2014-01-10 at 04:20 PM.

The number is largely irrelevant. That's player base, much of which only does LFR, some only up to flex, some only up to normal with no heroic aspirations. % of heroic raiders having downed him is surely higher. Hundreds of guilds have and this is absolutely no different than any tier this game has ever had.

It *has* to be excrutiatingly tough, if only for the reason that after he's dead, there is nothing until next tier/xpac comes out. On top of the current way of things that "real" raiding is no longer required to see the content, noone misses out on anything by not killing him, on heroic no less. Those that want to kill him and are working towards it finds this whole debate irrelevant tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    I dunno. I don't think heroics are meant for everyone. These kills are earned by the small percent of players actually willing to put in the time and effort. The percentages seem fine to me. Also I haven't killed Heroic Garrosh yet and I'm still content with our current progression.

I don't feel like I'm entitled to the kill. If we get it we earned it.
    I agree, these Herioc Bosses should only be killed & achieved by the best players, of course people with alot of gold will buy carries, but regardless this is the one thing in WoW were the whiners should never be able to get all unless they put in the hardwork, like these guilds who kill it do.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

no peoples are pointing out that dispite blizzard investing alot of resources to develop hard content and dispite many peoples here and on the official forum advocating that it's not enought, the actual data show that an overvelming minority use it and do it.
    So what if it's multi-level content? Why is a hard 5man heroic an issue if theres a level 100 normal mode setting too suitable for that person?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Mythic is going to help. The players that currently have their feet half in the current heroic raiding scene now have to make a choice to commit or get out. Casual heroic 10s had a good run.

Simply put HC Siegecrafter in 10man is still too dependent on classes to perform the functions needed (ie a hunter on belt) without that this fight is a total !%"£%!$% and considering the amount of 10man guilds there are ~80% ?? It's not surprising the amount of people that have killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    What percentage of players have seen and done every single quest in mop? Lower or higher than the heroic garrosh %?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's the heroic level end boss of an expansion. That number sounds just right. So long as everyone has some avenue to do the raids and see the content and get gear (with quality proportional to the difficulty), then Heroic is not something everyone should expect to be able to do.

For most people, Normals may be where you belong. Or Flex. Or LFR.

(I say this as a casual that doesn't play anywhere near what he used to, and only does LFR at most.)

It is laughable the overwhelming shouts for MOAR FASTER when 99% of the player base has not gotten even close to comleting what is already out.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    It is laughable the overwhelming shouts for MOAR FASTER when 99% of the player base has not gotten even close to comleting what is already out.
    I killed garrosh on flex, I have completed the content for what I am interested in. Next plz.