H fallen protectors question

During Sun's desperate measures, as a SV hunter, should I be aoeing the little adds or just straight dps the embodied ("big") adds out of the circle? Is there a way better than another to get out of Sun's DM faster? On our best attempts we got to 5-6% hp on all of them before enrage, so any tips appreciated. Thanks

Keep SrS rolling on everything, including both ranged dudes, and single target a guy on the outside. All the damage on the little guys gets done to the outside guys as well, but unless your melee is really bad, there shouldn't be a reason to dump AoE into them. You can also put the pile of adds inbetween you and the ranged dude you're hitting so at least your GT hits all of them.

I don't know what else to say in re: getting out of Sun's Desparate Measures quicker...DPS harder?

Deleted
    AoEing the little adds while keeping SrS on the 2 big ones is the fastest way to finish the phase

alright. Ty for the help

Deleted
    Are the tanks stacking Rook and He on the 'big' adds outside? If so, throw a multishot now and then but have the big add as your main target. Remember, even if you use TotH and it procs, explosive shot takes prio.

Deleted
    There is no point in switching to the large adds on the outside, as when the smaller adds die, that HP is removed from the the larger adds, meaning that you should AoE to break out of that phase faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Connorizm View Post
    There is no point in switching to the large adds on the outside, as when the smaller adds die, that HP is removed from the the larger adds, meaning that you should AoE to break out of that phase faster.
    the smaller adds actually spawn with the same health(remaining health) as the 2 large adds, so everything dies at once as all of their health bars are essentially just 1 bar, and they will all die at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the smaller adds actually spawn with the same health(remaining health) as the 2 large adds, so everything dies at once as all of their health bars are essentially just 1 bar, and they will all die at the same time.
    Whichs mean that AoE'ing the small adds would be more beneficial than singel-target'ing the big ones, as he said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Keep SrS rolling on everything, including both ranged dudes, and single target a guy on the outside. All the damage on the little guys gets done to the outside guys as well, but unless your melee is really bad, there shouldn't be a reason to dump AoE into them. You can also put the pile of adds inbetween you and the ranged dude you're hitting so at least your GT hits all of them.

I don't know what else to say in re: getting out of Sun's Desparate Measures quicker...DPS harder?
    Getting a magma trap up wouldn't be much of a waste, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Getting a magma trap up wouldn't be much of a waste, wouldn't it?
    Magma trap.... I want it! Gimme'!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Magma trap.... I want it! Gimme'!
    Blizzard please!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Had this boss on farm for months and I didn't even know all the adds in Sun's desperate measure phase all share hp /ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Had this boss on farm for months and I didn't even know all the adds in Sun's desperate measure phase all share hp /ashamed.
    You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    You're not alone.
    Yup, that's news for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    Yup, that's news for me as well.
    Yup. /10chars

If you're wiping at 5-6% on various attempts I think that the focus could be driven towards some other part of the fight other than getting out of Sun's DM phase, unless you are really spending a ridiculous amount of time in it for some reason. The enrage is rather forgiving even if you're 3 healing.

As previously stated in this thread the adds have a linked health with the 2 bigger adds on the outside. If you can find a way to AoE the small adds, and single target the big adds it would be the most optimal. I typically will put down Explosive Trap in the middle if there is a high enough concentration of adds and make sure that Barrage is aligned to hit a big add and as many small adds as possible.

That being said, if you are having DPS issues, my first instinct is that He Softfoot is not being tanked with the group at the start of the fight, nor is he being tanked with the group if he has instant poison on. The single most time consuming aspect of this fight is burning 33% off of a boss to get to his/her desperate measures just because you didn't multi-dot or cleave a significant chunk of his/her health down. To give a better example of what I mean is when we were progressing on this boss after all 3 initial Desperate measures, we could try to make sure that He Softfoot was ~50% before we pushed Rook to 33% - The only thing that makes this harder is if he applies Noxious Poison and can only be DPS'd by ranged.

Good Luck, hope you get the kill, you're close as is, I'm sure it will come soon regardless.
    Recruiting for 5.4 Heroic Progression