Is there anyway for someone from EU to play on US servers.

Like the title says Is there anyway for someone from EU to play on US servers.

I got a friend over in the uk who wants to play with me.

So is there a way?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Should be. I'm from the US and I've played on EU servers. I believe all you have to do is download the seperate client/game.

10+ Year Old Account
    He needs to have an american account.
    He then either needs to level a new char up, or pay to move his main over.

And he needs to buy all expansions on that account

Just to give you an idea.

Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Yes, all he needs to do is buy the US game clients, and attach them to his already existing Bnet account.

YOU can NOT transfer an EU toon to US...so he has to level from start.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Thanks for all the info.

So he could buy the US "Code' and apply it to his EU account and play it? Because I think he considered getting the Battlechest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

download US client and create US account. that's it.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    That part I did not know though. Rest is true though
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Thats np because hes never played WoW.

Would applying a US code to a EU account work or dose he need to make a whole new account altogether.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure he will need to re-download the whole games US variant and get a new US account.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    download US client and create US account. that's it.
    US client isn't needed. Just need to edit the realmlist.wtf file and change the portal from your region to "us" minus the quotes. (might not work with the bnet desktop client)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    US client isn't needed. Just need to edit the realmlist.wtf file and change the portal from your region to "us" minus the quotes. (might not work with the bnet desktop client)
    Not anymore. Better to add a US client to his battle.net. The new system lines it up for him on a drop bar. Just add a US version, code and all and you'll see it on your battle.net desktop feature.

Like this...

The new desktop feature has made it quite easier to have multiple versions / regions. Though, first time with the feature, you might need to make it recognize that you have a US version too - takes a little, but normally it does just update itself.

Though, sorry for the lacking over view of an answer.

Step by step:
    1.: Create a US account
    2.: Make sure you can log into the US account without being switched to EU
    3.: Merge your US account over to your battle.net account (main account) by clicking the Merge button and follow the instructions.

4.: But you do not need to buy all expansions if you are only going to look, add a battlechest, or the full if you wish of course and enjoy *smiles*

- NOTE: It may have changed since I did it last, and might have become easier. Unsure if you can apply your US version from within your EU account now. But I did it so.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-12 at 05:27 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not anymore. Better to add a US client to his battle.net. The new system lines it up for him on a drop bar. Just add a US version, code and all and you'll see it on your battle.net desktop feature.

Like this...

The new desktop feature has made it quite easier to have multiple versions / regions.
    So if he got a US Battlechest code it will show up on the drop bar for the US client?

Also how would paying for that stuff work. Since he is in EU the sub is like $12.99 but the US price is $15. The US battlechest is $20 but in EU its $15. Would he be paying the US or EU price even tho its on the US story.

This is one of the things I wish WOW/Blizzard would get with the times with when it comes to MMO's. There is rarely a MMO anymore where EU can't play with US. These work arounds is kinda annoying lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    - NOTE: It may have changed since I did it last, and might have become easier. Unsure if you can apply your US version from within your EU account now. But I did it so.
    Cool good to know.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-12 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So if he got a US Battlechest code it will show up on the drop bar for the US client?

Also how would paying for that stuff work. Since he is in EU the sub is like $12.99 but the US price is $15. The US battlechest is $20 but in EU its $15. Would he be paying the US or EU price even tho its on the US story.

This is one of the things I wish WOW/Blizzard would get with the times with when it comes to MMO's. There is rarely a MMO anymore where EU can't play with US. These work arounds is kinda annoying lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool good to know.
    Well, he would be needed to buy gametime online, from the US store. Make sure it is the US store, EU gamecards does not work on US and vice versa. The payment of such would have to be by creditcard but there wont be a much difference hit in the prices, really. He would be paying the US prices, but that is not much either.

Currently, 20 US dollars is about 15 euro anyways, so do not worry for that.

If you first make the trail account and merge it to the main account, then you can go through the account management, and apply battlechest + more by clicking the account and select - It would look just like the EU on here
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-12 at 05:41 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..