Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is enchancement dps any good now?

thinking about to start an alt, is enchancement dps in raids any good now?

Raidbots has them middle of the pack for melee.

I think they're considered one of the best burst classes now, if not at least for melee.
    Personally I think they're good, but eh, what do I know, I just heal stuff really.

One of the best Single target...

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Were in a good spot. Strong burst DPS and middle ground single target sustained.

As far as melee goes, yes there are classes that are better. Paladins for example are in a great spot this tier and they also have very strong raid cooldowns along with Feral and also Warriors, Rogues are also still dominating the top of the charts. Were not low, but were not high either.

The problem I find with Enhance and Raiding is the fact we have a ranged spec available to us.

Quote Originally Posted by suxorz1994 View Post
    it is still named enhancement...

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    it is still named enhancement...
    Never understood how people keep calling Enhancement for "Enchantment" :P

But yeah, I keep coming on ~6th place on dps on Ordos with about 200-230k dps with 516 ilvl.

Enhance is the #2 single target melee dps in the game right now (complicated feral rotation is ahead)

I'm generally #1 on all single target fights in my guild and extremely competitive (top5) on every fight in SoO at 577 ilvl.
    Pulling 400-500k depending on the fight.

Enh is entirely reliant on trinket procs and pots to do good damage, so no. 500 ilvl will only get you around 80-90k dps burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectie View Post
    Enhance is the #2 single target melee dps in the game right now (complicated feral rotation is ahead)

I'm generally #1 on all single target fights in my guild and extremely competitive (top5) on every fight in SoO at 577 ilvl.
    I wanna see logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Enh is entirely reliant on trinket procs and pots to do good damage, so no. 500 ilvl will only get you around 80-90k dps burst.
    You're doing it wrong.

Yeah, simcraft is full of shit. We're good but we're not THAT good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suxorz1994 View Post
    Middle of the pack in hc raiding. Just where i see it too. Good single target dps, but suffers in a lot of situations because of clunky aoe or imunity skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Middle of the pack:

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/all/7/30/default/#0010011001110111101010100000000000

I think most enhancers can live with that. Indeed, all melees except rogues and dks are close to each other. Rogues are a lot stronger, DKs a lot weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post

I wanna see logs.
    Just because raidbots shows enhance in the middle doesn't mean that's where we should be. That means that is where the playerbase has us. Enhance has, and has had for a while, the worst playerbase collectively. I talk to Enhance that are 570+ ilvl and 8-9+ heroic that still think unleash flame buffs lava lash.

We haven't done farm in a LONG time b/c we've been extending on garrosh and paragons for about the last month but if you want to see logs here you go
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=1400#Spectie - immersius 335k with all teh downtime #2
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...e=3654#Spectie - galakras 459k
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...e=7535#Spectie - malkorok 450k single target
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...=12618#Spectie - spoils 371k with lots of downtime b/c our group is faster
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=2909#Spectie - 425k norushen
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...e=4964#Spectie - 435k iron jugg

and i'm only like a top 30ish enhance in the east, probably top 10-15 in us I'd like to think (doesn't mean I am, I just like to think so)

These will be even better when we go back on farm as i'm falling a bit behind in ilvl now to the top 40-50 guilds clearing every week.

Iron juggernaut is probably the best boss to measure dps on, here is the top enhance parses per warcraftlogs
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...ec=Enhancement

Don't tell me 400-500k isn't doable.

Also, here is my 522 enhance with shit gear, a lfr weapon, and NO legendary stuff, no meta nothing doing 185k on malkorok last night with 600k burst on the pull
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=2&by=target
    Last edited by Spectie; 2014-01-12 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yeah, simcraft is full of shit. We're good but we're not THAT good.
    We are that good. I've had bursts on lust/pots well into the 1.5mil+ range. I'm not the best in the world, but I can keep 250-350k sustained in sub 570 gear. Someone in 575+ pulling 400-500k is easily doable. On H Sha I'll end up doing over 40+mil dmg just from fire nova, with my tanks doing a damn good job of making sure all the adds are stacked up tight on the boss for my cleave/nova spread. It depends on the situation too. Our burst is arguably the best in the game right now (single target), and if we can sustain aoe with 4piece bonus, we can dominate aoe fights also unless things are spread out too much to make use of our cleave (I'm usually only fighting with our ele sham on certain aoe phases).

And the 80-90k burst comment? I hope they were joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because raidbots shows enhance in the middle doesn't mean that's where we should be. That means that is where the playerbase has us. Enhance has, and has had for a while, the worst playerbase collectively. I talk to Enhance that are 570+ ilvl and 8-9+ heroic that still think unleash flame buffs lava lash.
    Those exist? Even my team2 enh sham who's not that far behind me knows better than that.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you do X on pull means squat. Basing our overall performance on your personal raid also means squat.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much this

Iron juggernaut is probably the best boss to measure dps on, here is the top enhance parses per warcraftlogs
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...ec=Enhancement

Don't tell me 400-500k isn't doable.
    Confirmed
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-01-12 at 09:22 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Enhancement is in a solid place right now. Better than what they have been, at least.

Decent - High DPS (Assuming you have AoC), 'decent' throughput with Tide and AG. With that being said, Enhance has terrible snap AoE / target switching, but competitive AoE if adds are alive for a long time. Good to have one in the raid, but I wouldn't take one over a skilled Warrior or Rogue ;o.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

A good Enh is top 3 dps specs in the game. An average Enh is middle of the pack with top tier burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Just because you do X on pull means squat. Basing our overall performance on your personal raid also means squat.
    It actually means a lot. It means that the class isn't middle of the pack because of game mechanics or enhance balance. It means it's middle of the pack because of average player skill.
    People who play other classes are generally better players based on enhancements history of being sub par.
    If played properly it is one of the best if not the best, claiming otherwise because you don't play the class to its fullest potential is just wrong.

Enhance is in a great place, we had a little bit of a spat on another thread, but I maintain that our ability to perform at an optimal level highly depends on your other dps, just because fitting in as many of our CD's as possible is very important. That said, our only real failure, as a spec, im my opinion, is our lack of good on demand AoE. Flame shock, UE, Lava Lash and Fire Nova takes forever, and thats assuming FS, UE, and LL are all up when you need them.