Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Don't get me wrong, there's an obvious answer to each little "what do you do next," as there should be. The problem lies in the fact that the three mentioned ideas (Rage resource, optimization of buffs and debuffs due to their large role they play on damage, reliance on an ability you spend almost a 3rd of a fight actively using) causes the grey area between "new to the spec" and "ideal" damage to be such an absurdly large gap, regardless if you are hitting as many (useful/bound) buttons as possible, as hard as possible.
    Great answer and I love the explanation, but here's what causes me the problems, that is I have to work out on the fly every couple of seconds what is the optimal thing to do, whilst simultaneously dealing with the bosses mechanics, calling out stuff and performing my encounter specific role (stand in the puddle, get on the belt, vigilance the tank, whatever). To be frank I can barely keep up

Sometimes I feel that I have to bust my guts to keep up with some other dpsers , and by the end of the raid I'm physically drained I'm in awe of the performance of some, and can barely comprehend how they do it.

Deleted
    Great answer from all 3 of you, now i actually learned something. Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Couldn't you have picked a good Warrior?
    Ya like Landsoul!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Ya like Landsoul!
    Atleast he is 14H!

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast he is 14H!
    pft carried.

Couldn't you have picked a good Warrior?

Yep... that is my exact reaction when that happens.

Deleted
    Yes this, and when bosses like General Nazgrims charges away just when I dragonroar.. happens way too often. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    wrong forum...edited :P

Just out of curiosity, why would you use Dragon Roar on Nazgrim? You'll gain higher AoE and single target damage by picking Bladestorm instead.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would you use Dragon Roar on Nazgrim? You'll gain higher AoE and single target damage by picking Bladestorm instead.
    The reason I use it is for the extra burst aginst warshamans and snipers, to get them down as fast as possible, also nice with an extra interrupt for spin/casts. Thats my personal opinion, very possible that bladestorm would net an overall higher dps.

Higher single target damage with bladestorm, wait what? :s
    Last edited by mmocc7836c6e8f; 2014-01-13 at 02:52 AM.

If Dragon Roar hits more than 1 target it will do reduced damage.
    1target=100% damage
    2targets=75% damage (per target)
    3targets=65% damage (per target)
    4targets=55% damage (per target)
    5-20targets=50% damage (per target)
    So if your DR hits more than your main target you'll lose a heavy amount of damage.

Bladestorm on the other hand is around 5-10% weaker on a single target, but it doesn't lose any of its damage if it hits more than one.
    Let's say Bladestorm is 15% weaker than DR to exaggerate the number a little.
    1target=85% damage ((per target) compared to DR)
    2targets=85% damage ((per target) compared to DR)
    As soon as you hit 2 targets Bladestorm yields higher results on the main target compared with DR, and the higher the add count goes, the stronger BS gets.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If Dragon Roar hits more than 1 target it will do reduced damage.
    1target=100% damage
    2targets=75% damage (per target)
    3targets=65% damage (per target)
    4targets=55% damage (per target)
    5-20targets=50% damage (per target)
    So if your DR hits more than your main target you'll lose a heavy amount of damage.

Bladestorm on the other hand is around 5-10% weaker on a single target, but it doesn't lose any of its damage if it hits more than one.
    Let's say Bladestorm is 15% weaker than DR to exaggerate the number a little.
    1target=85% damage ((per target) compared to DR)
    2targets=85% damage ((per target) compared to DR)
    As soon as you hit 2 targets Bladestorm yields higher results on the main target compared with DR, and the higher the add count goes, the stronger BS gets.
    The 15% is even exaggerating. For me, bladestorm is only simmed at a 1k loss and I sim at ~390k. What this means is, even on a fight like iron jugg, if I hit just 1 mine, I would have been just as well off taking bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    The 15% is even exaggerating. For me, bladestorm is only simmed at a 1k loss and I sim at ~390k. What this means is, even on a fight like iron jugg, if I hit just 1 mine, I would have been just as well off taking bladestorm.
    I need to double check but I'm pretty sure if the 2nd target is immune to damage it will deal full damage to the single target. It only splits the damage if the 2nd target actually takes damage.

- - - Updated - - -

I stand corrected, it does diminish. Easy fix: Don't stand near bombs and let someone else deal with them so you can do MOAR DAMAGE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all classes easy to play but difficult to master, of course this is all relative.

Except maybe arcane mage patch 4.2, and ele shamans. :P heh

Quote Originally Posted by Devastated View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all classes easy to play but difficult to master, of course this is all relative.

Not really from a semi-strict dps standpoint. Arms is pretty easy to master, so is Ret. Festerblight Unholy is pretty easy, as well (until the upcoming change to DoTs/Snapshotting). Many specs aren't hard to "master" (and I mean playing at 90%+ efficiency) imo. Only reason Fury, persay, is up there is because of so many minor things to react to, as many of the comments are directed towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastated View Post

Two sides to that coin.

First, while a class may be hard to play to perfection, some classes get more out of perfect play than others.

A DW frost DK might be hard to play perfectly. Un macroed BT V Macroed, etc. But the difference between perfect play and pretty good play is close.

A fury warrior is hard to play perfectly, and the difference between perfect play and pretty good play is huge.

That's the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Know the feeling. And for some reason, it is always CS... ugh.

Guess we have to live with it.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Went DPS on Galakras 25H for the lols a couple of weeks ago, one of my CS parries happened when he turned around the splitspecond he targets someone for the fireballs. Facepalmed so hard.